PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Email (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56415)

kphillips 02-05-2009 09:35 AM

Email

I ahve been trying to add another email address to my phone. for some reason it keeps asking for for my password. I have typed in the password and checked the box to save the password. For some reason it has been connecting for the last 20 minutes. What should I do?

grandmasterlarry 02-05-2009 09:41 AM

Re: Email

delete the account and recreate the connection. if that dont work then your doing somthing wrong....

Biggzz 02-05-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmasterlarry (Post 691339)
delete the account and recreate the connection. if that dont work then your doing somthing wrong....

What is the method of deleting and email account from the picker? I want to delete my hotmail account but i don't get that option when holding down on it.

kentthorne 02-05-2009 11:06 AM

you simply go to the live messenger program and hit switch user, and it will delete the windows live profile. then just log in again and it will set it up for you. if that doesn't work confirm your login via web on the computer make sure you are doing all numbers a caps correctly on the phone (that is the most common problem), then you may need to do a soft reset (pull out battery) and if its still not working a hard reset. For hard reset, pull out battery, and as you power on the phone hold down both the center okay button and the up volume button. Sometimes it takes a couple of time to get it right. hope that helps.

Hafrust 02-05-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

if its still not working a hard reset. For hard reset, pull out battery, and as you power on the phone hold down both the center okay button and the up volume button.
If you have to do a hard reset, you hold volume down, not up.

kphillips 02-05-2009 11:07 AM

I tried that and now I can not get it back on the phone.

Hafrust 02-05-2009 11:09 AM

He mentioned several steps, which one did you try? If you give more detailed information you'll get more accurate help.

Biggzz 02-05-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentthorne (Post 691493)
you simply go to the live messenger program and hit switch user, and it will delete the windows live profile. then just log in again and it will set it up for you. if that doesn't work confirm your login via web on the computer make sure you are doing all numbers a caps correctly on the phone (that is the most common problem), then you may need to do a soft reset (pull out battery) and if its still not working a hard reset. For hard reset, pull out battery, and as you power on the phone hold down both the center okay button and the up volume button. Sometimes it takes a couple of time to get it right. hope that helps.

Thanks, that worked. I hit the Thanks button 2