PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Ringo - and beeping issue... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54831)

KillerQ 01-25-2009 11:52 PM

Ringo - and beeping issue...

Hey all,

Anyone here using RINGO from ringomo.com? I have been using this for years, and LOVE IT! However, on mt TP, whenever I get a message, right before the assigned ringo tone sounds, i get a "default" sounding beep that plays.

The beep isn't assigned anywhere else in the phone.... Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt!

P.S. If you haven't tried ringo, check it out!

Cahl 01-26-2009 07:31 PM

Re: Ringo - and beeping issue...

I use it and really enjoy it, except for one thing. When I'm on a call and the call waiting happens it plays the tone for a new call, and doesn't stop! :disgust:

I haven't seen the issue you're having but was wondering if you or someone else may have a fix for yours and mine :mrgreen:

Terencec 01-27-2009 01:19 AM

Go to sound notifications and turn off sound effect for new text message

KillerQ 01-30-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahl (Post 668891)
I use it and really enjoy it, except for one thing. When I'm on a call and the call waiting happens it plays the tone for a new call, and doesn't stop! :disgust:

I haven't seen the issue you're having but was wondering if you or someone else may have a fix for yours and mine :mrgreen:

Cahl,

Wow - i have been beta testing Ringo for almost 2 years now, and never associated that repeating call waiting issue to ringo! I thought it was something with the way the phone was handeling the call... Go figure. I'll report it to the developer.

@ Terencec Also, I have changed the tone of the text message notification in the sound settings of the phone, and STILL get that default beep sound, regardless of what is set - So I thought that wasn't the root of the problem. But sure enough, when I unchecked the "play sound" box, it solved the problem 100%

With previous phones, RINGO would automatically turn the SMS tone off in teh settings. It didn't on this phone. I should have made the connection. I'll advise the developer...

Thanks a bunch!

Matt!

Cahl 02-01-2009 12:29 AM

Thanks for the information, it's crazy when it happens!

akastixx 03-06-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahl (Post 668891)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerQ (Post 679997)
Cahl,

Wow - i have been beta testing Ringo for almost 2 years now, and never associated that repeating call waiting issue to ringo! I thought it was something with the way the phone was handeling the call... Go figure. I'll report it to the developer.

@ Terencec Also, I have changed the tone of the text message notification in the sound settings of the phone, and STILL get that default beep sound, regardless of what is set - So I thought that wasn't the root of the problem. But sure enough, when I unchecked the "play sound" box, it solved the problem 100%

With previous phones, RINGO would automatically turn the SMS tone off in teh settings. It didn't on this phone. I should have made the connection. I'll advise the developer...

Thanks a bunch!

Matt!

Have they gotten back to you on this? It is soooooo annoying!