PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   VZW Touch Pro Moisture Indicator. Why didn't they just stick on the outside? See Pix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54227)

kilofox 01-21-2009 06:08 PM

VZW Touch Pro Moisture Indicator. Why didn't they just stick on the outside? See Pix

http://kilofox.smugmug.com/photos/45..._ZYLYh-L-1.jpg

The pic below was taken right before the back cover is snapped... which one can see it didnt take much for it to turn red.

http://kilofox.smugmug.com/photos/459125173_RX5xn-L.jpg

I tried to return this phone to Verizon... they said no way. So now I am stuck with it. I have never seen a moisture sticker this close to the outside of a phone... and I have had plenty.

Unknown Zone 01-21-2009 06:12 PM

Re: Touch Pro Moisture Indicator.... Why didn't they just stick on the outside? See P

Well here in South Texas where the humidity is very high from the Gulf, having the sticker outside would be a big NO...NO...lol..., but I know where you are coming from....sorry to hear about your issue.

I just checked mine and it is located just above the battery more or less centered, that might be a default location for "Sprint",

If the default location for "Verizon" is where yours is located....that is not good.

scrosler 01-21-2009 06:14 PM

Re: Touch Pro Moisture Indicator.... Why didn't they just stick on the outside? See P

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilofox (Post 656744)

The pic below was taken right before the back cover is snapped... which one can see it didnt take much for it to turn red.

I tried to return this phone to Verizon... they said no way. So now I am stuck with it. I have never seen a moisture sticker this close to the outside of a phone... and I have had plenty.

Are these reall "moisture" detectors? I got one spare phone... Let me go try something...

BTW: I always thought that these were just standard "voide" if removed tags?

I dont know but I am going to go take a prefectly good pro and douce it with water.... I need to send it back to VZW anyways....

BTW: With VZW NEVER EVER go to a STORE!!! Just call 800 number and swap that way. Not that I would ever encourage you to try and manipulate the system in any! HINT!

BRB
YEah, IM for real!

nickf126 01-21-2009 06:32 PM

You know, this is very interesting. I just checked my Verizon vogue, and I found that this exact sticker is in the same place.

Different phone, but the sticker is right at the bottom, in the middle. And get this, mine is all red like that too, and I have never gotten it wet.

I think that this is a little unfair. Moisture could easily get in there with normal use.

Hafrust 01-21-2009 06:36 PM

I can't tell from the OP's pics, but are they just the red, criss-crossed lines or has the entire sticker gone red?

scrosler 01-21-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickf126 (Post 656795)
You know, this is very interesting. I just checked my Verizon vogue, and I found that this exact sticker is in the same place.

Different phone, but the sticker is right at the bottom, in the middle. And get this, mine is all red like that too, and I have never gotten it wet.

I think that this is a little unfair. Moisture could easily get in there with normal use.

Yup! Agreed.

I just tested, and mine turned red. Ok, feel stupid now for not ever beleivng this...

OP, do you have Asurion insurance? Please tell me you didint acuire a near $600 phone without insurance ;c)

And what is wrong with phone?

scrosler 01-21-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripdub1 (Post 656807)
I can't tell from the OP's pics, but are they just the red, criss-crossed lines or has the entire sticker gone red?

The rest of the sticker turned red like the lines. The white part tunred red I shoudl say.

avgas 01-21-2009 06:42 PM

I carefully removed mines and stored it away

BigDiesel07 01-21-2009 06:42 PM

That weird... Mine is right near the microSD slot...

akijikan 01-21-2009 06:58 PM

yeah Sprint's is by the SD slot...god verizon likes to screw its customers

BigDiesel07 01-21-2009 07:00 PM

But if you think about it.. There are probably more then just this one.. Just one wetness indicator strip would be crazy.. Especially since it can be taken off and stored as avg just did...

avgas 01-21-2009 07:09 PM

yea, I think that outside one is just so they won't waste time and open it.
Even if there wasn't any indicators, they can still see liquid residue on the inside after opening it.

gti151 01-21-2009 07:18 PM

Red Sticker + Q-tip + Bleach = Happy Owner...

Medic 01-21-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 656750)
Well here in South Texas where the humidity is very high from the Gulf, having the sticker outside would be a big NO...NO...lol..., but I know where you are coming from....sorry to hear about your issue.

I just checked mine and it is located just above the battery more or less centered, that might be a default location for "Sprint",

If the default location for "Verizon" is where yours is located....that is not good.

I hear ya about the heat down here in south texas. I got rejected once on my Mogul for supposed water damaged even though the indicator turning color was probably from simple moisture from carrying it in my pocket.

micro254 01-21-2009 08:18 PM

tht eems like bs im sure if you complain the issue with the sticker will be byp*****

guitardoc64 01-21-2009 08:37 PM

Sprint Touch has one in about the same place. I'm thinking about removing and storing too.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...1826_00172.jpg

isangmahal 01-21-2009 09:51 PM

This thread made me paranoid so I checked the location for mine. Thankfully there is none near the bottom of the phone and is only near the microSD slot. The production date on mine is 12/15/2008.

Guitardoc, when is the production date for yours? You can check by dialing ##778#, clicking 'View', and then looking at the Manufacturer's Date.

mabru2001 01-21-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gti151 (Post 656938)
Red Sticker + Q-tip + Bleach = Happy Owner...

That's not a good idea for the PRO and Diamonds, They have to be red and white. If its only white then it def. looks doctored.

mabru2001 01-21-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isangmahal (Post 657261)
This thread made me paranoid so I checked the location for mine. Thankfully there is none near the bottom of the phone and is only near the microSD slot. The production date on mine is 12/15/2008.

Guitardoc, when is the production date for yours? You can check by dialing ##778#, clicking 'View', and then looking at the Manufacturer's Date.

Sprint = By SD Card
Verizon = By USB Port

BigDiesel07 01-21-2009 11:14 PM

Nice Mab.. Short and to the point..

Nightshade 01-21-2009 11:48 PM

Small square of paper over the indicator and then a small piece of scotch tape.. can peal it off and the indicator is untouched... (paper keeps the tape from making the indicator label rip off when pealing the tape)

BigDiesel07 01-22-2009 12:05 AM

Good ideas all around..

nickf126 01-22-2009 12:11 AM

Ok I stand corrected. I was under the impression that the red cross hatch lines were an indicator of moisture. Now after review I see that the white part turns red.

I still think that it is a bit unfair to have this sticker there. I do appreciate the ideas on how to avoid it getting wet though! (wink wink nudge nudge)

BigDiesel07 01-22-2009 12:47 AM

You could just move it...

monjod 01-22-2009 01:02 AM

Buy yourself a spare battery and then you can remove the indicator from battery and cut to fit. Let's just say for instance, your CIO drops his phone into his kids koolaid. You can take the sticker off the battery and place it on the phone. Instant hero!
Not that I would do that (wink wink) you can pick up an OEM battery on ebay for 10 bucks. Warranty now ok and you have a spare battery to boot. If the indicator is red on your battery you will need to buy two. :drunken:

WarChild 01-22-2009 03:45 AM

that doesn't look anything like my pro. my back is grey and it doesn't have the channels on the sides, must be the original pro or the diamond maybe??!!

helix139 01-22-2009 10:09 AM

Just remove the sticker. it's not your fault QA forgot to put one on prior to shipping it to you...

mabru2001 01-22-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 657899)
that doesn't look anything like my pro. my back is grey and it doesn't have the channels on the sides, must be the original pro or the diamond maybe??!!

Remember everyone that says the OP phone doesn't look like theirs. Verizon and Sprint along with other carriers use this same forum. Hence the OP of this thread is from Verizon and Verizon has a different build model. That is why when its a carrier specific thread you should have it titled as such. (select the titel prefix of Verizon for example)