PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Best case on ebay (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53873)

twe90kid 01-19-2009 03:40 PM

Best case on ebay

I would like to order a case to cover up the stupid chrome on my touch pro because the chrome is flaking off.

i found that the seidio case to be best looking but i don't want to pay 40 bucks for that case. anyone buy a case from ebay which looks a lot like the seidio case?

i know that theres a thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41805, but that thread is loaded with information and it's hard to search for reviews.

tracerit 01-19-2009 04:03 PM

Re: Best case on ebay

I just bought this case off ebay for $8: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&ih=012&ih=002

I believe it's similar to the SEIDIO case, but just cheaper. The key is to get one with a black interior. I bought a hard rubberized case for my Diamond once but it was a white plastic interior and they just painted it black on the outside and then rubberized it, the quality sucked really bad and it flaked off. I then got one that was actually black plastic and then rubberized, and found the quality to be outstanding, no flaking for 1 month (compared to only 2 days for the former case!). So i asked around ebay all the sellers if the inside of their cases were black plastic and the seller above lived in LA, which was close to me, so i got the case. The case is PERFECT! No flaking, feels great, secures snuggly, the phone doesn't slide around. I love the feel so much i prefer to just hold the phone instead of putting it in my pocket :) I don't know how much better the SEIDIO case can do really. The oonly thing i'm bothered with is that some of the chrome still shows, but there's nothing anyone can do about that, otherwise it would interfere with the sliding mechanism. The whole front face is covered, so you don't see any chrome at all, so that's all that matters to me :)

Overall, if you're looking to get a full body case, go with the one I linked above, I have it and I love it! I might just pick another up just in case this one fails, but I highly doubt it will anytime soon!

Atticus 01-19-2009 04:06 PM

Thats case looks pretty close to the Seidio ones, do you have any actual pics of your phone with the case?

twe90kid 01-19-2009 04:13 PM

i would like to see the back cover of the case. i like how seidio left a opening all the way open

Dr.8820 01-19-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 651675)
I would like to order a case to cover up the stupid chrome on my touch pro because the chrome is flaking off.

i found that the seidio case to be best looking but i don't want to pay 40 bucks for that case. anyone buy a case from ebay which looks a lot like the seidio case?

i know that theres a thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41805, but that thread is loaded with information and it's hard to search for reviews.

i use the oem case from the sprint store.it's only $20 and fits the phone like a glove.

tracerit 01-19-2009 04:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures :)

tracerit 01-19-2009 04:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more pictures

tracerit 01-19-2009 04:27 PM

another word of advice, it hugs the phone snuggly with two snaps near each corner. i'm afraid if i want to take the phone out of the case the snaps will break off, so once you have it on. i'm getting an 8gb microsdhc card coming in, i'm quite afraid of taking the case off :P

dole 01-19-2009 08:36 PM

In for 1. Hoping that this isn't one that spreads the slider apart, but for 7 bucks... meh, might as well.

twe90kid 01-20-2009 12:40 AM

i think it would creat some kind of gap between the screen and the keyboard

enter260 01-20-2009 02:24 AM

i have the same case as tracerit. i tried taking it off my phone and i was so scared it was going to scratch it. it really hugs it tight. overall though, i very much prefer it over the silicone case that the same seller sells.

twe90kid 01-20-2009 03:13 AM

my friend refered me to get this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270332408658

he said that the screen protector is actually pretty good

FRONT 01-20-2009 12:34 PM

seidio case is the best ever. You are paying for quality + a warranty so you cant beat that.

stevedusa 01-20-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dole (Post 652370)
In for 1. Hoping that this isn't one that spreads the slider apart, but for 7 bucks... meh, might as well.

I hate to break it to you but it does, look at the 2nd picture carefully, it does split it apart somewhat and create that "gap".

That was the first reason why I am not using it anymore and instead using a soft silicone style.

mrfett79 01-20-2009 12:53 PM

I have ordered this one directly from PDaire http://cgi.ebay.com/PDair-Black-Alum...3286.m20.l1116
I had one like this for my original touch and loved it. I gives you great protection and the clear cover for the touch screen saves you from damaging it. I cannot talk directly about this particular case as it is being sent but if it is like the one I had before it is a great case.

PolloLoco 01-20-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRONT (Post 653663)
seidio case is the best ever. You are paying for quality + a warranty so you cant beat that.

I have to admit I was tempted to buy the Seidio case - but my previous experience with their Seidio 6700 crystal case has kept me from doing so.

I bought that case, and one tab broke 7 months into ownership - and of course the warranty is only 6 months. A second tab broke shortly thereafter, and I stopped using that case altogether.

My old roommate and I have had problems with Seidio products and customer support - so I'm not likely to go back to them unless they offer something truly unique. As it is, I opted to buy a $7 blue case off EBAY and am quite happy with it. It does have the drawback of being white between pieces - but I used a black permanent marker to correct that deficiency.

tracerit 01-20-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 653159)
my friend refered me to get this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270332408658

he said that the screen protector is actually pretty good

i would advise you against getting that one. that's the lower quality case where they take a white plastic case, paint it black, then spray the rubberized material over it. that case will flake easily.

dole 01-20-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 653674)
I hate to break it to you but it does, look at the 2nd picture carefully, it does split it apart somewhat and create that "gap".

That was the first reason why I am not using it anymore and instead using a soft silicone style.

WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?!?

Just kidding. I'm going to give it a try for a few days and if it looks bad or like it'll do permanent damage, I'll probably go back to the old stock HTC case, if I use one at all. The gap has been the big thing stopping me from getting a case but the chrome's starting to flake off mine also, the HTC case isn't too useful and I'm still always squeamish thinking about the next time I end up dropping it. I'll only be out 7 bucks and might be able to sell it for 5 or something if I don't end up liking it.

stevedusa 01-20-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dole (Post 653927)
WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?!?

Just kidding. I'm going to give it a try for a few days and if it looks bad or like it'll do permanent damage, I'll probably go back to the old stock HTC case, if I use one at all. The gap has been the big thing stopping me from getting a case but the chrome's starting to flake off mine also, the HTC case isn't too useful and I'm still always squeamish thinking about the next time I end up dropping it. I'll only be out 7 bucks and might be able to sell it for 5 or something if I don't end up liking it.

I was umm...

LOL Actually, the first case I got was the official Sprint one. It created a HUGE gap and I the sliding was very rough. I took it off a week later and the gap remains there for a while. So I got one of these cases like the OP mentioned, the gap isn't that bad compare to the official case but still it's rough sliding and the gaps just bother me. I am afraid one of these days it'll become two parts!

Oh yeah it's hard to put these cases on alright, let along taking them off... have to use forces especially the clips on the edge... I am afraid I might end up breaking the phone in parts!

Finally the soft gel silicone style arrived and I bought it right away... now the gap is gone, it slides with no resistance, very firm grip and feels great in my hands.

Again, YMMV. Everybody has their own preferences.

twe90kid 01-20-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 653961)
I was umm...

LOL Actually, the first case I got was the official Sprint one. It created a HUGE gap and I the sliding was very rough. I took it off a week later and the gap remains there for a while. So I got one of these cases like the OP mentioned, the gap isn't that bad compare to the official case but still it's rough sliding and the gaps just bother me. I am afraid one of these days it'll become two parts!

Oh yeah it's hard to put these cases on alright, let along taking them off... have to use forces especially the clips on the edge... I am afraid I might end up breaking the phone in parts!

Finally the soft gel silicone style arrived and I bought it right away... now the gap is gone, it slides with no resistance, very firm grip and feels great in my hands.

Again, YMMV. Everybody has their own preferences.

can you post some pictures?

stevedusa 01-20-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 654196)
can you post some pictures?

Of?...

chuque 01-20-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfett79 (Post 653705)
I have ordered this one directly from PDaire http://cgi.ebay.com/PDair-Black-Alum...3286.m20.l1116
I had one like this for my original touch and loved it. I gives you great protection and the clear cover for the touch screen saves you from damaging it. I cannot talk directly about this particular case as it is being sent but if it is like the one I had before it is a great case.

I have been waiting for this case to come out, I mistakenly ordered one for the fuse, dam you 3cm difference!!

I swore by my aluminum case for my 6700.

twe90kid 01-20-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 654211)
Of?...

the silicon case your talking about

bnisel 01-20-2009 06:41 PM

Any heating issues?

stevedusa 01-20-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 654487)
the silicon case your talking about

I have a post for that :)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50467