PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ORB TV Guide Layout is messed up in IE (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53783)

ramiss 01-18-2009 10:41 PM

ORB TV Guide Layout is messed up in IE

I use Orb with IE and the TV Program Guide is not formatted properly. It has never been and I am finally getting very annoyed with it.

Has anyone got a fix?

Thx

Richard

[sammich] 01-18-2009 11:17 PM

Re: ORB TV Guide Layout is messed up in IE

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiss (Post 650104)
I use Orb with IE and the TV Program Guide is not formatted properly. It has never been and I am finally getting very annoyed with it.

Has anyone got a fix?

Thx

Richard

Have you tried the different layout settings for PIE? Menu>View

zanda61 01-18-2009 11:33 PM

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but for as long as I can recall, my program guide in ORB will only display the guide for channels 10 through 38, with channels 2 and 3 thrown in right before 20 and 30. I have searched a lot and tried every setting I could find, but I can't seem to make it display the entire directory of channels (2 through 58). The previous poster was correct in that you can get a much better display of the guide by changing your view setting to "desktop". If anyone else can offer a fix for my issue, I'll be forever grateful.

gmfeny 01-18-2009 11:36 PM

My channel listings only make it up to 40 and any channel over that i have to type in manually to watch

mnxd9 01-19-2009 01:35 AM

You can change options to display favorite channels, then assign you channels a rating, after I open the home page I click on the "tv / webcam" and that takes me to the channel guide, and I get the guide for all my favorite channels all on one page.

I haven't tried but I wonder if you rated channels differently if you could get them to display better, haven't tried it, yet....

ramiss 01-19-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 650202)
Have you tried the different layout settings for PIE? Menu>View

Thanks. That was it. Something so simple I never saw it!

[sammich] 01-19-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiss (Post 650748)
Thanks. That was it. Something so simple I never saw it!

No worries! Just remember that option because it makes other websites much more viewable... One Column should normally be the best, though.

dr g 01-19-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnxd9 (Post 650551)
You can change options to display favorite channels, then assign you channels a rating, after I open the home page I click on the "tv / webcam" and that takes me to the channel guide, and I get the guide for all my favorite channels all on one page.

I haven't tried but I wonder if you rated channels differently if you could get them to display better, haven't tried it, yet....

This is a actually a good fix, since there are undoubtedly many channels you would not normally watch via orb.

I have only about 5 (mostly sports) channels I use via orb, so the favorites list makes it load much quicker.