PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Transfer contacts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53748)

lcbster 01-18-2009 05:39 PM

Transfer contacts

Is it possible to move contacts from a centro to a pro because i just bought my mom a new pro and really dont wanna manually do it 1 by 1

dan-htc-touch 01-18-2009 05:44 PM

Re: Transfer contacts

if you can get from centro to outlook somehow, it will be possible, see if the centro can export to csv or something

lcbster 01-18-2009 05:46 PM

Well thats not goin to work because it doent have service but i may need to reactivate it to try

TProUserOnSprint 01-18-2009 05:59 PM

If you go into your local corporate store they have a Cellebrite machine that will use IR to transfer contacts to the machine from the Centro and then use bluetooth to transfer from the machine to the TP. They should not charge for this service.

HBOOT 01-18-2009 06:00 PM

Dude, U dont need service to transfer data from phone to pc/laptop. All you need is teh USB cable. I am not familiar with Centro and I am not sur eif you can install a back up program in it. If it is then you good, all you need is to install a program like pimback up, run,export your contacts, and transfer.
This may be too much headache for ya, if so head to Sprint with both phones and they will do it for ya.
That is nice that you got your mom a Pro, are you or is she ok using it?

HBOOT 01-18-2009 06:02 PM

Tpro, u sure they use Bluetooth? Damn didnt know that Sprint store could use BT...LOL,

lcbster 01-18-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 649518)
Dude, U dont need service to transfer data from phone to pc/laptop. All you need is teh USB cable. I am not familiar with Centro and I am not sur eif you can install a back up program in it. If it is then you good, all you need is to install a program like pimback up, run,export your contacts, and transfer.
This may be too much headache for ya, if so head to Sprint with both phones and they will do it for ya.
That is nice that you got your mom a Pro, are you or is she ok using it?

Thanks alot im just goin to take it into a store but shes a noob i have to show her how to do everything but hey thats were everyone starts

EDIT:I take that back im goin to just bluetooth them

HBOOT 01-18-2009 06:34 PM

Dude, Make sure you both read th manual! and the TP essentials uptop of the forum

lcbster 01-18-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 649563)
Dude, Make sure you both read th manual! and the TP essentials uptop of the forum

Hahaha im not like her ive had many ppcs and im staff at spj but dident get responce there yet so i came here lol

HBOOT 01-18-2009 07:21 PM

Whatcha sayind due, SBJ staff, cool beans man I am a member there as well but we top SBJ here dont you think!! plus we dont need service for transfer we all work mechanically, we generate out own power too.

Yo, Coz , mind firing that generator man, been pedaling all day here and am gettin chilly :mrgreen: