PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Some problems/concerns with TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53584)

ifreewillie 01-17-2009 04:39 AM

Some problems/concerns with TP

Spent a lot of time reading through the the threads in this forum and can't find an answer for:

-What is this animation on TF3D people are talking about? Also read it somewhere that it's removed on the newer version of TP.

-Is it possible to add more to the list on the homepage of TF3D, other than call history and calendar? (i.e. task, live search, etc)

-While under photos and videos in Manila, and flicking through pictures, my TF3D reboots itself. Is this a common problem and is there a fix? The pictures are from the microsd if that matters.

-Is there a method out there that can remove default programs (i.e. pocketexpress, sprint nav, sprint store) WITHOUT going through hard reset and soft reset process?

Thanks in advance.

gator352 01-17-2009 08:18 AM

Re: Some problems/concerns with TP

Answers....

#1...referring to the sprint logo animation you see when rebooting or turning on your phone.

#2...nope...

#3...It's been said that adding pictures from another digital cam to the TP can cause this issue. Not sure if it's common, but mine doesn't do it.

#4...yes and no. You can have them removed but it's a process. Read this forum on how to do it.....http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583.....credit: Goodthings2life

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifreewillie (Post 646636)
Spent a lot of time reading through the the threads in this forum and can't find an answer for:

-What is this animation on TF3D people are talking about? Also read it somewhere that it's removed on the newer version of TP.

-Is it possible to add more to the list on the homepage of TF3D, other than call history and calendar? (i.e. task, live search, etc)

-While under photos and videos in Manila, and flicking through pictures, my TF3D reboots itself. Is this a common problem and is there a fix? The pictures are from the microsd if that matters.

-Is there a method out there that can remove default programs (i.e. pocketexpress, sprint nav, sprint store) WITHOUT going through hard reset and soft reset process?

Thanks in advance.

1. The animated version that you are reffering to is from the GSM(?) version of the original ROMs. ITs cool. I have a cab somewhere and I will post it. IT adds theis slick animation when you go from one tab to another.

2. Possibly, what are you lookin to do?

3. Bad pic somewhere? Does it do it on the same pic all the time?

4. Yes, there is a sticky about this... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646746)
Answers....

#1...referring to the sprint logo animation you see when rebooting or turning on your phone.

#2...nope...

#3...It's been said that adding pictures from another digital cam to the TP can cause this issue. Not sure if it's common, but mine doesn't do it.

#4...yes and no. You can have them removed but it's a process. Read this forum on how to do it.....http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583.....credit: Goodthings2life

4. Oh you gave him the link.

3. you may be correct about the pic issues. I think so. I know i have that problem with an HP DigiCam. My pics from teh 5 meg cam just wont display on the 6 meg cam. Its really wierd. Thoey all showup fne through windows and the HP software. His issue could be like that?

2. No so true... It may be capable.... I read it had been done a couple times.

1. Uhhhh.... He is talking about the GSM manila, not the Boot time animation.

gator352 01-17-2009 08:29 AM

[quote=scrosler;646747]1. The animated version that you are reffering to is from the GSM(?) version of the original ROMs. ITs cool. I have a cab somewhere and I will post it. IT adds theis slick animation when you go from one tab to another.

2. Possibly, what are you lookin to do?

3. Bad pic somewhere? Does it do it on the same pic all the time?

4. Yes, there is a sticky about this... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583[/quote]

I don't think they have found a way to add more items to the homescreen....I.E. call history/calendar, etc. in TF3D. I think they have (with reg edits) been able to add more appointments but not sure.

gator352 01-17-2009 08:32 AM

About the animation, you might be right....I never knew there was GSM manilla animation. So I thought he was referring to changing the startup animation.

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646753)

I don't think they have found a way to add more items to the homescreen....I.E. call history/calendar, etc. in TF3D. I think they have (with reg edits) been able to add more appointments but not sure.

Ahhhhhh, Ok. Maybe thats what I was thinking of!

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646755)
About the animation, you might be right....I never knew there was GSM manilla animation. So I thought he was referring to changing the startup animation.

I will grab it off my SD card once this last flash completes.

Its cool as hell. Some people say its not as compatible with the tweaks and themes but I perosnally can apply any tweak or theme I can find. Never had an issue.

EDIT: Here ya go... Its pretty cool. Be warned in advance... Becasue this removes and edits core manila files (EXE and DLL's) I am unsure of how well it can be removed.

I use this on my personal ROM and have an OEM for it if you like it. Let me know and I will attach that as well.

gator352 01-17-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 646759)

Its cool as hell. Some people say its not as compatible with the tweaks and themes but I perosnally can apply any tweak or theme I can find. Never had an issue.

BRB

Cool man thx! I will try it out! I have some tweaks (batt and cache tweaks) installed but not any themes so maybe I won't have an issue. Does this animation hinder performance at all?

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646760)
Cool man thx! I will try it out! I have some tweaks (batt and cache tweaks) installed but not any themes so maybe I won't have an issue. Does this animation hinder performance at all?

Perfoamnce: Yes and no. I think because it does the flippy screen animation when you hit the tab butons it may swap screens a little slow but that is a given because aniumation takes time.

On the same note... and this prolly wont bother you.... The slider from side to side cant quite go as fast as the newer version. I mean you have to go FAST to make it lag. BUt under NORMAL use, I think overal its quikcer and uses less memory. Not 100% on the mem but its a gut feel based on free mem before and after cab install.

I attached the CAB to my previous post.

Let me know what you think

On MY Rom the response was about this....

25 percetn of the peopl fell in love and request it all the time....
50 percetn of the pople didint care anyway
25 percetn hated it

gator352 01-17-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 646764)
Perfoamnce: Yes and no. I think because it does the flippy screen animation when you hit the tab butons it may swap screens a little slow but that is a given because aniumation takes time.

On the same note... and this prolly wont bother you.... The slider from side to side cant quite go as fast as the newer version. I mean you have to go FAST to make it lag. BUt under NORMAL use, I think overal its quikcer and uses less memory. Not 100% on the mem but its a gut feel based on free mem before and after cab install.

I attached the CAB to my previous post.

On MY Rom the response was about this....

25 percetn of the peopl fell in love and request it all the time....
50 percetn of the pople didint care anyway
25 percetn hated it

I will def. let you know! I'm gonna install it as soon as I take out the dog and it's freezing outside. The mutt better do it's thing quick or I'm gonna sell her on ebay!! LOL....

scrosler 01-17-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646766)
I will def. let you know! I'm gonna install it as soon as I take out the dog and it's freezing outside. The mutt better do it's thing quick or I'm gonna sell her on ebay!! LOL....

Dont tell me about cold! hahahahaha

I live in Fargo ND. We hit -30 two nights ago. With the windchill factored in it was -50! I have NEVER seen wether that cold before. Dude, it wasnt cold, it was like just pure PAIN.

In Grand Forks ND that same night it hit -50 BEFORE the windchill factored in.

But yeah, I dont mean to hijack the post or anything... Hahahahah...

Hey OP are reading any of this? Let me know what other quesitons you have.

We are all here to help!

gator352 01-17-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 646770)
Dont tell me about cold! hahahahaha

I live in Fargo ND. We hit -30 two nights ago. With the windchill factored in it was -50! I have NEVER seen wether that cold before. Dude, it wasnt cold, it was like just pure PAIN.

In Grand Forks ND that same night it hit -50 BEFORE the windchill factored in.

But yeah, I dont mean to hijack the post or anything... Hahahahah...

Hey OP are reading any of this? Let me know what other quesitons you have.

We are all here to help!

LOL man I feel for ya! I'm in Florida and it's 33 degrees right now here. This is COLD for us! We are used to subtropic weather! Our high today is like 59 degrees and that's freakin cold!!!!

I'm installing that file....it's takin forever!

scrosler 01-17-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646780)
LOL man I feel for ya! I'm in Florida and it's 33 degrees right now here. This is COLD for us! We are used to subtropic weather! Our high today is like 59 degrees and that's freakin cold!!!!

I'm installing that file....it's takin forever!

Yeah, it will take a while. Make sure you shut Manila first via the today screen settings. That will help it alot. It has ot overwrite 500+ files, a couple dlls, a coule exes. Then it has an additionall 400+ files for the extra animations.

It takes a long while but will finsih and be fine.

Wonder what the hell is with the cold? Global climate change? Oh well. More worried about Peanut butter right now. Throwing it all out as we speak. WAY TOO MANY recalls.

gator352 01-17-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 646786)
Yeah, it will take a while. Make sure you shut Manila first via the today screen settings. That will help it alot. It has ot overwrite 500+ files, a couple dlls, a coule exes. Then it has an additionall 400+ files for the extra animations.

It takes a long while but will finsih and be fine.

Wonder what the hell is with the cold? Global climate change? Oh well. More worried about Peanut butter right now. Throwing it all out as we speak. WAY TOO MANY recalls.

GLOBAL WARMING!!!! lol....yeah right! No such thing.....We use Peter pan so not worried about it too much. I see it this way....if I get sick, I get a day off from work!! WOOHOO....

Ok, it said unsuccesfull due to something permissions....I'm gonna try again....

gator352 01-17-2009 10:12 AM

OK it installed! I have mixed feelings! I love the interface and how everything swipes in but it takes a sec for it to show. But I think I'm gonna use it!

hibby50 01-17-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 646759)

EDIT: Here ya go... Its pretty cool. Be warned in advance... Becasue this removes and edits core manila files (EXE and DLL's) I am unsure of how well it can be removed.

I use this on my personal ROM and have an OEM for it if you like it. Let me know and I will attach that as well.

have that cab too... im pretty sure it is the same

scrosler 01-17-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646806)
OK it installed! I have mixed feelings! I love the interface and how everything swipes in but it takes a sec for it to show. But I think I'm gonna use it!

TOLD YOU!

The previous permission error was due to a file being in use. Maybe TF3D was not shut off? that woudl also explain the long install time.

But my work here is done!

I would considered all questions pretty much answered.

Take it easy and stay warm!

Peace!

Hit the thanks button if you like that CAB and the knowledge I put out ;c)

scrosler 01-17-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 646811)
have that cab too... im pretty sure it is the same

I got it from XDA post. Some dude named Lone Ranger maybe?

-Scott

hibby50 01-17-2009 10:24 AM

yea i have had that on my pros memory card (just in case) since i got my pro on the 24th. I didnt know it did animations though so it is installing now

gator352 01-17-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 646816)
yea i have had that on my pros memory card (just in case) since i got my pro on the 24th. I didnt know it did animations though so it is installing now

I forgot to turn off TF3D the first time! But the second time installed flawlessly!

Hibby, it's cool! Be warned though, you will lose alot of your custom settings but you can reinstall them with no problems. I actually like it....it's different.

hibby50 01-17-2009 10:38 AM

yea i had gsm not animated... a lot of stuff actually stuck, i just gotta make 3 changes...

gator352 01-17-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 646831)
yea i had gsm not animated... a lot of stuff actually stuck, i just gotta make 3 changes...

It erased all the programs in my programs tab and made my blue focus green and lost my city in the weather tab...thats all....nothing major.

hibby50 01-17-2009 10:49 AM

biggest thing pissing me off is the clock flipping everytime i go back home... otherwise A+

gxip 01-17-2009 10:53 AM

Wow, I left FL last week and the coldest it ever got was around 40... Is there a video somewhere that shows the animation tabs at work?
Gator do you use Orlando as a city? Cuz I know that's the closest one to Leesburg on the stock weather... Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, sorry if I am, just thought I'd ask.

gator352 01-17-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gxip (Post 646845)
Wow, I left FL last week and the coldest it ever got was around 40... Is there a video somewhere that shows the animation tabs at work?
Gator do you use Orlando as a city? Cuz I know that's the closest one to Leesburg on the stock weather... Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, sorry if I am, just thought I'd ask.

Nope, I use Leesburg....I use the weather database editor and add in my city. Do you have it? i can post it if you want it!

gator352 01-17-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 646842)
biggest thing pissing me off is the clock flipping everytime i go back home... otherwise A+

I never noticed that! I don't know if it even did that before I installed that prog. But yeah, I can see where it can get annoying...

gxip 01-17-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646848)
Nope, I use Leesburg....I use the weather database editor and add in my city. Do you have it? i can post it if you want it!

OMG! I never thought... I guess I should've read more about adding cities @ the xda site. It would had been wonderful having it back when I was in Eustis, Tavares, Leesburg and Grand Island. LOL. But yeah if you can post it I would appreciate that.

gator352 01-17-2009 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gxip (Post 646856)
OMG! I never thought... I guess I should've read more about adding cities @ the xda site. It would had been wonderful having it back when I was in Eustis, Tavares, Leesburg and Grand Island. LOL. But yeah if you can post it I would appreciate that.

Man, I grew up here, I have lived here all my life except for the 8 years in the Army. My brother lives in Grand Island on Ashley court...ya know...the only blue house that looks like junk in the middle of a bunch of nice homes....lol. What were you here for?

Here's the cab....after installing it, run it and bottom right select add city....in where it says add code....just put in your zip code! Then goto your weather tab, find the city you entered and voila!

gxip 01-17-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646872)
Man, I grew up here, I have lived here all my life except for the 8 years in the Army. My brother lives in Grand Island on Ashley court...ya know...the only blue house that looks like junk in the middle of a bunch of nice homes....lol. What were you here for?

Here's the cab....after installing it, run it and bottom right select add city....in where it says add code....just put in your zip code!

My gf's from over there, I go on christmas, summer, any chance she gets she'll beg me to go. She's from GI, but her family is all over, leesburg, mt. dora, tavares...
Lol...I've been visiting for almost 2 1/2 years already, but I've lived here in PR all my live though. I might move to gainesville in january (hopefully). Anyway thanks for the files man. Any idea if it's possible to get more than 10 cities somehow?

WarChild 01-17-2009 12:10 PM

alot of info here!

ifreewillie 01-17-2009 07:42 PM

Haha, yeah, I just read through the thread, and thanks for the manila file. Since it takes a sec for the tab to load, I'll probably not install it. But I am curious to how it looks like, and I've been looking at youtube videos on the original TF3D demonstrations and can't seem to find a significant difference with the TP I just got yesterday.

I managed to remove the Sprint TV tabs and Sprint music banner and rename "Sprint Music" to "Music" by editing the manila files, but still hoping for a way to remove the useless programs I don't need (i.e. sprint nav, pocket express, Astraware solitaire etc). But seems like it's not possible as of now, probably due to lack of an uninstallion file.

Also seems there's no way to add addition items in the Home page of TF3D either? I mean, we can add and remove tabs with people making custom UI for the tabs (tab calendar for example: SEE HERE ), but we can't add more to a certain tab? Seems kind of odd to me.

Regarding the TF3D freezes when flicking through pictures, it seems to be a common problem with the TP using microsd from previous Mogul with camera shots. Someone mentioned it is due to the folders on TP and microsd are both under "My Pictures", and the picture files from the microsd needs to be moved to the DCIM\media100 folder for it to work. I have yet to try it so can't confirm it.

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 646816)

You may like it!

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 646842)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 646829)
I forgot to turn off TF3D the first time! But the second time installed flawlessly!

Hibby, it's cool! Be warned though, you will lose alot of your custom settings but you can reinstall them with no problems. I actually like it....it's different.

Cool, glad I could help....

If you found any of my info usefull or enjoyed easy acces to the cab then please consider hitting the thanks button for me ;c)

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifreewillie (Post 647737)
Haha, yeah, I just read through the thread, and thanks for the manila file. Since it takes a sec for the tab to load, I'll probably not install it. But I am curious to how it looks like, and I've been looking at youtube videos on the original TF3D demonstrations and can't seem to find a significant difference with the TP I just got yesterday.

I managed to remove the Sprint TV tabs and Sprint music banner and rename "Sprint Music" to "Music" by editing the manila files, but still hoping for a way to remove the useless programs I don't need (i.e. sprint nav, pocket express, Astraware solitaire etc). But seems like it's not possible as of now, probably due to lack of an uninstallion file.

Also seems there's no way to add addition items in the Home page of TF3D either? I mean, we can add and remove tabs with people making custom UI for the tabs (tab calendar for example: SEE HERE ), but we can't add more to a certain tab? Seems kind of odd to me.

Regarding the TF3D freezes when flicking through pictures, it seems to be a common problem with the TP using microsd from previous Mogul with camera shots. Someone mentioned it is due to the folders on TP and microsd are both under "My Pictures", and the picture files from the microsd needs to be moved to the DCIM\media100 folder for it to work. I have yet to try it so can't confirm it.

Ahhh, yes, makes sense and I will now go troubleshoot my camera with this in mind!

If my cab or info helped you please consider hitting the thanks button ;c)

scrosler 01-17-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 646914)
alot of info here!

Roger that airborne team leader!

NSDQ!