PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint tv issues (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53448)

manyakis 01-16-2009 05:11 AM

Sprint tv issues

I purchased an HTC Touch Pro phone couple days ago and i tried to access sprint tv today but it prompt me that a new version of the program's available. I downloaded and selected "open" instead of "save." During install, it stated there was an older version of TV Sprint installed and asked permission to uninstall it. I permitted it. Then it stated the uninstall was unsuccessful and asked if I should continue installing. I said yes. It then stated it was unsuccessful installing.

Now whenever I attempt to launch TV Sprint I receive the following error: "THe file 'Sprint TV' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

If I try to update, it states "There was a connection error while attempting to update TV channels. Retry?" If I retry, the same error appears.

So what do I do?

rjmjr69 01-16-2009 06:01 AM

Re: Sprint tv issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by manyakis (Post 644202)
I purchased an HTC Touch Pro phone couple days ago and i tried to access sprint tv today but it prompt me that a new version of the program's available. I downloaded and selected "open" instead of "save." During install, it stated there was an older version of TV Sprint installed and asked permission to uninstall it. I permitted it. Then it stated the uninstall was unsuccessful and asked if I should continue installing. I said yes. It then stated it was unsuccessful installing.

Now whenever I attempt to launch TV Sprint I receive the following error: "THe file 'Sprint TV' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

If I try to update, it states "There was a connection error while attempting to update TV channels. Retry?" If I retry, the same error appears.

So what do I do?

Softreset the phone then see if it works.. Put the stylus in the little hole down by the charger

manyakis 01-16-2009 06:07 AM

didnt work

captblaze 01-16-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manyakis (Post 644239)
didnt work

try installing this - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HS0MTL6...om/?d=HS0MTL6L

CozBoogie 01-16-2009 01:49 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

manyakis 01-17-2009 12:56 AM

link aint available? i went ahead and did a hard reset but now kinda hesistant to open program...any advise or "know hows" so issue dont repeat itself? i appreciate any help i can get.....i have the add-on premium and dont want that to go to waste =)

dr g 01-17-2009 01:21 AM

Save the cab locally and re-install...

ramiss 01-17-2009 03:19 AM

That happens if SprintTV didn't install properly for some reason. As dr g said just run the cab again.

WarChild 01-17-2009 03:34 AM

sprint just did an auto update on mine yesterday. said the was a newer version available.

ErinatSprint 01-19-2009 09:28 PM

Hi Manyakis, I’m Erin, a Sprint-Nextel techsupport rep.
Assuming that the rest of your internet is working,
And that you are opted in (for a business account)
Or have enabled access (for an individual account)
To premium content (meaning you can download
Ringtones, games, etc.)
And that you are not roaming:
Delete the Sprint TV
(start / settings / system tab / remove programs)
Reinstall the Sprint TV
http://sprint.vend.mobitv.com/downlo...11_19_2008.cab
When you download the cab file,
Make sure it is saved to the device and not to the memory card.
If the problem persists, please call Techsupport at (877)414-4955
And we will continue troubleshooting. Thanks for choosing Sprint-Nextel!

Dr.8820 01-19-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinatSprint (Post 652490)
Hi Manyakis, I’m Erin, a Sprint-Nextel techsupport rep.
Assuming that the rest of your internet is working,
And that you are opted in (for a business account)
Or have enabled access (for an individual account)
To premium content (meaning you can download
Ringtones, games, etc.)
And that you are not roaming:
Delete the Sprint TV
(start / settings / system tab / remove programs)
Reinstall the Sprint TV
http://sprint.vend.mobitv.com/downlo...11_19_2008.cab
When you download the cab file,
Make sure it is saved to the device and not to the memory card.
If the problem persists, please call Techsupport at (877)414-4955
And we will continue troubleshooting. Thanks for choosing Sprint-Nextel!

we need to keep you around.now ppcgeeks has a sprint tech to help us!

Wingzfan 01-19-2009 10:04 PM

Ive got the same issue but you cant uninstall sprint tv by going to remove programs. Any other advice?

loren646 01-19-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzfan (Post 652588)
Ive got the same issue but you cant uninstall sprint tv by going to remove programs. Any other advice?

Don't worry about it.

Just keep selecting launch. It will work. Launch. update. It'll give you some bull**** errors 1-2 times (proceed as normal). then restart the thing (hold power button) and launch again.

speck 01-19-2009 10:26 PM

I had the same exact problem, with the exact same sequence of events. After I got the 'file error' message I figured it must have successfully uninstalled the old version and got an error on the install of the new one. So I re-installed the updated VGA cab - it didn't try to uninstall that time (since there wasn't anything left to uninstall).

It still ended with the message that it was unsuccessful, but it 'kind of' works now. I can connect, and I've been able to watch a few things, and once managed to get the radio. But I can no longer scroll on the channels 'wheel', and the colors on the 'wheel' are a little 'off'.

The 'Update Now' - left soft key - is supposed to update the 'channels' available - but I ALWAYS get an error connecting.

I'm not happy with this - but I haven't had time to deal with tech support.

Brewsbro 01-20-2009 07:23 PM

Another here with this problem. It's on my wife's phone and she also did not save any cab. Going to try the cab from below link when she gets home.

post #421 in the thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=632969

tx_jaycee 01-20-2009 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a cab of the latest version. I did a quick search and couldn't find the link of where the original is. I have this working on my phone using juggalo's rom.

Enjoy

loren646 01-20-2009 07:57 PM

you can download the cab if you want but it isn't necessary. i've done this on several phones. all had the same problem.

Brewsbro 01-20-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren646 (Post 654639)
you can download the cab if you want but it isn't necessary. i've done this on several phones. all had the same problem.

Very cool. May I ask for a little more details on what you have been doing? Talking to my wife over the phone (regular phone) she tried launching 3 times in a row. nothing. We didn't mess with the power or anything.

thanks!