PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Cracked Screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52904)

Lilhgarcia 01-12-2009 05:53 PM

Cracked Screen

Today at school someone kicked me by playing around but it hit my phone and now the screen is cracked

So my question is will sprint cover it and how long would it take for me to get it in the mail because touch pro are all sold out

Edit Also Can Someone give me the link so i can use my comp. as the screen for my touch i know there a program out there i just forgot

gearjunkeez 01-12-2009 06:01 PM

Re: Cracked Screen

If you have the $7 TEP insurance, it ill repair or replace the phone.
The program yo want can be found at http://mymobiler.com

HBOOT 01-12-2009 06:22 PM

Sorry bout your incident dude, try your Sprint repair store you may be in luck .

kyle4269 01-12-2009 06:31 PM

Im sure if u paid for the protection they will cover it.

MadlyAlive 01-12-2009 06:40 PM

Pics? I hate being a voyeur...

shaun0207 01-12-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 (Post 635356)
Today at school someone kicked me by playing around but it hit my phone and now the screen is cracked

So my question is will sprint cover it and how long would it take for me to get it in the mail because touch pro are all sold out

Edit Also Can Someone give me the link so i can use my comp. as the screen for my touch i know there a program out there i just forgot

I know he was playing, but I would have kicked his @$$. I dont play that stuff bout my tech. Good luck though

sp0nge 01-12-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 (Post 635356)

If you have TEP, don't even bother taking it to the store. A cracked screen is considered physical damage. Either call or make your claim online.

http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint

PDAPhoneJunkie 01-12-2009 08:26 PM

Why don't you make him pay? Cracking someone's phone screen is not 'playing' to me...

DJx79x 01-12-2009 08:52 PM

if that were me i would put my foot knee deep in his @$$

Baffles 01-12-2009 09:03 PM

I almost had a similar incident, I said something to piss off a friend so they decided to kick me in the pocket my phone was in. They missed the phone by like a half an inch, and I told them it was a good thing my phone was fine or else they'd be paying hell for it.

Lilhgarcia 01-12-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 635514)
I know he was playing, but I would have kicked his @$$. I dont play that stuff bout my tech. Good luck though

Trust Me When it comes to my phone and sneaks i dont play around but it wasn't a boy if not i would have beat then and there and i didnt want to be the a$$ about it i decided to let it go Since i have insurance and it would only cost around 50-100 and she didnt know it was in my pocket

But yeah i do have insurance and i would take picture but my phone is my camera but it cracked and the screen is blank but i can still touch it and it response

I'm just trying to work my way through so i can add that program and back up my text messages

Baffles 01-12-2009 09:40 PM

So a chick playfully kicked you? And it broke the screen? Do you walk around with the screen facing in or out?

Lilhgarcia 01-12-2009 10:29 PM

yeah i dont want to go through the whole story but it was an accident we were playing around and to be honest idont know if my screen was faced up or not i think it was since it was cracked but i take my phone out numerous amounts of time during school to remember to face it down

But i found out i do have insurance so im going to see if i can get a new one soon

esqueue 01-12-2009 11:40 PM

Wow, maybe you shouldn't hang around Chun-Li anymore. That was one hell of a playful kick.

HBOOT 01-13-2009 12:10 AM

Hey she cracked your screen , now you got somehing to crack...meant cracked...lol:mrgreen:

Lilhgarcia 01-13-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 636186)
Wow, maybe you shouldn't hang around Chun-Li anymore. That was one hell of a playful kick.

haha no she's a pretty chill person but i was messing around with her @ 1st then she came back with a weak kick but it still hit my phone

Exil3d 01-13-2009 12:56 AM

I had a 6 yrs old boy run into my hand in my niece school playground. I had the phone in my hand and it got knocked out. Landed and scuffed the edges. I was under the 30 days. I returned it for a refund for my new pro. In which i already dropped on concrete.

vpj420 01-13-2009 01:02 AM

Sorry to hear about your phone. I accidently dropped mine in some salsa. I had the protection plan from Sprint. This happened around 12/28 and I just got my phone TODAY!!! So be prepared for about 1-2 week wait.

tonyh750 01-13-2009 01:18 AM

If youre within the first, I believe 3 months? You can do the 50$, no questions asked "my phone was dropped in a volcano" replacement. But dont quote me on the time frame.

As far as time to deliver, being back ordered I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to a month.

WarChild 01-13-2009 03:15 AM

crap happens. thank for the Mobiler!

Lilhgarcia 01-13-2009 11:58 AM

So What happens if your within the 1st 30 days because i just had it around December 23rd so i know i still have a couple more days

HBOOT 01-13-2009 12:15 PM

In your case your TP is broken, so nuttin really. But if your TP was healthy and you wanted to change it to another phone or cancel out your contract you could..dazz it

Lilhgarcia 01-13-2009 02:47 PM

alright thanks so since the TP is on back order i'll be stuck without a phone until i get it in the mail which would be a couple of weeks or would they send me a phone for the time?

blazinazn 01-13-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpj420 (Post 636342)
Sorry to hear about your phone. I accidently dropped mine in some salsa. I had the protection plan from Sprint. This happened around 12/28 and I just got my phone TODAY!!! So be prepared for about 1-2 week wait.

LOL, sorry, this made me laugh. I read some of the strangest stories on here but I could just see this one happening..

Watching football while eating some chips and salsa. You just got done dumping a whole bottle of salsa into a huge bowl, cause who doesn't love chips and salsa right? You are trying to text someone to talk some junk cause your team just scored and drop it in the huge bowl of salsa. Ultimate fail. :evil4:

HBOOT 01-13-2009 06:46 PM

OP; dont count on it they wont send u 1.grab one u may have and activate it;or go to the store;talk to mgr and score 1

Baffles 01-13-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyh750 (Post 636370)
If youre within the first, I believe 3 months? You can do the 50$, no questions asked "my phone was dropped in a volcano" replacement. But dont quote me on the time frame.

As far as time to deliver, being back ordered I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to a month.

Time doesn't matter on this, its wether you have insurance or not.

dogw/mogul 01-13-2009 07:20 PM

:violent2:For my advice.. Don't bring smartphones to school! Or keep them in your backpack and don't brandish them because other kids will be jealous ('cause they have crappy Razrs!HahaLOL) and will try to do something that seemes like an "accident" but they did it on purpose to damage your cool phone! I go to school too and have a Mogul so I try not to put it into peoples faces unlike the other kids who are spoiled rotten and are always brandishing their Iphones! It's pathetic and they think they're so cool:protest: but they really are just a bunch of immature losers!:mrgreen: They think that, but it really makes them look stupid.

Lilhgarcia 01-13-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogw/mogul (Post 637943)
:violent2:For my advice.. Don't bring smartphones to school! Or keep them in your backpack and don't brandish them because other kids will be jealous ('cause they have crappy Razrs!HahaLOL) and will try to do something that seemes like an "accident" but they did it on purpose to damage your cool phone! I go to school too and have a Mogul so I try not to put it into peoples faces unlike the other kids who are spoiled rotten and are always brandishing their Iphones! It's pathetic and they think they're so cool:protest: but they really are just a bunch of immature losers!:mrgreen: They think that, but it really makes them look stupid.

Not im my case .. but all jokes aside i run my school lol ...they wont do anything im known as the person with the hottest phone in school nothing ever happen to me...good to know people
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 637926)
Time doesn't matter on this, its wether you have insurance or not.

as i said before i do have insurance all i want to know is how long would it take to get one in the mail if i report it today

Lilhgarcia 01-13-2009 10:42 PM

I just called it and i should get the touch pro on the mail in 2 days or even tomorrow i guess the pro isnt backed order anymore