PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Defect, anyone else have this issue? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52459)

germie 01-09-2009 01:31 AM

Defect, anyone else have this issue?

I received a new in the box phone already for this issue. Anybody else experience it? This is phone #3 for me.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3358/...f8a7bf44_b.jpg

avgas 01-09-2009 01:32 AM

Re: Defect, anyone else have this issue?

yes..

kyle4269 01-09-2009 01:34 AM

A lot of Sprint TP users have been running into the same issue. Bring it back and get a new one.

Insoc 01-09-2009 01:37 AM

So sad... I wonder if anyone will figure out an easy fix for this someday... But yes, it seems to be common...

germie 01-09-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle4269 (Post 628530)
A lot of Sprint TP users have been running into the same issue. Bring it back and get a new one.

Already done:)

kyle4269 01-09-2009 01:40 AM

I know a Verizon TP user who had the same problem. Took it back and got a new one.

510jungleboy 01-09-2009 01:40 AM

I brought my first one in, and the second was even worst. Either i keep it or go with the diamond. lol.....

Mr_Alexander 01-09-2009 01:41 AM

Yes I have this same issue. I decided that it just wasn't enough to worry about as its not near as bad as your picture. Thank god though that the one I got for my girlfriend was perfectly flush.

germie 01-09-2009 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander (Post 628547)
Yes I have this same issue. I decided that it just wasn't enough to worry about as its not near as bad as your picture. Thank god though that the one I got for my girlfriend was perfectly flush.

The one I got as a replacement is starting AGAIN. The one in the picture was catching on my pocket every time I would take it out.

kyle4269 01-09-2009 01:46 AM

I was just going to say that if you keep letting it get worse. It going to catch in your pocket and then rip the whole thing off.

Mr_Alexander 01-09-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle4269 (Post 628556)
I was just going to say that if you keep letting it get worse. It going to catch in your pocket and then rip the whole thing off.

You guys are right of course.

I really don't want to ruin my phone. I use a case & haven't had it catch onto anything. I usually use hard plastic holsters that keep the face of the phone to the inside.
I would never counsel anyone to keep something defective. The decision I made was for me....that's why I was concerned enough to make sure that my girlfriend's was perfect.

Nagual 01-09-2009 09:57 PM

Mine is only VERY slightly raised. I don't think it's impacted performance so I don't worry about it. That one from the original poster's picture though definitely needs replacing.

rbrown13 01-09-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 630457)
Mine is only VERY slightly raised. I don't think it's impacted performance so I don't worry about it. That one from the original poster's picture though definitely needs replacing.

I am on my fifth TP and everyone before the one I have now had the raised home button to some degree but not quite as bad as the picture in the OP. I have heard some people say things like "well it's not that bad" or I can live with it" when it comes to some of the issues with the TP, I don't mean to offend anyone but for a phone with a $549 retail pricetag it should be perfect cosmetically. I know that some of the other issues with the TP are somewhat based on the faults of the OS. the guy I dealt with in the sprint store told me everytime I got a replacement that if I wasn't happy with my phone to just bring it back and exchange it, and I am way past 30 days.

This latest TP I have is as close to being perfect as it can be. This is a great phone with a great screen so don't settle for what are most deffently defects in build quality.

Nagual 01-09-2009 10:38 PM

If it affected functionality, I would certainly take it back, but it doesn't.

And I didn't pay anywhere near $500-$700 for it, so I'll go with the "devil I know."

1999TL 01-18-2009 09:06 AM

damn mine looks just like the OP's. I came to do a search on "raised button"

scrosler 01-18-2009 09:19 AM

I got the FIRST phone delivered on Tuesday at 9:00am the day after they released it. It was screwed up but not that bad.

Mine looked like it had been dropped as the top left of the screen was rescessed. I sent that back and got a vogue... Then sent that back and got my current pro....

The keypad is still screwed up. Not as bad as first and not nearly as bad as yours.... When I press the green phone button it feels like it is "crunching." It never hits right the first time. Have to press it like three times to get it to work.... I could hit the button on the most extreme left corner andit will still act like I hit the home button! Yeah, HTC forgot to quality check these things for sure. Too bad we cany buy custom cases like we can for PC's.

But in all reality, Im not concerend about the keypad as my USB port being loose and always disconnecting keeps me distracted from the POS keyboard.

hahahaha (im laughing but I dont mean it. Consider this an ironic laugh)

scrosler 01-18-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrown13 (Post 630501)
I am on my fifth TP and everyone before the one I have now had the raised home button to some degree but not quite as bad as the picture in the OP. I have heard some people say things like "well it's not that bad" or I can live with it" when it comes to some of the issues with the TP, I don't mean to offend anyone but for a phone with a $549 retail pricetag it should be perfect cosmetically. I know that some of the other issues with the TP are somewhat based on the faults of the OS. the guy I dealt with in the sprint store told me everytime I got a replacement that if I wasn't happy with my phone to just bring it back and exchange it, and I am way past 30 days.

This latest TP I have is as close to being perfect as it can be. This is a great phone with a great screen so don't settle for what are most deffently defects in build quality.

Very well stated. This is B/S what we are going through. Did HTC have a bet that they could beat RIM in a race to get the phones out before XMas? One stipulation for the race... It dosnt have to work right? I mean come on...

gator352 01-18-2009 09:24 AM

Super glue !! That will work! Naw....I'd be a ticked off puppy. Mine is a little raised but you can't notice unless you put your face to it....but raised that much, yeah I would return it till I got one that was perfect. For a 600 phone and the service you pay, I would think you have that right!

scrosler 01-18-2009 09:26 AM

AWESOME! Now that I read this post I looked at mine more closely... Yeah, its uneven. But NOTHING like the ops. Just a few MM's.

Thanks for ruining my day OP!!!! Just kidding.... heheheheh

cat2k8 01-18-2009 09:39 AM

believe it or not but I am now on my 25th replacement of the HTC Touch Pro and this issue has been an issue for 24 out of the 25 replacements. could not tell with the 25th one due to me taking it back 2 min after geting it.

WARNING TO ALL HTC TOUCH PRO USERS..
All of the HTC Touch Pro's will have this issue..

I think that This Issue of the OP and others is an known issue that HTC Knew about but refused to keep it off the market due to RIM BB Storm coming out.

deadwrong03 01-18-2009 10:34 AM

i thought i was the only one wit this issue. now my keyboard is beginnin to give me problems it stops working after a few seconds of typing i wonder if thats related to the home button issue. when my keyboard stops i have to turn my screen off and on to get it working again before it stops working a few seconds later. i will be using my warranty replacement for both issues

scrosler 01-18-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat2k8 (Post 648671)
believe it or not but I am now on my 25th replacement of the HTC Touch Pro and this issue has been an issue for 24 out of the 25 replacements. could not tell with the 25th one due to me taking it back 2 min after geting it.

WARNING TO ALL HTC TOUCH PRO USERS..
All of the HTC Touch Pro's will have this issue..

I think that This Issue of the OP and others is an known issue that HTC Knew about but refused to keep it off the market due to RIM BB Storm coming out.

Every three and a half days since launch you have replaced your phone huh? Thats not a typo? Sprint allows this? Wonder why they are sinking and loss BILLIONS last year.

EDIT Assuming you are on sprint....

If you were on VZW you woudl have replaced your phone nearly every other day?

Something is not right here? Not a typo?

cat2k8 01-18-2009 11:56 AM

Nope not a type-o. why do ya think i have what I have in my sig.. I also had a Recall topic that one of the mods closed

gator352 01-18-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 648728)
Every three and a half days since launch you have replaced your phone huh? Thats not a typo? Sprint allows this? Wonder why they are sinking and loss BILLIONS last year.

EDIT Assuming you are on sprint....

If you were on VZW you woudl have replaced your phone nearly every other day?

Something is not right here? Not a typo?

I agree! Nothing is perfect, and if it is, it won't be after using it awhile. My TP has a slight, I MEAN SLIGHT raise to it but you can't notice it. Unless the 25 phones you had had major issues and totally unusable, 25 replacements weren't warranted. I agree that a major flaw either in cosmetics or software, it should be replaced. But it sounds to me that you are looking for something perfect. Good luck!

Dr.8820 01-18-2009 12:00 PM

25 replacements would get you kicked off the network!

scrosler 01-18-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat2k8 (Post 648830)
Nope not a type-o. why do ya think i have what I have in my sig.. I also had a Recall topic that one of the mods closed

So tell me then, what was your actuall frequency?

What did you tell them at the store? Im curious, pardon me.

Secondly why didint you just get different phone not made by HTC? Limited choices? Who is your carrier?

scrosler 01-18-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 648838)
25 replacements would get you kicked off the network!

I think it would but IM not gonna call anyone here a liar without provoaction or justification.

Edited

Dr.8820 01-18-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 648841)
I think it would but IM not gonna call anyone here a liar without provoaction or justification.

Edited

i'm not saying he's lying but after 5 or 10 you would think someone at the company made a note.my brother was doing that with his mogul and sprint said he would have to file an insurance claim from now on.