PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   looking to use .mp3s as Txt message Notifications... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52417)

I-ron-ic-HTC 01-08-2009 07:49 PM

looking to use .mp3s as Txt message Notifications...

where do i put the . mp3s , in what file directory
thanks

jayson

I-ron-ic-HTC 01-08-2009 07:53 PM

Re: looking to use .mp3s as Txt message Notifications...

The settings are found under Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications.
If you are asking how to set a custom alert (a sound file that you added to your device), the file has to be put in the Windows Folder in order for it to be available under Sounds & Notifications to set as the SMS alert. Keep in mind that the whole file will play when you get a new SMS and you cannot stop it. Choose a small file.

thanks jayson ...

============= CLOSED =================

jrn6264 01-08-2009 08:04 PM

============= OPENED =================

put your mp3's here

My Device/Application Data/Sounds

then select it through settings for txt, vmail, whatever...

JohnBecker 01-08-2009 08:12 PM

If I'm not mistaken, ring tones can be MP3 files, but other notification files must be in the WAV format.

And they should be dropped in the \windows directory. Trust me, I have several sound files and use them for my voice mail and text message notification. Don't put them in any other folder, or they won't show up in your list. Use a low bitrate when converting the file or the file will be too big and they will be a slight delay.

Ring tones go in the \windows\ring folder and can be WAV, MP3, or MID formats.

jrn6264 01-08-2009 08:31 PM

using the method I posted I am using an mp3 for my vmail and txt try it out and let us know.

chappy 01-08-2009 10:11 PM

All of my ringers are in the root of my storage card and they show up in the list and play just fine. All mp3s.

gearjunkeez 01-08-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 628042)
All of my ringers are in the root of my storage card and they show up in the list and play just fine. All mp3s.

Mine sometimes show up that way depending on he rom I am using. To be safe, copy them to windows/rings folder. And you can use mp3 files as notifications...

CozBoogie 01-09-2009 01:12 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

reeg420 01-09-2009 03:57 PM

I drop my ringtones in windows\rings and other alerts I drop right in the windows directory.. All mp3's. Usually I make ringtones at about 40sec. and txt\email alerts about 20sec.

Either use the Mp3 Trimmer that came with the diamond or sometimes I use mp3trim on my pc if I want to fade the ringtone in\out.

Success100 01-10-2009 01:31 AM

mostly all the notifications can use .mp3 now. alarms still need to be in the /windows folder in .wav format though