PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Is there a way to connect via USB on my Macbook Pro to see the Touch Pro as a drive? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50868)

Eve6MediaHQ 12-28-2008 05:32 PM

Is there a way to connect via USB on my Macbook Pro to see the Touch Pro as a drive?

I often have problems moving the files on my device to the proper directories. I use Resco explorer, but I can't find a way to cut and paste items into the folders I want them to be in.

Is there a way to connect the HTC Touch Pro via USB to my Macbook Pro in order to see my HTC Touch Pro as a drive?

Please let me know if I am overlooking something obvious, or if this isn't possible on the Touch Pro with Apple OS 10.5.6

If need be, I can boot up on the windows XP partition of my HD to do this. However, if I need to do that, please let me know what files/programs I will need to download for Windows (since I likely won't have what is necessary installed on the Windows partition of my HD).

lmv7777 12-28-2008 06:11 PM

Re: Is there a way to connect via USB on my Macbook Pro to see the Touch Pro as a dri

You dont need any of that. When you plug the phone into the computer you should get a prompt on the phone that asks what you want to do over USB. select the 2nd option which is "use as disk drive"'. that should do the trick. of not, get a USB card reader and xfer files that way.

Eve6MediaHQ 12-28-2008 06:22 PM

Re: Is there a way to connect via USB on my Macbook Pro to see the Touch Pro as a dri

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmv7777 (Post 604820)
You dont need any of that. When you plug the phone into the computer you should get a prompt on the phone that asks what you want to do over USB. select the 2nd option which is "use as disk drive"'. that should do the trick. of not, get a USB card reader and xfer files that way.

The only problem I have with that is that I have Missing Sync installed on my Apple and that automatically opens up when I connect with USB cable.

kilen 12-28-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eve6MediaHQ (Post 604836)
The only problem I have with that is that I have Missing Sync installed on my Apple and that automatically opens up when I connect with USB cable.

I use Missing Sync also. If you click on "Mount" in the Missing Sync window, it will open up the device folders. If nothing shows up, make you you click on your device over on the left.

Hope this helps!

lmv7777 12-28-2008 06:30 PM

if it defaults to that then you can manually setup your phone to be used as a disk drive only. open startmenu | settings | connections | USB to PC | and select disk drive mode, and uncheck "ask about connection type wheni connect" that should do it.

Eve6MediaHQ 12-28-2008 06:31 PM

That worked... Now my problem is that this only connects to my MicroSD card. How do I make it so I can access the internal memory on my device? Is that not possible?

Thanks for the advice!

kilen 12-28-2008 06:37 PM

are you "mounting" it with missing sync? That way works well for me.

Eve6MediaHQ 12-28-2008 06:47 PM

I found this help item in Missing Sync's help:

Quote:

To mount your Windows Mobile device as a network volume on your Mac:

Connect the device to your Mac via USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
If not already open, The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile application will launch.
Click the Mount button.
After a few moments, the Windows Mobile device icon will appear in the Finder and possibly on your desktop as a network volume (depending on your Finder preferences settings).

When the device mounts, the device volume window will open and will come to the forefront in the Finder.
However, I can't find a "mount" button in my version of Missing Sync! Is this something that was added in v. 4.03 or 4.04? I haven't upgraded from 4.02.

Please let me know if the mount option is available in Missing Sync v 4.02.

Eve6MediaHQ 12-28-2008 06:49 PM

NM - looks like I need to update my Missing Sync to enable mounting!!!

lmv7777 12-28-2008 06:49 PM

you will only be able to access the storage card. this is as much advice as i can muster as i dont own a mac, and i dont have access to google since im at work. sorry i cant help any further :(