PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TEMP. Power Solutions for the Pro- What do you think? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50167)

nxtech3 12-23-2008 12:34 PM

Re: TEMP. Power Solutions for the Pro- What do you think?

as far as the orginal post and poll was for, i use a second OEM battery. i have a Diamond that went back into the box after i got the TP so i use it for a second "charger". Hopefully Santa will bring me a desktop charger for x-mas.

Farstrider 12-23-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovthagawd (Post 594393)
OK so let get this straight S2U2 even in power save mode drains the battery noticeably? This is news to me so whats every one using for a screen lock?

Why don't you just use the built in screen lock?
Settings > System > Key Lock

kilen 12-23-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farstrider (Post 595848)

I could be wrong, but from what I remember from using the, it unlocks when a phone call comes in and I invariably would bump something when I would pull it out of the holster and not be able to answer the call.

jmorton10 12-23-2008 02:25 PM

I use PocketShield (great program & I've tried them all) & carry a spare battery.

I have a USB cradle that will charge the phone & a spare batt at the same time. Batteries are so small & light you can carry one or two & not even know you have them.

Although I always used s2u2 in my Titan's, I could never get it to work right in the TouchPro. Pocket Shield works perfectly.

~John

shaun0207 12-23-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilen (Post 595872)
I could be wrong, but from what I remember from using the, it unlocks when a phone call comes in and I invariably would bump something when I would pull it out of the holster and not be able to answer the call.

I would use that lock. Its what I used on my Mogul, but you cant acces it on the TF3D screen.

kilen 12-23-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 595905)
I would use that lock. Its what I used on my Mogul, but you cant acces it on the TF3D screen.

In settings you can get it to activate with a Long Press End

shaun0207 12-23-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilen (Post 595916)
In settings you can get it to activate with a Long Press End

I didnt know that. Thank you very much.

Hovthagawd 12-24-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farstrider (Post 595848)

Well because it really isn't a lock if the keyboard barely moves it unlocks not to mention the texts and calls that unlock it. I find it to be worthless.

AndyCR512 02-14-2009 08:52 PM

Sorry to revive this thread. I'm finding the Energizer one to be a good alternative to an extra battery and the hassle of finding a decent charging station for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 593682)
i actually have the energizer one right here.... i found it somewher. would not recommend it. it is bulky and heavy and the 2 AA batteries get REALLY hot and drain REALLY fast. used it with my apache

Your problem was likely that you used alkalines. Alkaline batteries cannot sustain the current draw required here; that's why they're no good in digital cameras, either. Use either Lithium or Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries instead. Using 2450mAh NiMH batteries (off the shelf at a grocery store works perfectly fine), I get one full charge from a fully charged pair of AA's, charged in a good charger (Maha Powerex MH-C204F). The batteries barely even get slightly warm during it. I plan to use this setup on a trip in about a week, and I've tested it many times.