PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

Turbojak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Resetting voicemail count and number of rings before voicemail picks up

does this only work on the diamond or will it work on other phones as well?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojak View Post
does this only work on the diamond or will it work on other phones as well?
I'm not sure, it was created with the diamond in mind, but may work on other winmo devices... who knows though, most of these hacks change registry keys and keys can change sometimes from device to device...

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

Turbojak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
I'm not sure, it was created with the diamond in mind, but may work on other winmo devices... who knows though, most of these hacks change registry keys and keys can change sometimes from device to device...
Hey I figured to heck with it and tried it on my Apache anyway. I figured worse case it would mean a hard reset and so far no problems. I tried tweaking everything and it all seems to work just don't forget to soft reset after you change settings.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rihavens is a n00b

I remember working at Verizon you used to be able to change from 6 rings to 8 rings. Called Sprint and they said you cannot do that. Oh well.
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihavens View Post
I remember working at Verizon you used to be able to change from 6 rings to 8 rings. Called Sprint and they said you cannot do that. Oh well.
it can be done by accessing the ## settings i'm trying to find the thread that explains how to do it... i havent done it since i owned my apace which is about 10 device lifetimes ago for me lol
Old 12-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
it can be done by accessing the ## settings i'm trying to find the thread that explains how to do it... i havent done it since i owned my apace which is about 10 device lifetimes ago for me lol
It's stored in you phone?! I always thought it was a carrier setting
Old 12-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
It's stored in you phone?! I always thought it was a carrier setting
you can change the setting of how often your phone polls the tower closets to you... ahhh i'm totally blanking on what that setting was called but it's under the EPST. this has been shown to alter the number of rings before the call goes to voicemail. I really wish i could find that thread, but i've searched for it and dont see any reference to it... LSME420 pointed me to it well over a year ago.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
you can change the setting of how often your phone polls the tower closets to you... ahhh i'm totally blanking on what that setting was called but it's under the EPST. this has been shown to alter the number of rings before the call goes to voicemail. I really wish i could find that thread, but i've searched for it and dont see any reference to it... LSME420 pointed me to it well over a year ago.
That's Slot Cycle Index. I need to find out how to change the rings. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:55 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Here's a thread that talks about SCI and ring delays: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43242

Old 12-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
That's Slot Cycle Index. I need to find out how to change the rings. Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Here's a thread that talks about SCI and ring delays: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43242
YUP that's what it was the SCI... gosh i blanked on that in a major way...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro