PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   FM Radio Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49654)

CozBoogie 12-18-2008 02:47 PM

FM Radio Discussion

As promised here, this thread is dedicated to finding a working solution to using the FM radio feature on the Touch Pro.

Please remember to stay on topic and to be considerate and respectful.

For reference, here is the original FM radio thread.

late,
Santa Coz

BigDiesel07 12-18-2008 03:17 PM

Re: FM Radio Discussion

So we all are in agreement that the FM Radio chipset is indeed on the Touch Pro and that it is merely a software/firmware issue preventing the usage?

hibby50 12-18-2008 03:23 PM

here are my theories

1. Kernal
2. Something in the fms.dll and the other .dll are pointing something the wrong way.... like to another port. This is my most likely theory. For example you have laptop 1 and laptop 2. you have flash drive 1 and flash drive 2. And the operating system on both computers will only read from port a not port b, and laptop 1 had flash drive a in port b, it wouldnt read it. Therefore the diamond is laptop b with the radio stuff in port a where as the pro is laptop 1 with the radio stuff in port b.

hibby50 12-18-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 586448)
So we all are in agreement that the FM Radio chipset is indeed on the Touch Pro and that it is merely a software/firmware issue preventing the usage?

no it has the same stuff as the diamond but could be physically disconnected.

[sammich] 12-18-2008 05:56 PM

Well, I can scan but it will not find stations. There are so many mixed results with this...

Mr. X 12-18-2008 08:12 PM

As it stand the way i see it the driver is missing something for sound still and the api is damaged, it does not save the scanned stations it finds and it just acts a lil funny. it even does on the diamond you have no sound at first untill you cycle to the speaker and then back to the headset. but this could also mean its spl locked and not accessing the hardware correctly, and not a driver issue at all ;)

tsowen 12-20-2008 02:44 AM

Well its crazy because if you look in the Windows folder there are a few bmp's for the radio such as radio_lost_signal and others there is also a RadioInfo.dll which is dependant on the Ril.dll and the coredll.dll and also a FMS.dll and fms_api.dll and both are depedant on the coredll.dll as well. Two other files are fm_on.bts. fm_on_2_0.bts and fm_on_2_1.bts so it has to be just disabled in the SPL.

black_co 12-20-2008 03:54 AM

This may or may not help.

At my last job we used a program to check dll dependencies. If somebody could rip the windows folder out of their TP then we might be able to use something like Dependency Walker to check the dll's in question to see if all the needed dll's are there.

Just my 2% of a dollar.

Here's the link: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

ruined 12-20-2008 02:14 PM

Heres what I remeber from my previous investigations
Files:
FMS.dll (common file to all FM)
fms_api.dll (common file to all FM)
FM_on_2_0.bts (common file to all FM)
FM_on_2_1.bts (common file to all FM)
FMInit_2.bts (common file to all FM)
TIInit_5_3_53.bts (BT Chip intialization file! NEEDS MORE INVESTIGATION)
TIInit_5_2_34.bts (BT Chip intialization file, diff version)
TIInit_4_2_38.bts (BT Chip intialization file not our chip)
BTHCI.dll (BT HCI, ver 1.43, is 1.90 on diamond called by dll to communicate with chip, both versions do have calls to the FM chip)

Using the FM test app from HTC the program appears to be communicating with the FM portion of the chip, at least partially. RSSI levels returned by the chip are junk, since this level is used to detect stations the FM radio is not locking.

BigDiesel07 12-20-2008 03:27 PM

The Touch Pro has been torn down and pics are now available.. Go here for the relevant thread...