PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Wifi Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48734)

iwannabeused 12-12-2008 03:54 AM

Wifi Issue

I have been having an issues storing two different Wifi connection settings in my phone. When I store two different settings in it, it won't connect to either site.

I stored my house it was working fine. I then stored my girlfriends house and it will not connect with hers or back with mine. I have tried removing settings and re-configured them and it will just not connect.

I thought it was a third-party software, but I have ruled that out. I have done a hard reset and it will then connect to my network again or will connect just to hers. Once another profile has been setup, it seems to make the wifi not connect and screws up the wifi totally!

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue or would have this kind of issue? Can someone reproduce this issue? Kind of a weird situation, but somebody else out there might run into this...

darren.wlsn1 12-12-2008 04:07 AM

Re: Wifi Issue

i dont store any settings. i just connect and go with that. works fine.

TheRealHotshot 12-12-2008 11:00 AM

My touch pro want connect to my wireless router but my laptop and psp does! I don't know why it won't :(

basilray 12-12-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 574150)
My touch pro want connect to my wireless router but my laptop and psp does! I don't know why it won't :(

What kind of password are you using, WEP or WPA?
It's my experience with wireless routers that some network cards prefer one format over the other. May want to try switching between them and see if that helps.

As for the OP - Are you just turning on WiFi and expecting it to connect? You may need to go into the settings for WiFi and select the router you want to hit. I assume you are probably doing this.

Does it find the router and then not connect? Does it find any routers?

TheRealHotshot 12-12-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 574180)
What kind of password are you using, WEP or WPA?
It's my experience with wireless routers that some network cards prefer one format over the other. May want to try switching between them and see if that helps.

As for the OP - Are you just turning on WiFi and expecting it to connect? You may need to go into the settings for WiFi and select the router you want to hit. I assume you are probably doing this.

Does it find the router and then not connect? Does it find any routers?

Yes its on WPA!! I was thinking do I need to change to WEP imma do that when I get home! Thanks! I'll post to let yall know if that fix it!

iwannabeused 12-12-2008 03:43 PM

I have been using a WPA format and WPA2 format. It would connect with both, but once both settings are stored, it does not connect to ether anymore. I have tried soft reseting the phone and reset the cable modem and router.

I have noticed when I have issues, the PPTP NDISWAN Miniport and L2TPNDIS Miniport go to the top of the Network Adapters list, under configure network adapters. It used to be that the IEEE 802.11b/g compatible Wi-Fi Adapter was on top.

Are you seeing the same thing Not A Stain?

I am seeing networks. When the settings are stored, it says connecting and it never connects. It then says unavailable and then tries reconnecting. I soft reset the Touch Pro and it still does not connect.

TheRealHotshot 12-12-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwannabeused (Post 574649)
I have been using a WPA format and WPA2 format. It would connect with both, but once both settings are stored, it does not connect to ether anymore. I have tried soft reseting the phone and reset the cable modem and router.

I have noticed when I have issues, the PPTP NDISWAN Miniport and L2TPNDIS Miniport go to the top of the Network Adapters list, under configure network adapters. It used to be that the IEEE 802.11b/g compatible Wi-Fi Adapter was on top.

Are you seeing the same thing Not A Stain?

I am seeing networks. When the settings are stored, it says connecting and it never connects. It then says unavailable and then tries reconnecting. I soft reset the Touch Pro and it still does not connect.

Yea mines kinda does that. It won't even pick up my linksys router. I have to manually put it in set it up try to connect but it never does. Imma change the WPA to WEP and see if it picks up my router on my touch pro.

lefty11 01-28-2009 12:31 PM

Re: Wifi Issue not working

Dang, has no one came up with a fix for this yet? I am on the phone with Sprint now and all they keep doing is checking their data connection, and telling me they have no fix for a wifi issue. My wifi issue is, it finds the networks, I put in WEP key , it connects to the router and then it stops working as if I cannot get through the router gateway to access the net. I have tried this on multiple networks, I am working on stock ROM, yet no throughput to net. I have checked networks, and all networks have working multiple wireless devices of mine that work, (mogul, and laptops). Please has anyone come up with a fix for this yet?/ Please PM me if so or leave note here, but I have seen many many similar postings on the web and forums describing this same experience but no fix. there is obviously a compatibility issue on the wifi of the Touch Pro. We need some working on this . Again, feel free to PM me with ideas, fix, etc, but I have troubleshot everything and do not see any issue .

lefty11 01-28-2009 01:03 PM

Re: Wifi Issue possible fix

This may not be for everyone but if you are experiencing some of the same issues that I have been, I seem to have been able to get the wifi working again for now. I , like someone else mentioned, noticed that when I switched to wifi, that the network adapter order had changed under wifi settings , with L2TP NDISWan Miniport going to the top. I clicked on the IEEE 802.11/b/g adapter and then noticed that it had "use specific IP address" checked. I unchecked this and checked "use server-assigned IP address" and finally it started working again after a quick soft reset. I deleted WMWIFIrouter before this and it had no effect so i am not sure if this may have tied into it, I will have to reinstall it and see if it will work with it installed and whether or not the program itself will work, but for now I hope this helps someone out..