PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Any alarms for Birthday/Event, ie reminders, alarms, notices? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48502)

Jessnchar 12-10-2008 05:41 PM

Any alarms for Birthday/Event, ie reminders, alarms, notices?

I used to absolutely love this feature on my Treo755p (non windows)
When ever I entered a contact it had an option to enter the Birthday and offer to remind me within 7 days. 7 days prior it would set off an alarm and it would also show up in my calendar and would continue to remember this event for the following years. I figuered when in the contacts you enter the birthday it might have done that, but came to find out after I forgot my sister-in-laws birthday...that it doesn't ](*,)
I haven't synched my phone to my PC since I don't want to purchase Outlook once my trail expires, I am assuming that's the only way? Not sure at all though. This is infact my first Windows based phone and so far we're on 1st base. LOL

Any suggestions? Thank you.
*First post btw :) *

aceracer24 12-10-2008 06:11 PM

Re: Any alarms for Birthday/Event, ie reminders, alarms, notices?

Unless I am not understanding you correctly, the Touch Pro has a calendar and you can set up appointments. You can set up each one to remind you when ever you want a reminder and you can set it to yearly so that it will always be there for you. I do this for birthdays and what ever else I need to remember. Works great.

Jessnchar 12-10-2008 06:24 PM

Thank you, yea I've seen that, but what I am referring to is the Treo's contacts program would automatically fill in the calendar and ask you if u needed a reminder. As opposed to entering them manually.

rstoyguy 12-31-2008 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I had. I don't remember ever running it, so I don't know what your gonna get! :)

ou2mame 12-31-2008 08:47 PM

i don't think there's an automated function, but you can set the reminder to do whatever you want it to do from the default calender app.

nemoid 01-07-2009 02:52 PM

I just came from a Treo 755p as well, and am looking for this same exact feature. I have quite a few contacts with birthdays embedded, and have absolutely zero desire to go through and create a calendar event for each one.

Is there a way to get this done automatically?

TheDoctor1971 01-07-2009 03:34 PM

Its not free but Pocket Informant does that for me. http://www.pocketinformant.com/

Hafrust 01-07-2009 03:41 PM

The only way I've ever done it was to sync with outlook.

r1_rydah 01-07-2009 03:46 PM

you don't need the cab, it's in the stock contacts app

Hafrust 01-07-2009 03:48 PM

I've never noticed it doing that on my phone. When I enter someone's birthday in contacts, it doesn't automatically create a calendar entry with a reminder for that date. Did I just miss a setting?

akastixx 01-07-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripdub1 (Post 624544)
I've never noticed it doing that on my phone. When I enter someone's birthday in contacts, it doesn't automatically create a calendar entry with a reminder for that date. Did I just miss a setting?

It only does it naively once you sync it with outlook. it will do a reminder and tell you how old the person will be. the bad thing is if it is an audible alert, you will get it at midnight.

r1_rydah 01-07-2009 04:17 PM

do you guys use outlook to sync your contacts and calendar stuff etc? I had a 755 prior to the TP also, all did was sync my contacts from outlook to my TP and I still get birthday reminders and they show up in my calendar... 2 peoples birthdays on the Jan 2nd & 3rd showed on my main TF3D today screen as well, and I'm not using the cab listed above...

r1_rydah 01-07-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akastixx (Post 624605)
It only does it naively once you sync it with outlook. it will do a reminder and tell you how old the person will be. the bad thing is if it is an audible alert, you will get it at midnight.

oh ok that explains it...

shaun0207 01-07-2009 04:30 PM

Yeah, if you synce to Outlook it will def work.

nemoid 06-26-2009 09:08 AM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=998118