PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Playing Itunes downloaded songs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48239)

dss4me3 12-08-2008 09:10 PM

Playing Itunes downloaded songs

The way cell phone technology keeps expanding Apple should think of releasing a version of itunes to work with windows mobile. That way we can play mp4 on our phones.

I have a huge library of music now that I can only play with my ipod.

Or is their a way to get the htc pro to play mp4's?

rstoyguy 12-08-2008 09:29 PM

Re: Playing Itunes downloaded songs

www.pocket-tunes.com :)

dss4me3 12-08-2008 09:41 PM

Interesting, why hasnt apple come out with a free version. I hate paying for 3rd party software. Plus 38 dollars is a bit steep.

Anyone know another alternative?

Thanks for the info.

OR78 12-08-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 567187)

can you play the protected media with this program?

The way I see it is if I bought the song already I should be able to use the song on anything I own.

BigDiesel07 12-08-2008 10:21 PM

Try Kinoma... It handles iTunes just fine... Go here for more info... And instead of paying full price, just use Trial Pay like I did... Got it for free... Trust me... It is an awesome Media Player... It handles...

For audio-

Quote:

Kinoma Play supports MP3, AAC (iTunes), aacPlus, Flash Video (MP3 in an FLV), and Windows Media Audio 9 audio formats. It also supports FLAC uncompressed audio. For streaming, Kinoma Play supports HTTP, RTSP, and MMS streaming.
And for video-

Quote:

Kinoma Play supports MPEG-4 Video SP and AVC/H.264 codecs, 3GPP (same as MPEG-4), Flash Video (Sorenson Spark codec), QuickTime Movie (same as MPEG-4) and Windows Media 9 (WMV9 codec) video formats. For streaming, Kinoma Play supports HTTP, RTSP, and MMS streaming.

vzwdts 12-08-2008 10:23 PM

Neither of those apps will support protected M4P files, which is likely what the OP is looking for.

OR78 12-08-2008 10:24 PM

nevermind..answered my own question. Pocket tunes doesnt play protected media. Damn the iphone

BigDiesel07 12-08-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzwdts (Post 567323)
Neither of those apps will support protected M4P files, which is likely what the OP is looking for.

Yeah... I don't think there is much out there for that...

Yankees368 12-08-2008 10:27 PM

Dont plan on playing an itunes protected song through anything other than itunes or an iphone/ipod.

However, there are certain steps you can take to strip the DRM from those songs, and do whatever you want with what you legal own. That, or just download the songs you legally own a license for somewhere else.

DOWN WITH DRM!

vzwdts 12-08-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 567326)
Yeah... I don't think there is much out there for that...

Exactly :angry7:

Thanks, Apple. It's a shame that Apple sent cease and disist orders to the guys behind the HYMN and QTFairUse projects. Oh well, the only time I buy anything off of iTunes is when I can get it in iTunes+ format.