PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

twist27896 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Removing Alltel Bloatware

Hi,

I have a new Alltel TP and I am loving it! The one thing that bothers me though is all of the software Alltel puts on the phone. In the past (with my other ppc's) I just skipped the customization process, but that doesn't work on the TP for some reason. If you soft reset or remove the battery, it just goes through the setup process again until you let it customize. I also tried deleting the cabs and even with total commander they are locked. It is soo annoying to have all the icons in the programs tab of TouchFLO. I can't reassign them because they are locked too! I really don't want to flash another ROM, is there any way to fiix this besides that?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cforster is becoming a great contributor
Re: Removing Alltel Bloatware

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist27896 View Post
Hi,

I have a new Alltel TP and I am loving it! The one thing that bothers me though is all of the software Alltel puts on the phone. In the past (with my other ppc's) I just skipped the customization process, but that doesn't work on the TP for some reason. If you soft reset or remove the battery, it just goes through the setup process again until you let it customize. I also tried deleting the cabs and even with total commander they are locked. It is soo annoying to have all the icons in the programs tab of TouchFLO. I can't reassign them because they are locked too! I really don't want to flash another ROM, is there any way to fiix this besides that?
There are lots of people on here smarter than I. As for as I know, flashing would be the only way.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
Old 12-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Flashing to a custom rom is the best bet to get this unlocked. Y not just flash not that hard of a process?

Shell
Old 12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Download a registry editor. PHM works great and its free, Use google to find it. And Check out these registry. If they are there then deleate them all. The big one to look for is
<parm name="IsReadOnly" value="0"

0 means no
1 means yes

HTML Code:
characteristic type="HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher">
			<characteristic type="8">
				<parm name="DispName" value="Getting Started" datatype="string"/>
				<parm name="Path" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Getting Started.lnk" datatype="string"/>
				<parm name="IsReadOnly" value="0" datatype="integer"/>				
			</characteristic>

I am starting to work on a custom alltel rom now. once i get everything working I will drop you a link, if you want to use that.

But for now check out those registry settings and see if they are there. if so deleate them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

twist27896 is a n00b

THANKS!!!! It so aggravating when carriers do this. I mean who wants to keep expired trial software. I look forward to flashing ur ROM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:07 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

It is just a starter rom for now, it does function though. Has the bloatware removed. with the small needed apps in there. That is where i posted it. I will work more on it here in the next week or so. But that is a starter if you want it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48060&page=5

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2...db6fb9a8902bda
Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

TF3Dconfig allows you to delete all those locked Alltel icons easily

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro