PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   FYI: Sprite Terminator works on TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48057)

HBOOT 12-07-2008 12:34 PM

FYI: Sprite Terminator works on TP

Guys:
I installed Sprite terminator 1.1 on the TP when I got it few weeks ago, and finally today I gave it a test drive. That thing works flawlessly, I sent both GPS and lock command from one of the flipies laying around.
Within may be 15 seconds, the TP kicked back GPS coordinates to the flippie, I put the coordinates in Internet explorer on my lappy and bamm showed house number on the map(being first house in the corner helps).
Second instance with lock, the TP soft resetted itself in about 10 seconds or so.
That is my report.:mrgreen:

For newbies: here is the link:
http://www.spritesoftware.com/?page_id=280

If you lose your TP, you send text message to it from another phone and you get gps coordinates back pointing to its location,, also you can hard reset it to protect your sensitive data or simply lock it....

TheRealHotshot 12-07-2008 05:16 PM

Re: FYI: Sprite Terminator works on TP

I think imma buy that program today. Thanks for the link

HBOOT 12-07-2008 11:09 PM

Anytime dude, izz good stuff:drunken:

TheRealHotshot 12-07-2008 11:40 PM

Ok I ordered sprite backup pack which is sprite backup and terminator but they only send me the code for the back up. Not the terminator? Why's that?

HBOOT 12-08-2008 12:07 AM

Sorry to hear that man, fire up some emails...get some compensation:mrgreen:

TheRealHotshot 12-08-2008 12:15 AM

i guess they gonna send me the code monday cause i paid 39.95 for both of them together and tried the send code to email support and that didnt work so i emailed them two times. so i'll see some time monday i hope. just want them to send me the code so i can get started thats all :(

xtkxhom3r 12-08-2008 12:16 AM

wow thats pretty cool i would love to know who stole my phone haha

TheRealHotshot 12-08-2008 12:58 AM

Ok I got the code! Had to add them in my address book and it sent the code right to me! Now how do I set this up?

HBOOT 12-08-2008 12:58 AM

Actually there is another application that is free, look up phonetracker....i never tried it but read reviews that it was alright..

hempy 12-08-2008 04:18 AM

I love this program! Wish I had it when my Mogul was stolen.

[sammich] 12-08-2008 08:49 AM

Terminator is hands down the best tracking software... It's the first thing I install!

Helped me find my mogul when I left it in the car... lol

TheRealHotshot 12-08-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 565846)
Terminator is hands down the best tracking software... It's the first thing I install!

Helped me find my mogul when I left it in the car... lol

How do you set this program up?

HBOOT 12-08-2008 10:40 AM

Not a Stain:
There aren't too many steps to take , run it from you pc and let it install on your TP(device memory). Soft reset of course, once you do that, then you definitely gotta set up a password, enable the GPS, and decide if your TP should accept sms from some trusted numbers or any . Make sure you remember your pass and don't send a command to hard reset it, you can test it with lock or gps..

TheRealHotshot 12-08-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 565923)
Not a Stain:
There aren't too many steps to take , run it from you pc and let it install on your TP(device memory). Soft reset of course, once you do that, then you definitely gotta set up a password, enable the GPS, and decide if your TP should accept sms from some trusted numbers or any . Make sure you remember your pass and don't send a command to hard reset it, you can test it with lock or gps..

I'm at the part where it test the gps and this keep popping up MS: TestGPS, NO GPS READING

**Disclaimer** I got my gps running on it. Haha but a step by step on how to run this program would be much needed like if I lose my phone do I just send a text to my phone or what? Sorry for all the question this is my 1st time using a program like this

HBOOT 12-08-2008 11:17 AM

There you go man
http://www.spritesoftware.com/downlo...Terminator.pdf

TheRealHotshot 12-08-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 565960)

Thanks so much for the link!

HBOOT 12-08-2008 11:29 AM

Go green and hit the thanks button.:mrgreen:

flyers2114 12-12-2008 06:08 PM

Smartphonetracker is a nice free app that primarily does the same thing....

SharpTJ 12-12-2008 06:12 PM

i downloaded sprite but it says the file type is not valid for pocket pc... any ideas? meanwhile i will take a look at smartphonetracker

HBOOT 12-12-2008 06:19 PM

Sharp, the file is an exe file so you need to run it from your pc/laptop while your TP is connected..can't just drop it in the TP:mrgreen:

thesfactor 12-12-2008 06:34 PM

I locked my device using spritecmd pwd lock. Now when I try using spritecmd pwd unlock it says "MS : UNLOCK received, Unable to Unlock. Device locked with Non-Terminator Password"
Anyone else getting the same error?
Locking your device with sprite causes your windows pwd to change as well for some reason...

HBOOT 12-12-2008 06:58 PM

Hey Sfacor, I think you may find your answer in page 28 and 29 of the pdf link :
http://www.spritesoftware.com/downlo...Terminator.pdf
There are two options in there that you may be confusing, even your error is discussed there. Better read dude before I confuse you...lol

thesfactor 12-12-2008 07:08 PM

That is pretty confusing, guess I wont be using the lock command after all...

HBOOT 12-12-2008 07:18 PM

Well i read a bit and I understand that you will only be able to UNLOCK your TP if you set up a lock code from scratch by sending a cmd to your TP, if TP has a lock in place already that you wont be able to unlock. is this making any sense ? I think so, Terminator will only unlock code that it sets it up!!
You definitely can use lock command (assuming you have a TP LOCK SET UP).
If you dont have a TP lock going on then you can set one up via terminator and unlock via termoinator...that is enough locking dude:mrgreen:

Commwarrior X 02-09-2009 08:51 PM

I must confess I cant make heads or tails of how to make this work on google maps. I just got the Terminator program today and setting the GPS is confusing.

First question..do I need a bluetooth device to get gps? (sounds like a stupid question but it appears if i dont add a device in Bluetooth settings I cant do squat)
Second queastion...Why does google maps keep saying that my headset doesnt seem to be compatable with the My Location (Beta) feature? (assuming that this is what ppl are using im completely lost.) As you can tell im not that tech savy i just want the security features to work right any help will be welcomed. And yes Ive red the user manual but still cant get it to setup. :-x:-x

HBOOT 02-11-2009 11:21 PM

Dude, first your TP has a gps chip in it, you do not need any bluetooth device to get teminator to work. Now, you must install terminator in your device memory not storage card, verify your gps settings under settings/system/gps. Make sur eyou have Com4,None in gps hardware.4800 baud rate, Manage gps auto. Set terminator password and u should be good...

Commwarrior X 02-12-2009 09:07 PM

LOL I got it all figured out. I knew I didnt need the bluetooth device to do it but it wasnt working so I figured I might have done something wrong and was grasping at straws after a while. And yea I installed it on the main memory and not the memory card. Finally it hit me....I was in a basement and the gps wasnt getting the signal lol. It works now.:thumbleft:

But now I have another prob that is more legitamite: Everytime I text a command to my phone whether its for the gps coordinates or to lock device Im always just getting a list of commands. I followed the instructions spritecmd"password"gps (for example) and it gives me all of the commands as if I was typing "sprite" at the end. Very annoying has anyone else have this trouble? I need serious help with this.

HBOOT 02-12-2009 10:22 PM

Can you clarify man, my encryption isnt working...lol. Seriously,u get an error or what? there is a space btween sprite and cmd:laughing3:

ruskiyab 02-12-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commwarrior X (Post 710060)
LOL I got it all figured out. I knew I didnt need the bluetooth device to do it but it wasnt working so I figured I might have done something wrong and was grasping at straws after a while. And yea I installed it on the main memory and not the memory card. Finally it hit me....I was in a basement and the gps wasnt getting the signal lol. It works now.:thumbleft:

But now I have another prob that is more legitamite: Everytime I text a command to my phone whether its for the gps coordinates or to lock device Im always just getting a list of commands. I followed the instructions spritecmd"password"gps (for example) and it gives me all of the commands as if I was typing "sprite" at the end. Very annoying has anyone else have this trouble? I need serious help with this.

It's spritecmd password command for example:

spritecmd password gps

Commwarrior X 02-12-2009 11:57 PM

:laughing3: Ok yea thats what I was doing wrong no spaces. thx

ou2mame 02-13-2009 12:05 AM

i just wish you could get gps info from aim.. you can query the phone, but not get gps... but it works fine from yahoo messenger.

ou2mame 02-13-2009 12:19 AM

personally, i use this a lot... it works wonders.
http://www.trackapartner.com/

kyle4269 02-13-2009 01:24 AM

hahaha it works alrite!

ADiamond75 02-13-2009 04:38 AM

Yeah, works great, sent myself a txt and got back coordinates.

Should I test the wipe command now? :geek:

cuellarm 06-25-2009 06:19 PM

Does anyone have the actual PDF user guide for Sprite Terminator? the link provided does not work, the PDF is not on their website anymore. Thanks.

HBOOT 06-25-2009 06:32 PM

I will look around, keep in mind you can hit the help option instaled on your TP....Has all commands...

http://www.spritesoftware.com/suppor...Terminator/FAQ
http://www.spritesoftware.com/Suppor...nator-UsingGPS