PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Nice to see (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47611)

hibby50 12-03-2008 06:02 PM

Nice to see

It's nice to see we are welcoming the many new GSM members to the forum :D. You guys think we will be seein any chefs posting up some goods!

[sammich] 12-03-2008 06:25 PM

Re: Nice to see

I think we should just stick to the way it was... XDA for GSM, PPCG for CDMA

[hah each has the same amount of letters as the corresponding technology... random]

cornelious2 12-04-2008 08:37 AM

I agree to a degree, but if people actually post correctly I think it might be nice to pull some of the GSM people over here for a bit. IT kind of seems like we are treated a bit like outcasts in xda at times. (I think we are a bit more noob friendly here.)

Lylej2k 12-04-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 558932)
I agree to a degree, but if people actually post correctly I think it might be nice to pull some of the GSM people over here for a bit. IT kind of seems like we are treated a bit like outcasts in xda at times. (I think we are a bit more noob friendly here.)

I'd have to agree. I'm a member there as many of us are. (i've seen you!) I don't post that much there though. It also seems more organized here, but maybe that's just me.

mindfrost82 12-04-2008 10:32 AM

I'm a member at both, when I had Sprint I used this site a ton, but now that I have AT&T I'm forced to use XDA more since they have a bigger GSM following.

I'm not necessarily trying to pull users from over there, but it would be nice if we had some GSM support here too.

I'm going to let a few of the chefs know about this forum and see what they say. I know Da_G has posted his ROM over on HoFo, so he might be willing to post it here.

cornelious2 12-04-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 559033)
I'm a member at both, when I had Sprint I used this site a ton, but now that I have AT&T I'm forced to use XDA more since they have a bigger GSM following.

I'm not necessarily trying to pull users from over there, but it would be nice if we had some GSM support here too.

I'm going to let a few of the chefs know about this forum and see what they say. I know Da_G has posted his ROM over on HoFo, so he might be willing to post it here.

Glad to see you split off the subforum like we talked about. :)

cforster 12-04-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 558932)

When I was using my mogul I was hanging around XDA more. Now that I have my TP I use PPCG almost exclusively. I'm not knocking XDA though, its a great resource.

I agree that PPCG seem to be more noob friendly.

blasphemous_prime 12-04-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 557785)
I think we should just stick to the way it was... XDA for GSM, PPCG for CDMA

[hah each has the same amount of letters as the corresponding technology... random]

Now now, let's just at least give this movement a chance, even though there is a small one, and we do have a few members from outside of the U S of A coming here that we need to at least deliver a bit of suport to.

BigDiesel07 12-04-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lylej2k (Post 558941)
I'd have to agree. I'm a member there as many of us are. (i've seen you!) I don't post that much there though. It also seems more organized here, but maybe that's just me.

I agree... It is a lot more organized here.. It may be the soothing blue background that PPC has as it's stock skin..

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime (Post 559198)
Now now, let's just at least give this movement a chance, even though there is a small one, and we do have a few members from outside of the U S of A coming here that we need to at least deliver a bit of suport to.

It's good to look out for our international brethren..

I only have an account with XDA so I can download the files that are frequently listed over there... But don't get me wrong.. XDA is great..

imneveral0ne 12-05-2008 03:32 AM

im suprised the elite teams GSM Touch Pro Rom isnt here yet, since some of them are over here working on once for CDMA.