PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   best buy returns!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47209)

amenazaomar 12-01-2008 10:23 AM

best buy returns!!

anybody return their pros to best buy? nothing wrong with my device, but i do got a couple scratches from 1 or 2 drops. asside from the screen protector that came out pretty nasty on mine,, just thinking about returning it to best buy and get a new one while im still within the 30 days!!
any feed back on this? or anybody try this yet?

inline 12-01-2008 10:25 AM

Re: best buy returns!!

As long as you are within 30 day it's pretty much a no questions asked type thing....

LoungeLizard 12-01-2008 10:43 AM

Read your return policy. If the unit is not defective, it must be returned in a "like new" condition, without and scratches or other damages. When I returned mine for the earpiece problem, they didn't even look at the phone. But if you are returning it just because it has some scratches and you want a new one, that's on you.

amenazaomar 12-01-2008 10:44 AM

sweet, i think i'll just go and get a new one, just pull a fast one!! :) this timei will make sure i get an invisashield or a full body, not sure which one yet!!

blazin-asian 12-01-2008 10:44 AM

i returned mine the other day no questions asked. the credit showed up on my credit card statement the next day too

cfendrick 12-01-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amenazaomar (Post 552234)
anybody return their pros to best buy? nothing wrong with my device, but i do got a couple scratches from 1 or 2 drops. asside from the screen protector that came out pretty nasty on mine,, just thinking about returning it to best buy and get a new one while im still within the 30 days!!
any feed back on this? or anybody try this yet?

Here is your requested feedback.... I have heard of people returning defective items, but if there is nothing wrong with the device as you stated why would you return it??? Because you dropped it 1 or 2 times sounds like an awesome reason to make an exchange.

Based on your post I wish carriers could cancel contracts on the spot.

slopokdave 12-01-2008 10:57 AM

Thanks for making it harder for everyone else to get this phone because you dropped yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

amenazaomar 12-01-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfendrick (Post 552259)
Here is your requested feedback.... I have heard of people returning defective items, but if there is nothing wrong with the device as you stated why would you return it??? Because you dropped it 1 or 2 times sounds like an awesome reason to make an exchange.

Based on your post I wish carriers could cancel contracts on the spot.

ok, im trying to figure out what your saying, but i just dont get it!! your asking me why im thinking about returning, but then you say its an awesome idea? :scratch: , and then you say you wish carriers could cancel contracts on the spot!
im just really lost!!!

amenazaomar 12-01-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 552264)
Thanks for making it harder for everyone else to get this phone because you dropped yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

i dont see how this could directly affect anyone trying to get a pro? the only possible person/buisness this can, or would possibly affect, would be Best Buy, from loss in revenue from returned items,,, but that would really take a lot more than 1 phone!!! ! if anything, im actually helping YOU out a little, im giving you or anyone else, a chance to buy a touch pro(open box item) at a cheaper price, probably $50 to $100 less for phone that has nothing wrong, other than a couple scratches!!wink wink

cfendrick 12-01-2008 11:12 AM

Sarcasm before:evil4:

To spell it out completely for you the return policy is wide open, but use your best judgement. If you can't do this I can base on your OP the answers is No you should not return your device to Best Buy even if they will take it back because it isn't defective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amenazaomar (Post 552268)
ok, im trying to figure out what your saying, but i just dont get it!! your asking me why im thinking about returning, but then you say its an awesome idea? :scratch: , and then you say you wish carriers could cancel contracts on the spot!
im just really lost!!!