PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   VZ TP GPS Not Working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46800)

traviscrites 11-27-2008 04:54 PM

VZ TP GPS Not Working

Ok, I've got everything else working pretty well, but I cannot seem to get the GPS to work on my new Verizon Touch Pro.

I also could not get QuickGPS working, but I have Hard Rebooted, tried HTC GPS Tool, GPS Viewer, Advanced Config, PHM Regedit, Google Maps and a few other things. None of the GPS programs worked. I've tried a ton of things but none worked.

I did install VZ Navigator, but I don't have a VZ Nav account so it won't work.

Has anyone with a VZ phone got this working? Did VZ disable this thing?

mdphoenix 11-27-2008 05:04 PM

Re: VZ TP GPS Not Working

I'm pretty sure that VZW has disabled the internal GPS on this device.

dimitri 11-27-2008 05:18 PM

The unlocker doesn't work yet for the VZW TP

BigDiesel07 11-27-2008 05:23 PM

Oh... Never mind then travis... Once the unlocker works for the VZW TP, then that is what you will have to do.. Unlock it and you will be able to use GPS for any program..

scrosler 11-27-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 546652)
I'm pretty sure that VZW has disabled the internal GPS on this device.

GPS works just fine guys. You need to pay for it though. The only allowed GPS app is VZNavigator. Been using it for three days now. Dont much like it. Cant wait till it is unlocked so I can use TomTom

Exil3d 11-27-2008 05:28 PM

Damn.. I feel for you VZN customers.

mdphoenix 11-27-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimitri (Post 546671)
The unlocker doesn't work yet for the VZW TP

Sigh. Just confirmed that as well. I guess I can't expect much for stuff developed for free, and for a device that's only been out for a few days.

No big deal. I have Tomtom 6 with the Bluetooth receiver. Until there's an update, I'll use that.

traviscrites 11-27-2008 05:38 PM

Wow... well, I'm not surprised - It's a shame VZ does these things. I'm still debating unlocking this phone since it voids my warranty and I'm more curious than interested in using GPS (or FM radio) - it's just not something I'll use all that often, if at all - I just want to see it work and check it out. I'm surprised there's no workaround floating around yet. Anyway, thanks everyone. BTW, no surprise either, the service & support folks all seem to think the GPS should just work w/ google maps or any other gps software.

BigDiesel07 11-27-2008 06:39 PM

Check this out if you think locking GPS is down... The unlock software should be out shortly... Once it comes out, GPS will be truly free, without restrictions..