PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro freezing at night? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46788)

No1ustad 11-27-2008 03:27 PM

Touch Pro freezing at night?

Anyone else having this issue or noticed a fix for it? Sucks because i'm missing calls and my alarms don't work in the morning- Not something i'm ready to deal with, it's reminiscient of the early mogul... *sigh*

lipidfats 11-27-2008 04:36 PM

Re: Touch Pro freezing at night?

nah, sorry dude..
happened a lot on my old phones, but i haven't experienced it yet since i've had the touch pro (a month).. if it started happening recently, you might want to think about what programs you might have installed before it happened. if you can't pinpoint the problem, you might have to hard reset to see if that'll fix it. goodluck.

rushco 11-27-2008 04:47 PM

There are other threads about this. Happens to me and a bunch of people.

lipidfats 11-27-2008 05:42 PM

/\/\/\/\ just noticed the other thread about this....
they say to uncheck the timeout option in today settings and uncheck the turn off device (when on external power) option.
and if you have applications installed on your storage card, that may be why also... storage card goes to sleep after a while, so if something in the system (like updates) tries to access an app, it may cause it to act up. BTW, I've had today timeout unchecked and installed all my apps on device storage since day one.... and no lockups..

liemydude 11-27-2008 05:44 PM

happened to me for the first time last night.

TurboFool 11-27-2008 05:47 PM

Happened once to me, so hasn't been a major issue. The one that's driving me nuts is the vibration getting stuck during the night. I'll get an e-mail and I'll wake up out of my sleep to the phone vibrating non-stop. Then I have to Close All or, on rare occasions, soft-reset it.

mi7chy 11-28-2008 02:15 AM

I noticed mine was locking up overnight. Figured out that it was overheating when charging inside the included case and with default external power settings that keeps the phone on. Workaround is to reconfigure external power settings and have the phone turn off after 2 mins of unuse.

No1ustad 11-29-2008 03:51 AM

hmm. mi7chy says turn off after 2 min, and lipidfats says uncheck turn off at all. well, i just took it in and swapped it for another @ sprint, i'll start messing with it if i see problems with this one as well. :fingers crossed:

ou2mame 11-29-2008 03:53 AM

there's a registry tweak, i forget what it is... basically, wm wakes up at midnight to mess around with your appointments and whatnot, and the timeout for that is really low, so if you raise that, it may stop your phone from freezing up. i forget the what it was called... i'll try to find it.

xunknownx 11-29-2008 04:19 AM

i unchecked the "turn off device if not used for" and it still froze on me