PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   BodyGuardz Touch Pro Case Released! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45746)

subiegsr 11-20-2008 03:42 PM

BodyGuardz Touch Pro Case Released!

Just got a email from them that they just finished making a skin for the touch pro today! I just put my order in. Just giving you guys a heads up.. :)

http://www.bodyguardz.com/Sprint_Tou...nttouchpro.htm

Comes with two skins, so in case you mess up the first you got a spare!

abscess 11-20-2008 04:23 PM

Re: BodyGuardz Touch Pro Case Released!

I just ordered one from bestskinsever.com for $7.99. Seems like a better deal to me, and I had very good luck with my last BSE skin vs IS skin.

aaron130 11-20-2008 04:28 PM

Just ordered mine as well!!! IMHO this is by far the BEST protectors and Ive had them all!!!

stevedusa 11-20-2008 04:37 PM

I just placed order on bestskinsever.com plus shipping for 9.99 total ... seems like it's a fullbody one. What is the different between the one on BodyGuarz.com and BestSkinsEver.com?

thesfactor 11-20-2008 06:13 PM

Nothing really, Bodyguardz gives you 2 screen covers for $25, Best skins ever gives you 1 skin at $10.

Mikeschevelle 11-20-2008 06:41 PM

My question is how is the whole body supposed to stay on the back of the phone. Its that rubbery textured finish?

winter720 11-20-2008 07:20 PM

Just ordered one, thanks!

kmehr 11-20-2008 07:26 PM

how is the texture of the bodyguardz or the best skin ever? Is it matted or is it smooth like the one which came with our phone?:???:

jmorton10 11-20-2008 07:29 PM

BodyGuardz are real good stuff, I have their skins on my two Titan's & I love them.

I ordered one of the other setups (I forget the name right this second) last week for the TP because BodyGuardz didn't have one available at the time & I'm waiting for it to arrive.

~John

acteon 11-20-2008 07:30 PM

the application process looks very tedious, and after watching the video of the application of the skin onto the iphone I feel even less confident. I've found a few cases on amazon for about 9bucks with shipping, I think I'll stick to the old fashioned case w/screen protector. just go to amazon.com and search cdma touch pro case if your like me.

jmorton10 11-20-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmehr (Post 532558)
how is the texture of the bodyguardz or the best skin ever? Is it matted or is it smooth like the one which came with our phone?:???:

BodyGuardz are smooth/shiny

~John

peacock93 11-21-2008 07:31 AM

That picture on the site is for a GSM Touch Pro. It's got the cut out for the camera on the front. Is that what you guys were looking for or were you thinking it was for the CDMA phones?

subiegsr 11-21-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pea****93 (Post 533457)
That picture on the site is for a GSM Touch Pro. It's got the cut out for the camera on the front. Is that what you guys were looking for or were you thinking it was for the CDMA phones?

Crap, I ordered the wrong one then! They should have put GSM on there! Sorry, to everyone that ordered off that link! Found another link that's under sprint instead of HTC... http://www.bodyguardz.com/Sprint_Tou...nttouchpro.htm

If you just placed your order, email them before it ships! Mine already shipped :angry7: Thanks for the heads ups pea****, you got good eyes.

peacock93 11-22-2008 09:54 AM

Your welcome! Glad I could help. I've been waiting for them to release a Sprint version myself.

jmorton10 11-22-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subiegsr (Post 534691)
Crap, I ordered the wrong one then! They should have put GSM on there! .

Damn, I did the same thing & mine shipped also.........(& I ordered two sets)

Oh well, I guess it will work fine anyway. I suppose I can send one set back for exchange.

~John

speck 11-22-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acteon (Post 532571)
the application process looks very tedious, and after watching the video of the application of the skin onto the iphone I feel even less confident. I've found a few cases on amazon for about 9bucks with shipping, I think I'll stick to the old fashioned case w/screen protector. just go to amazon.com and search cdma touch pro case if your like me.

acteon - which one did you get, and how do you like it?

Papispico 11-22-2008 03:40 PM

anyone have a coupon for bodyguardz...i wanna place my order...

Merdinh 11-22-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abscess (Post 532045)
I just ordered one from bestskinsever.com for $7.99. Seems like a better deal to me, and I had very good luck with my last BSE skin vs IS skin.

Yea its a good deal on a cheap peace of plastic. I have to say invisible shield is one of the best protectors out there.

subiegsr 11-22-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 535730)
Damn, I did the same thing & mine shipped also.........(& I ordered two sets)

Oh well, I guess it will work fine anyway. I suppose I can send one set back for exchange.

~John

Sorry John! I emailed them about it, and they said they can do an exchange no problem. You just have to mail it back to:

NLU Products
Attn: Exchanges / your "Order#"
775 W Concord Park Dr
Bluffdale, UT 84065

"Please put a note on the inside of the box with your order# and telling us that you are exchanging your BodyGuard for the Sprint Touch Pro. Once we receive the returned item, we will ship the new product to you."

chedda_chez 11-22-2008 05:37 PM

it wont let me "add to cart"...wtf?

-Chez

jmorton10 11-22-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subiegsr (Post 536151)
Sorry John! I emailed them about it, and they said they can do an exchange no problem. You just have to mail it back to:

NLU Products
Attn: Exchanges / your "Order#"
775 W Concord Park Dr
Bluffdale, UT 84065

"Please put a note on the inside of the box with your order# and telling us that you are exchanging your BodyGuard for the Sprint Touch Pro. Once we receive the returned item, we will ship the new product to you."

Thanks Bro, I will use one of the sets now as REALLY don't want to scratch this thing & send the other one back for exchange.

~John

nbaj2k 11-22-2008 05:57 PM

I'm thinking about switching to the Touch Pro, but if and when I do I want to make sure I have some sort of case like this purchased to put on it the first day.

Whoever does get one with the Touch Pro, please post some pics so we can all see how it looks with the BodyGuardz case on, and how many different pieces it is (i know there are 2 sets).

I've used Best Skins ever before, I'm interested in the difference between BodyGuardz, Best Skins ever and invisible shield, for anyone that gets one and has used other kinds before.

Thanks!

~J

subiegsr 11-25-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 536221)
Thanks Bro, I will use one of the sets now as REALLY don't want to scratch this thing & send the other one back for exchange.

~John

No problem. That's smart! I'm just trying to be super careful with mine, with just the oem screen protector.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbaj2k (Post 536257)
I'm thinking about switching to the Touch Pro, but if and when I do I want to make sure I have some sort of case like this purchased to put on it the first day.

Whoever does get one with the Touch Pro, please post some pics so we can all see how it looks with the BodyGuardz case on, and how many different pieces it is (i know there are 2 sets).

I've used Best Skins ever before, I'm interested in the difference between BodyGuardz, Best Skins ever and invisible shield, for anyone that gets one and has used other kinds before.

Thanks!

~J

I will post some pics up for you, when I get my exchanged one.. but it might be another week. Unless someone beats me to it.. :)

jmorton10 11-25-2008 08:02 PM

I had ordered a set of invisible shield originally because I wanted to protect the new TP from day one. After over three weeks I had basically given up on that order & was going to cancel it when I saw that the BodyGuardz had become available. Right when I was thinking of canceling it, the order showed up.

I had just got done ordering the BodyGuardz, but I figured since the invisible shield was here I might as well use it temporarily anyway. I put the whole kit on two nights ago & I absolutely hate it. I don't mind the little side pieces & the back piece came out perfect, but the whole front of the phone looks absolutely terrible. Not only does it look crappy, it makes the screen much too sticky/tacky for TF3D to work correctly IMHO.

When I get the final setup done, it will work super but this definitely ain't it. As soon as I get the BodyGuardz that invisible shield is going to be history. I don't use the Guardz screen protector however, my all time favorite screen protector is the Brando UltraClear Protector Plus & I have a few of those ordered also.

~John

subiegsr 11-25-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 542700)
I had ordered a set of invisible shield originally because I wanted to protect the new TP from day one. After over three weeks I had basically given up on that order & was going to cancel it when I saw that the BodyGuardz had become available. Right when I was thinking of canceling it, the order showed up.

I had just got done ordering the BodyGuardz, but I figured since the invisible shield was here I might as well use it temporarily anyway. I put the whole kit on two nights ago & I absolutely hate it. I don't mind the little side pieces & the back piece came out perfect, but the whole front of the phone looks absolutely terrible. Not only does it look crappy, it makes the screen much too sticky/tacky for TF3D to work correctly IMHO.

When I get the final setup done, it will work super but this definitely ain't it. As soon as I get the BodyGuardz that invisible shield is going to be history. I don't use the Guardz screen protector however, my all time favorite screen protector is the Brando UltraClear Protector Plus & I have a few of those ordered also.

~John

Thanks for the head ups. Seems like a lot of people as set on Invisible shield though. I've never messed with one in person and probably never will. You must have spent a lot on protection!

chedda_chez 11-26-2008 12:13 PM

how are you all ordering? when i click "ADD TO CART" it doesnt add...

PLEASE HELP!!!

-Chez

thesfactor 12-02-2008 12:11 AM

anybody have a 20% off bodyguardz coupon they might not be using? Could you please PM me this coupon? Thanks!