PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   OMG Love Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45504)

detarx 11-19-2008 03:44 AM

OMG Love Sprint

Dropped my touch pro today and went to sprint. I got there and i told them i dropped it and it wasn't working anymore. Ended up getting everything new in the box and i got to keep all my other accessories that came with first touch pro. Now i have double of everything.

rushco 11-19-2008 03:47 AM

Re: OMG Love Sprint

LUCKY. I wonder if my Sprint store will hand out free batteries. I wonder if they even have any spares.

detarx 11-19-2008 03:49 AM

He was gonna take the batt with the old phone but i asked him if he really needed to take it and he said no because all they require is the phone. Then he said go ahead and take the batt.

lipidfats 11-19-2008 04:12 AM

ha, free battery? interesting...
has anyone been charged for a missing battery when they've shipped back old phones in return kits?

Mercenary 11-19-2008 04:57 AM

I'm glad I saw this thread. I dropped my TP in the toilet today. It wasn't workin for a little while but I let it dry out and now it works. Thing is the screen is a slightly different hue about 60/40 across and I have a feeling other problems will arise. I want to return it and get another but I'm not exactly sure how Sprint is gonna handle the water damage. Can I just take it to a Sprint store and get another one thru my insurence or will they make me buy a new one at full price?

1999TL 11-19-2008 05:00 AM

That's what insurance is for.

Mercenary 11-19-2008 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999TL (Post 528865)
That's what insurance is for.

Yea but I thought water damage was handled differently. Am I wrong about that?

35mm 11-19-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary (Post 528869)
Yea but I thought water damage was handled differently. Am I wrong about that?

You have to have the full insurance not the lesser one to cover water damage. I think there is also a $50 deductible for water damage and lost phones.

rdd0512 11-19-2008 06:27 AM

not only the 50 dollars but you have to call it in and wait for the mail, they wont exchange water damaged phones in store. and as far as the battery keeping on returns... thats the oldest trick i used to pull way back when i had a 6700, i would just ask if i could have the battery because i had it charged already... never failed. ;)

[sammich] 11-19-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 528844)
ha, free battery? interesting...
has anyone been charged for a missing battery when they've shipped back old phones in return kits?

Nope. I went to the store with my Mogul to get it replaced with another Mogul. When I was giving the guy my old one for the new one, I asked if I can keep the battery. He said 'yea, they replace them anyways'