PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   voicemail ring time (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45259)

RadarRider 11-22-2008 01:01 AM

Re: voicemail ring time

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 535156)
I don't know if it's an issue with your phone or if its an issue with the network... Very weird..

I have this problem with the mogul and the touch pro. It's a Sprint system problem. I've har***** tech support for both the mogul and touch pro. They say there is nothing you can do about it. ](*,)
It's inherent to the system, no way to change the # of rings before voicemail. Sprint just sux in some ways.:angry7:

If anyone knows some tricks, plz do tell

--RR

speck 11-22-2008 04:06 PM

This post explains how I keep endiing up with multiple new voicemails when I never even hear the phone ring. How can it be a Sprint 'system' problem? I never had this problem with any previous phone and I've had Sprint over 10 years.

jimmyz 11-22-2008 07:14 PM

The funny thing is that some of the people who call me on a regular basis have started counting the rings they hear before the call goes to voicemail- today someone counted 2!
I wonder if it has something to do with the way I pull the phone from the included case- I will try letting it ring in the case a couple of times before pulling it out to see if I am somehow causing the problem.

BigDiesel07 11-22-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyz (Post 536401)
The funny thing is that some of the people who call me on a regular basis have started counting the rings they hear before the call goes to voicemail- today someone counted 2!
I wonder if it has something to do with the way I pull the phone from the included case- I will try letting it ring in the case a couple of times before pulling it out to see if I am somehow causing the problem.

Yeah, you might be hitting the ignore icon by accident...

stevenmh 11-22-2008 10:44 PM

Out of the box, my TP would ring after the caller heard two rings. Then would go to voicemail at the end of the caller hearing the 4th ring.

I asked Sprint to increase the voicemail time from 23 seconds to 30 seconds, as some people say is possible. They said they can only do it on the Nextel side, not on the Sprint side.

I tried the Diamond Tweak fix, but it made no difference.

I tried slot cycle 0, helped very slightly.

Turned off TF3D... gained a whole ring. Turned it on/off several times to confirm the results and rule out a fluke. Set my slot cycle back to 2. It now rings after the caller hears one ring. I think that's probably the best that can be expected.

BigDiesel07 11-22-2008 10:48 PM

I think it only works if you set the slot cycle to 1... 0 I don't think works... It's a multiplier... Anything multiplied by 0 is 0...

houdini 11-23-2008 11:10 AM

Yeah I'm not sure if it is TF3D alltogether but rather the dialer that TF3D adds. If you replace the dialer you'll get faster rings...in some cases seconds faster.

I was using pocketshield for a trial and it has an option to replace the dialer with it's own wm6.1 based dialer. This not only made rings much faster but reduced around 8 mg of ram use.

hibby50 11-23-2008 11:13 AM

how can i change the amount of rings before voicemail like booooooooop booooooooop

cowboy casey 11-26-2008 11:41 AM

I ran into this problem with sprint on my PPC 6700... You have to call sprint and have them extend your ring time before it goes to voicemail... the normal time they have is about 18 seconds... they acctually are trying to save people money because if it goes over 30 seconds sprint charges you 1 minute for the call... now with that said you can do 2 things... 1. if you have unlimited calls you can ask them to move the voicemail time to whatever you want... 2. ask them to move it as close to 30 seconds as they can.. ive got mine at 29 seconds i think... once its set on your account you dont have to change it when you get a new phone... hope this helps...

Cowboy