PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Extending Battery Life (Disable Activesync) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44757)

GoodThings2Life 11-14-2008 05:29 PM

Re: Extending Battery Life (Disable Activesync)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 519728)
How do you do that? I don't see a Settings menu for Active Sync.

Also, never understood WTH "Data Connection" means in the Settings Touch Flo menu/comm. manager? It seems to make no difference in terms of my internet use whether this is on or off.

That's because as soon as you fire up most Internet programs it turns Data Connection back on automatically.

Nagual 11-14-2008 05:34 PM

Thanks - looks like I actually set it up manual earlier - but the "Send/Receive when I click send" checkbox - if I uncheck that will it affect any functions negatively like emails or texts?

Nagual 11-14-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life (Post 519777)
That's because as soon as you fire up most Internet programs it turns Data Connection back on automatically.

Thanks again - but then what is the point of having it on at all in settings?

Pimps30 11-15-2008 05:32 AM

my schedule button cannot be clicked
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life (Post 519775)
ActiveSync > Menu > Schedule.

GoodThings2Life 11-15-2008 08:06 AM

That happens when it's connected to the PC. Either unplug it, or on the PC side, open the ActiveSync/Mobile Device Center and set the schedule from there.

Nagual 11-21-2008 02:39 PM

So has anyone tried the ActiveSync killer program? Recommended or not?

shadeone 11-21-2008 03:02 PM

tried activesync killer program... didnt work for me...

maybe im doing something wrong?

shade

aznmode 11-21-2008 04:26 PM

Wow. So I opened up Activesync and then Menu > Connections. Unchecked "Syncronize All PC's using this connection". Now when I unplug the phone off the charger, it actually goes to 99% battery. Before it would just drop to 95% and quickly to 93% in less than a minute. I unplugged it about 5 min ago. Now its down to 98%.

Nagual 11-21-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 534384)
Wow. So I opened up Activesync and then Menu > Connections. Unchecked "Syncronize All PC's using this connection". Now when I unplug the phone off the charger, it actually goes to 99% battery. Before it would just drop to 95% and quickly to 93% in less than a minute. I unplugged it about 5 min ago. Now its down to 98%.

Don't know why I didn't try that before, but will now. Doubt it'll prevent it from running on the device sometimes, but every little bit helps.

aznmode 11-21-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 534411)
Don't know why I didn't try that before, but will now. Doubt it'll prevent it from running on the device sometimes, but every little bit helps.

So after about 45 minutes and being on the phone for about 5 minutes and used google w/gps for about 5 min. Im now down to 85%. hmm...doesn't seem to be a huge improvement as I thought. I'll have to check this again tomorrow.