PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Help! HTC Touch Pro won't boot!!! Resolved (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43791)

ignisuti 11-08-2008 04:33 AM

Help! HTC Touch Pro won't boot!!! Resolved

Complete noob here.

I was installing the HTC Home Customizer on my new HTC Touch Pro phone and there was a problem with the installation that caused me to reset the phone. Well, now the phone won't reboot!! It hangs right after Windows Mobile 6.1 loads.

I've attempted a hard reset, but no luck.

I've been doing a little research and am thinking I need to flash a new ROM from the bootloader, but am not having any luck getting this going. Any help or alternative suggestions are greatly appreicated.

parkjam 11-08-2008 04:45 AM

Re: Help! HTC Touch Pro won't boot!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisuti (Post 505426)
Complete noob here.

I was installing the HTC Home Customizer on my new HTC Touch Pro phone and there was a problem with the installation that caused me to reset the phone. Well, now the phone won't reboot!! It hangs right after Windows Mobile 6.1 loads.

I've attempted a hard reset, but no luck.

I've been doing a little research and am thinking I need to flash a new ROM from the bootloader, but am not having any luck getting this going. Any help or alternative suggestions are greatly appreicated.

I would guess that you installed a QVGA version of home customizer and that was your issue. Also, the TP does not have HTC home, so the program itself is useless. Are you positive that you did the hard reset properly? Turn the phone off and then hold the Volume Down, Center, and power on buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until the phone pops up a screen saying that you must press volume up (or power, I can't quite remember) to restore the phone to factory defaults or some such thing like that. Follow the onscreen instructions and you should be good to go!:headbang:

bobross 11-08-2008 04:47 AM

You mentioned that you "attempted" a hard reset. So were you actually able to do it? If not, turn off the phone then hold down the Volume down button+Center Dpad button+power button for a few seconds. Then follow the instructions to hard reset. Otherwise, get into the boot loader and flash the stock rom.

edit: looks like I was beaten to the punch

ignisuti 11-08-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkjam (Post 505431)
Are you positive that you did the hard reset properly? Turn the phone off and then hold the Volume Down, Center, and power on buttons at the same time.

Am I sure I did it right? What a silly question... :protest:

Turns out I didn't! I didn't realize holding the power button was part of that process. ](*,)

Got it going again. You guys are great! THANKS!!! =D>