PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Shozu: Geotag your Photos and upload them to flickr, picasaweb, etc automagically (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42907)

stanmarsh01 11-03-2008 05:43 PM

Shozu: Geotag your Photos and upload them to flickr, picasaweb, etc automagically

Just posted this in the geotag photo thread, but thought it deserved more exposure because it's so convenient and it DOES work and geotag properly for the Touch Pro.

I've used Shozu for geotagging since my mogul. Just tested it and works great on touch pro. It's a one-stop shop: take picture using HTC camera app, shozu geotags it for you, then asks if you want to send it to your flickr, photobucket, facebook, twitter, picasaweb site or whatever you use. It's great. No more manually uploading pics. Just make sure you tick the checkbox in shozu to enable geotagging. One weird thing... it doesn't geotag if you don't send the image, but since I usually want to share my pics anyways, no big deal.

www.shozu.com

they have a crazy laundry lists of sites they can automagically upload your stuff to.
http://www.shozu.com/portal/tour.do?operation=where

MadlyAlive 11-03-2008 05:46 PM

Re: Shozu: Geotag your Photos and upload them to flickr, photobucket, etc automagical

Awesome. I'm going to give it a shot!

stanmarsh01 11-03-2008 05:55 PM

Re: Shozu: Geotag your Photos and upload them to flickr, photobucket, etc automagical

So the geotagging works fine for flickr & picasaweb. But for some reason photobucket strips them out.

Hangtime79 11-04-2008 04:23 PM

Re: Shozu: Geotag your Photos and upload them to flickr, picasaweb, etc automagically

Like what I see in the Shozu app, but are you using the MMS version or the actual application? If you downloaded the application and installed it for which HTC phone did you download? Thanks!

mabru2001 11-04-2008 06:52 PM

Re: Shozu: Geotag your Photos and upload them to flickr, picasaweb, etc automagically

If you want a good program to geotag without uploading try GPS today www.geoterrestrial.com
I worked with him to get it working properly for the TP because the TP for some reason was tagging all pictures on its own with 000000's Just go to the forum to get the TP version.

stanmarsh01 11-05-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangtime79 (Post 496335)
Like what I see in the Shozu app, but are you using the MMS version or the actual application? If you downloaded the application and installed it for which HTC phone did you download? Thanks!

I think I picked the Mogul (ppc 6800) from Sprint. Even though that's a QVGA phone, shozu still shows up in VGA on the touch pro.

fatlard 11-05-2008 10:07 PM

I tried loading the PPC6800 version as well as the HTC Touch Dual version... .. For some odd reason it comes out tooo small..

All the font and stuff are too small.

mabru2001 11-05-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlard (Post 499598)
I tried loading the PPC6800 version as well as the HTC Touch Dual version... .. For some odd reason it comes out tooo small..

All the font and stuff are too small.

Use Advantage version :D

fatlard 11-05-2008 10:56 PM

Thanks

schettj 11-05-2008 11:19 PM

I really like shozu as well, for a couple reasons

You can set it and forget it... just take photos and they go poof! wherever you had set up, without asking, if that's what you want it to do.

Uploads once from your phone and then posts multiple places (if you want)

Has its own RSS feed of your recent uploads, pointing to full resolution images..

Geotagging.

It's a great app/service