PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   The New HTC Album (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42895)

tphone 11-03-2008 04:12 PM

The New HTC Album

On the old HTC Album I installed on my mogul, I was able to rotate the pictures with a 'half circle' gesture on the screen. This option appears to be gone in the new Album.
I know there is a sensor for automatically rotating to portrait or landscape when you rotate the phone, but I want to be able to manually rotate a photo in addition to this feature.

Say, you took a picture with the TP upside-down. You would be able to see it in all it's upside-down glory whichever way you tilted the phone, but you can't just rotate the photo around on the screen to always have it right side up again.
I just discovered this morning that this option is no longer available while looking at some old mogul photos on my memory card. And, I don't see a menu item for rotating a photo. either.

Anyone find a solution, even an obvious one I missed? I'd like to know.
Thanks

TurboFool 11-03-2008 04:17 PM

Re: The New HTC Album

Yeah, I noticed this the first day. Kind of annoyed me. I guess they're assuming the only reason we rotate photos is to make them fit the screen better. I had to use the Windows Mobile picture app to rotate my pictures that were set wrong. Still, there are instances where a photo is right, but you want to see it from a different angle. The current Album app doesn't allow for that. It also provides no editing abilities or the ability to move photos, which is unfortunate, as it doesn't completely replace the clunky built-in stuff.

hibby50 11-03-2008 04:18 PM

um tilt the device... g sensor does it for you

gostars9 11-03-2008 04:19 PM

+1 This annoys me also. If anyone comes up with a fix I'm interested.

tphone 11-03-2008 04:21 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist.

UM, DID YOU ACTUALLY READ MY POST??

;)

hibby50 11-03-2008 04:22 PM

was that at me? if so... what

tphone 11-03-2008 04:25 PM

Yep, Hibby50, but no offense intended. I pretty much spelled out what the sensor does and doesn't do. And you can't, for instance, turn a photo over.

gostars9 11-03-2008 04:25 PM

the problem is if you have a picture saved on your phone that is sideways.. if you turn it, the picture is STILL sideways because the screen reorientates, but that doesn't change the fact that the picture was saved sideways. We need to be able to turn the picture without the screen changing positions to view it correctly.

hibby50 11-03-2008 04:28 PM

oh no offense taken i just didnt see it

TurboFool 11-03-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 493975)
oh no offense taken i just didnt see it

I know, but that was kind of the point. This isn't just to you, but we all need to make more effort to actually read the post before replying. I remember last time I posted questions and also specifically stated which two solutions I had tried without success, the first two replies I got were to try the exact two things I had stated didn't work.