PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Waking up by itself (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42844)

pyroz 11-03-2008 10:52 AM

Touch Pro Waking up by itself

I have this problem with my touch pro. It wakes up by itself for no reason and it's killing my battery. This didn't happen to my old TP, which was returned to BBY for other reasons.

I have mail2web push email. Do you think the data connection is doing this?

Baffles 11-03-2008 10:55 AM

Re: Touch Pro Waking up by itself

Are you kicking in and out of roaming?

gusterfan76 11-03-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 493275)
Are you kicking in and out of roaming?

I was going to say something about the backlight settings potentially causing a problem on my TP, but now that you mention it, this only happened at a bar that is notorious for having no signal, so the roaming idea is probably correct. Thanks!

Baffles 11-03-2008 11:09 AM

If I set my phone to roaming only it helps some, however the TP is much better than my Mogul was about staying on roaming on automatic mode it seems. Before it would switch every few minutes, annihilating my battery. The TP will only change a few times an hour sitting on my desk. Still bad, but it helps.

stroths 11-03-2008 01:56 PM

I ran into this issue today at work. I sometimes get a spotty signal there while other days its fine. This morning, it would alternate between EVDO, 1x and roaming. Every switch would turn the screen on making me think I had a new message. I ended up plugging it into my charger and setting it face down.

I wish there was a way to make the screen stay off even when swithing to roaming or 1x.

John Lessnau 11-03-2008 02:03 PM

Not sure if this will help, but with my last phone, a 700p treo, I did a lot of installing 3rd party programs to test them out. Then one day my backlight just started coming on for no reason. I ended up clearing out all programs I installed and started from scratch reinstalling them one at a time. The problem went away.

MadlyAlive 11-03-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 493617)
I ran into this issue today at work. I sometimes get a spotty signal there while other days its fine. This morning, it would alternate between EVDO, 1x and roaming. Every switch would turn the screen on making me think I had a new message. I ended up plugging it into my charger and setting it face down.

I wish there was a way to make the screen stay off even when swithing to roaming or 1x.

I also experience this...have with every Sprint PPC I've had. Driving Scottsdale at McCormick (for those familiar with Scottsdale) to/from work wakes my phone up. It's like clockwork every morning. I pass the light, look down, the screen comes on, I turn it off and keep driving.

mdodge 11-03-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 493300)
If I set my phone to roaming only it helps some, however the TP is much better than my Mogul was about staying on roaming on automatic mode it seems. Before it would switch every few minutes, annihilating my battery. The TP will only change a few times an hour sitting on my desk. Still bad, but it helps.

Dumb question prolly but how did you set it to roam only? Mine is also switching back and forth. Not only does it kill the battery but when if its laying on my desk and i see the screen turn on i think (here comes a txt msg) then i realize its just bouncing coverage again lol