PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Retention Offer Revoked : EMT Dprt???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42497)

hibby50 11-01-2008 10:03 AM

Re: Retention Offer Revoked : EMT Dprt????

I understand what you mean.... well, best of luck.

fatlard 11-01-2008 10:15 AM

Listen, I had the same problem yesterday. I had two ... yes two confirmations on the phone with retentions of $199 for Touch Pro. I am out of contract on SERO.

The first confirmation of $199 with 2 year contract extension was a couple of weeks ago. The second came yesterday.

So here is the story, I called retentions about 2:30pm and they said to call back Sunday because they did not have any stock but said I can get it for $199 when it is available. The retentions rep said that he will notate the account. I figure okay.. great news and nice confirmation of the first offer.. but being impatient, i decided to call telesales to order.

I hung up with retentions at 3pm and called telesales for a 3 way call. Well this time retentions said that I do not qualify for a $199 Touch Pro. I was like WTF. I just talked to you guys half an hour ago! and one guy said I can get $199. The new rep said that he did not see a notation. I asked about a notation a couple of weeks ago.. but no mention of $199 anywhere. He said to call back Monday and he will tell me my best price.. but $299 is the best they can offer ... WTF!!! He even talked to the supervisor

If they do not give me $199 for the then I am going to bail. I can not deal with a company that promises me one thing and then declines in half hour later.

MaskedLion 11-01-2008 10:21 AM

I have dealt with EMT before and they appear to have the easiest job at Sprint because they always say yes when I have dealt with them. Just tell them you have the documentation and don't be offensive, not saying that you would just saying.

chedda_chez 11-01-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlard (Post 489417)
Listen, I had the same problem yesterday. I had two ... yes two confirmations on the phone with retentions of $199 for Touch Pro. I am out of contract on SERO.

The first confirmation of $199 with 2 year contract extension was a couple of weeks ago. The second came yesterday.

So here is the story, I called retentions about 2:30pm and they said to call back Sunday because they did not have any stock but said I can get it for $199 when it is available. The retentions rep said that he will notate the account. I figure okay.. great news and nice confirmation of the first offer.. but being impatient, i decided to call telesales to order.

I hung up with retentions at 3pm and called telesales for a 3 way call. Well this time retentions said that I do not qualify for a $199 Touch Pro. I was like WTF. I just talked to you guys half an hour ago! and one guy said I can get $199. The new rep said that he did not see a notation. I asked about a notation a couple of weeks ago.. but no mention of $199 anywhere. He said to call back Monday and he will tell me my best price.. but $299 is the best they can offer ... WTF!!! He even talked to the supervisor

If they do not give me $199 for the then I am going to bail. I can not deal with a company that promises me one thing and then declines in half hour later.

Its like hit & miss with these guys, one finds it and the next doesn't. its complete BS. same exact thing happened to me but now my account is frozen until i talk with the EMT Dprt which can take up to 24 hrs to call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedLion (Post 489426)
I have dealt with EMT before and they appear to have the easiest job at Sprint because they always say yes when I have dealt with them. Just tell them you have the documentation and don't be offensive, not saying that you would just saying.

thank you very much for your reply, im usually a patient cat, or at least try to be. the whole "24 hr wait period" is kind of a bitter sweet feeling. i would like to take care of it right away but im glad it does give you time to calm down, collect your thoughts and get some ammo ready for the "WAR". lmfao

thanks guys for all your replies.

-Chez

ls3mach 11-01-2008 10:38 AM

I have a case in for EMT. It has been over a week and 3+ emails and 10+ calls and still have not spoken with the representative who is supposed to help me.

chedda_chez 11-01-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 489446)
I have a case in for EMT. It has been over a week and 3+ emails and 10+ calls and still have not spoken with the representative who is supposed to help me.

WHOA!!!! what do you mean? i thought they called within 24 Hrs.

-Chez

man, does anyone have Dans e-mail addy. ;)

hibby50 11-01-2008 10:42 AM

dan......?

Baffles 11-01-2008 10:44 AM

dan@sprint.com ? :P

MaskedLion 11-01-2008 10:46 AM

Unfortunately is sounds like the experiences are varied even for the small group of us when dealing with the small group of Sprint's EMT. I know that is not what we want, and I doubt that is what Sprint wants. Might be a good topic to discuss with them if things don;t go your way.

[sammich] 11-01-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chedda_chez (Post 489450)
WHOA!!!! what do you mean? i thought they called within 24 Hrs.

-Chez

man, does anyone have Dans e-mail addy. ;)

dan@sprint.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 489456)
dan......?

Get with the program, hibby! Dan Hesse!