PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   provisioning on sprint network (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42338)

acme64 10-30-2008 09:55 PM

provisioning on sprint network

What the heck is provisioning and why won't my phone do it? its been 3 days and my data services still aren't working :protest:

Airhead315 10-30-2008 09:58 PM

Re: provisioning on sprint network

Everyone that I know of who has purchased their phone through best buy has had to follow a process to get their internet working. I called sprint when I got mine and they ended up instructing me to do a hard reset by entering a bunch of digits into the phone ##????## or something. then it began working just fine.

Airhead315 10-30-2008 09:59 PM

there are instructions in the manual for doing a hard reset. Try that first, remember, doing this will erase everything you have added to the internal storage on the phone(it wont mess with the microSD card however. BUT, if you enabled encryption on the SD card you will have to get all your data off it it before doing the hard reset otherwise the new install wont be able to read it.

Baffles 10-30-2008 10:08 PM

I bought from BB and my data was working right away after they activated my phone. They made sure it was working at BB before I even left.... of course I was just a basic upgrade from Mogul to Touch Pro, so my provisioning didn't have to change at all, just the ESN.

knives of ice 10-30-2008 10:19 PM

i had to enter ##3282#, click "edit", enter the MSL unlock code (which you can get from sprint support or by doing an ESN swap online), then click "menu", then "restore". then soft reset the phone, then run "update profile". finally after all that, net access worked

detwilers 10-30-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acme64 (Post 486670)
What the heck is provisioning and why won't my phone do it? its been 3 days and my data services still aren't working :protest:

Second Post in this thread is what got it working for me. If you don't have the unlock code you will need to call sprint to get it to get in to do the reset.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41996

gmfeny 10-30-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acme64 (Post 486670)

lol dont try to fix it yourself just call sprint

Ele7eN 10-30-2008 10:37 PM

Start -> Settings -> System Tab
Run "Update Profile"

That fixed mine.

imfillinit 10-30-2008 10:41 PM

i work for sprint. one thing that helps when provisioning this device when you go to "START>SYSTEM>UPDATE PROFILE" is to make sure that the phone is set into sprint mode only and to turn off the roaming setting.

if that does not work, power cycle your phone once you set the radio to sprint mode only, then run the update profile. that should get it to work. The Diamond had the same issue as well.

MadlyAlive 10-30-2008 10:57 PM

This process also worked for me (had to call Sprint the night I bought the phone from BB to do this).

Call Sprint and they'll walk you through editing the profile.

From the phone menu: ##3282#
Click Edit
Enter in your MSL Code (you'll need it from Sprint)
Under Active Profile, change from 0 to 1
Click OK and Save. Device will soft reset.
Then go to Start, Settings, System and choose Update Profile.

Once it's complete it will tell you that no update is available, but try the Internet and it will work.