PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TF3D Sprint Music tab and LOTS of audio files? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42291)

Ezrem 10-30-2008 03:48 PM

TF3D Sprint Music tab and LOTS of audio files?

So I have an 8GB microSD, and I loaded it up with about 7 gigs worth of audio.

Every time I land on the Sprint Music tab in TF3D, my phone basically locks for about a minute. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do about this/will it get better eventually? Or does the Sprint Music app just suck?

I know it's not the performance of my card, because when I copy tracks to the card using my laptop, it copies at around 10mb/sec. I also have Conduits PocketPlayer installed and the library performs just fine in that application.

hibby50 10-30-2008 04:09 PM

Re: TF3D Sprint Music tab and LOTS of audio files?

well i just disabled that tab cause it lags to much

Ezrem 10-30-2008 08:43 PM

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, because if I accidentally hit it, I'm done.

I wish there was a way to make the tab work, control another program or something, like HTC Home Customizer would do for AudioManager.

nesta17 10-30-2008 10:58 PM

I have the same issue with about 1000 songs on an 8 gig card. Touch SLOWW3D.

How do you disable it? Or change it.

Baffles 10-30-2008 11:10 PM

It already uses audiomanager.... I must have a media file it doesnt' like someplace because if I hit the tab, several minutes later I get an audiomanager crash.

pg2k3 10-30-2008 11:11 PM

Same thing happens in TouchFlo2D. That tab is basically just a frontend for HTC Audio Manager which is the main reason it causes so much lag.

ds1w 10-31-2008 01:15 PM

so, is there no good way to use the TF3d/ htc audio manager? I put some songs on the SD card, which it found. When I removed the songs from the card, the artist name and album name still appears in the music app. Anyone know how to deal with that?

Ezrem 10-31-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ds1w (Post 487916)
so, is there no good way to use the TF3d/ htc audio manager? I put some songs on the SD card, which it found. When I removed the songs from the card, the artist name and album name still appears in the music app. Anyone know how to deal with that?

Yeah, I had this issue too. I just removed the tab, not worth the hassle.

Conduits Pocket Player is much better, anyway. I just wish it supported m4b files as well as it plays m4a files, so I could copy audiobooks direct out of iTunes.

pg2k3 10-31-2008 04:07 PM

Clear them out of the Audio Manager. I just got the pro today and having the same problem as you. To make things even worse is that each and every song has album art (Some of them Hi-Res) embeded inside and I think the Audio Manager is constantly reading them causing hella slowdowns. I cant wait for the custom roms to start rolling.

diomark 11-16-2008 01:27 PM

Does that tab not cache the files after the first time?

It was very laggy for me the first time I used that tab - but now it's instant - and I have ~800 songs on my 8gb card...

This is on the touch pro / sprint.
-mark