PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Exchange at Best Buy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42251)

Baffles 10-30-2008 12:10 PM

Exchange at Best Buy

So I have a tiny little scratch on my screen, hardly even noticeable, but my screen protector doesn't want to come clean so I can't get it to go on without looking ****ty. I don't know if I should try to get them to exchange it at BB by complaining about the unsensitive edges/speaker (which really aren't a big issue on my phone, screen is pretty good at the edge and the speaker seems to sound fine) or not.

I may buy some screen protectors on ebay that are labelled as being for the touch pro, but I'm not sure if they will fit or not.

I don't know what to do.... :scratch:

gissentml 10-30-2008 02:39 PM

Re: Exchange at Best Buy

to clean your screen protector. Get a microfiber cloth. Mine started fogging up and was really dirty...even when i cleaned with tissue. use a microfiber cloth. I promise with will buff your phone back new....try it on the scatch too.

as far as screen protectors. best buy sells a pack for 20 bucks. you can just cut them and change them when they get old. dont get the ones from ebay.

MadlyAlive 10-30-2008 02:46 PM

InvisibleShield. I'll stand by them til the day I die.

Cicatrize 10-30-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gissentml (Post 485586)
to clean your screen protector. Get a microfiber cloth. Mine started fogging up and was really dirty...even when i cleaned with tissue. use a microfiber cloth. I promise with will buff your phone back new....try it on the scatch too.

as far as screen protectors. best buy sells a pack for 20 bucks. you can just cut them and change them when they get old. dont get the ones from ebay.

I used those ones from BB, and they suck. They scratch easily and are difficult to put on without bubbles. The one that comes with the phone is the best type of screen protector, IMO. It's like a static one or something.

untouchablez 10-30-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 485601)

Yuuup me too. I've used them on my 6700, 700wx, Mogul, and the Touch without any problems what so ever. They are worth it imo. Now we just have to wait for them to make one for the Touch Pro & we're good lol.

Insoc 10-30-2008 03:04 PM

I have never had a better screen protector then the one I got from PPCTechs... I have Invisishield on the back of my Touch, and I know the screen protector is better...

For the Pro I would order the Crystal Clear version...

http://www.ppctechs.com/HTC-Touch-Di...hoose_unit.htm

However I am not sure a screen protector for the pro or diamond is necessary, the screen is very scratch resistant from what I understand... Real glass vs plastic maybe?

imneveral0ne 10-30-2008 03:14 PM

did i miss that the screens on our phones are glass? i was under the impression that the screen was plastic just like they were on the touch and mogul.

Theutus 10-30-2008 03:26 PM

Is it just me, or do PPCtechs and InvisibleShield not make a protector for the Touch Pro yet... CDMA of course....

Insoc 10-30-2008 10:44 PM

I just exchanged mine for a new phone due to a screen flipping issue I was suffering with. My new phone does not have a glass screen... But it seems very different from my last phone...

I liked my old screen better, I am going to go back tomorrow and compare them, assuming they still have my old phone.

Basically, my old phone screen was smooth as glass to my fingers... My new phone causes my stylus to snag, and the screen feels softer to my touch then the old one... I really believe I had two different screens... I hope I am wrong...

Cicatrize 10-30-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insoc (Post 486765)
I just exchanged mine for a new phone due to a screen flipping issue I was suffering with. My new phone does not have a glass screen... But it seems very different from my last phone...

I liked my old screen better, I am going to go back tomorrow and compare them, assuming they still have my old phone.

Basically, my old phone screen was smooth as glass to my fingers... My new phone causes my stylus to snag, and the screen feels softer to my touch then the old one... I really believe I had two different screens... I hope I am wrong...

Are you sure you didn't have the stock screen protector installed on the old one? That protector feels much smoother and glassy.

Insoc 10-30-2008 10:55 PM

No screen protector installed... I am very detail orientated and I would have noticed it. My old screen felt very solid... This new one feels very soft. I can see it compress when I touch it with the stylus. I didn't notice my old screen being soft...

I am hoping they are the same, and my new screen needs to... break in with use... But I remember the old one being very very smooth out of the box... It was a point that I was impressed with on the phone, and always enjoyed running my fingers over the screen. Not so with this one.

My old phone was manufactured on the 15th of October... The one I got today was made on the 13th of October...

stanmarsh01 10-31-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

If you want to save some money buying the same shield material from a different source, try bestskinsever.com I've been used them for my apache, mogul, ipod nano, and now I'll get one for the touch pro. They just don't have one for it yet. I emailed and they replied :We plan to add a Skin for the HTC Touch Pro to our lineup in the near future. At this time we do not have an availability date to offer.

Again, this is the SAME material as invisible shield, just cheaper (the other drawback is they have a smaller selection of devices).

One think I like is they sell DIY 9x4" sheets for $7, which were awesome for my apache or any device with a simple rectangular screen (e.g. Nintendo DS). You can get tons of protectors out of one larger sheet.

The biggest problem... your spam filter will likely catch email coming from @bestskinsever.com :lol:

Baffles 10-31-2008 10:32 AM

Those aren't very good suggestions at the moment though, as nobody seems to have anything for CDMA touch pro available.

nFKT 11-01-2008 07:16 PM

shouldn't the screen protectors for the cdma diamond work fine?

Edwood 11-01-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Invisible shield is anything but insvisible.

steb0ne 11-01-2008 07:54 PM

IMO, the one that came with it is fine, if you can put it on perfectly. I got mine on perfectly, I can't see if on there at all.

Merdinh 11-01-2008 08:18 PM

I contacted Zagg which offers the Invisible shield, and the guy told me they have ordered a Touch pro from sprint, it should be in there office within a week,and well have a screen protector and whole body from Invisible shield within 2 weeks.

pyroz 11-02-2008 02:07 AM

my phone got very uneven lighting on the keyboard and the battery is horrendous, going to exchange it tomororw at BB.

Baffles 11-02-2008 02:09 AM

Just so you know, the KB uneven lighting occurs on every TP. I don't find it to be a huge deal myself. As far as battery life, have you fully charged it?