PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Finally Released Through Telesales (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42224)

SBatL8y 10-31-2008 05:19 PM

Re: Touch Pro Finally Released Through Telesales

WOOOOOT! I just tried again. *2 from my phone. Was transferred to telesales even after I said order support (order support said they can't order phones) Told telesales I wanted to order a phone, told her I wanted the Touch Pro. She said she'd check on what rebates I could get, and asked if I knew. I said I spoke with retentions yesterday, but they couldn't order phones for customers, but that they were noting my account that I could get the $150 off and the $100 MIR. She put me on hold for a few minutes, came back, and said I indeed can get that pricing. I did, however, have to pay $18 for activation and $12 for shipping. I didn't bother complaining about that since I got a steal for the phone ($299 after $150 instant savings and $100 MIR) Hell yea!!!

Baffles 10-31-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saqer (Post 485549)
Just got it through EVP with overnight shipping for $12. In addition to the $399 they'll bill my account for an $18 activation fee :/, but I'll be getting a $100 MIR too once that's filled out.

No offense, but why would you deal with EVP and the wait if you weren't getting a deal? Best buy was cheaper than that, with no MIRs to mess with.

SBatL8y 10-31-2008 05:51 PM

Hmmmmm. So I emailed Sprint earlier about problems with my phone. The guy emailed me back (after I had already ordered the phone as posted above) and offered to give me $175 off a new phone (no MIR) I could purchase any new phone at a Sprint store, get my $75 off that I'm qualified for. Then email the guy once I activate my phone and he'll credit my account the other $100.

Now, I just ordered the Touch Pro for $299 through telesales (including MIR) before I got this guy's email. So I think after I activate it, I might email this guy and see if he'll credit my account the $100. Even though I didn't only get the $75 off like he thought I would. I got $150 off and the $100 MIR. He said the additional $100 off was for "looking at your loyalty and your long-standing association with Sprint, I offer you an additional rebate of $100.00 from my side against the purchase of a new PCS Phone." I'm totally gonna email the guy and see if he does it. That means I'd get the Touch Pro for $199!!!

Plus, I'm probably gonna sell my Razr2 for around $150!! WOOHOOOOO

wrecks 10-31-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 488537)
No offense, but why would you deal with EVP and the wait if you weren't getting a deal? Best buy was cheaper than that, with no MIRs to mess with.

In my case, Bestbuy here does not deal with sprint (we only have 2 on this island), also the EVP employee discount is immediately effective on your phone plan, can't get the phone quicker than sprint stores here, and didn't have to deal with telesales madness.

twe90kid 10-31-2008 05:58 PM

jsut called sero again and got rejected right wheni said HTC touch pro.
they said it's not available for purchase unless your an employee

SurfDan5 10-31-2008 06:32 PM

[quote=SBatL8y;488571

Plus, I'm probably gonna sell my Razr2 for around $150!! WOOHOOOOO[/quote]

Good luck selling your Razr2 i have one and its the biggest piece of crap. It never works right. I too will be selling mine once my touch pro comes.

musicguy980 10-31-2008 06:56 PM

just got off the phone with telesales. Touch pro should be own it's way. Do you guys know if it was shipped out tommorow would it be here by monday.

sn0b0ard 10-31-2008 07:03 PM

Just got it today. Ordered it through employee telesales yesterday. It's a bit thick, but the screen looks sharper and more vivid than the Diamond I have.

DeePDA 10-31-2008 07:05 PM

I'm sooooo jealous, this phone has been pushed back far too many times. Does anybody know when the Telus release is? I'm aching like I've never ached before waiting for this phone. Now I know how some of you feel. We got the Diamond before the US this summer, and I had my fingers crossed for the TP since I much prefer the full keyboard.
Alas, you are ordering yours and I'm still waiting for an official release.

2kry4 10-31-2008 11:58 PM

Got mine today at the sprint store, telesales was giving me a hard time since i upgraded awhile back for the sorry instinct but i returned it within the same week and the upgrade never got reversed. I just went back to the same sprint store and got it for $299 + $18 upgrade fee and $70 credit on the account. Woohoo