PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Finally Released Through Telesales (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42224)

Dr.8820 10-30-2008 06:28 PM

Re: Touch Pro Finally Released Through Telesales

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBatL8y (Post 486206)
Well, that would never work for me seeing how my monthly bill is $30/month. If I could JUST get this phone for under $400, I'd probably do it. I just can't see paying more than that after what I paid for my Razr2 V9m last year, ugh.

I've even complained multiple times about my current phone. The # button doesn't work that well anymore, making it almost impossible, or at least VERY annoying to text, seeing how # is the space button in texting. I've complained about battery life. I've complained about how much I paid for this phone and how paying $1000 for two phones in 13 months is insanity. I've offered to trade up my phone. I've threatened cancelling. I've complained about the screw up over my account not showing up as Sero. Seriously, I don't know what else to try.

Do you people simply just call up and say "what can you offer me"? Cause what I get with that is "we can offer you $75 off." And nothing more.

if you constantly threaten to cancel all the time,they will say screw it and let you.you can't say it all the time.review my other post and come up with something creative.email them but be persistant.one question:how long have you been with sprint?

SBatL8y 10-30-2008 06:35 PM

Response to 1st question: Actually, when I threatened to cancel, she did say she could note my account that I should get a $100 credit, but that it was telesales' choice whether or not they wanted to honor it. But even with the $75, and the $100, which I may or may not get after I activate, that still puts the phone at just over $400.

Response to 2nd post: I haven't continuously threatened at all. Just the one time today. As posted above, when I did threaten to cancel, I got "well, because you are thinking of cancelling, I can note your account...." etc.

I was totally nice and upbeat the times I called. Trying to not sound like a b*tch, or like I was trying to MAKE them give me anything. Just a friendly customer. I was put on hold for 24 minutes by one person. Then finally hung up. They actually called me back, and put me on 3-way with telesales and retentions, and apologized that $75 off was the best they could do.

And I did try emailing them, but after I typed it all out, it said my character limit was 1200, and what I typed was totally erased. So then I gave up, cause that pissed me off, lol.

I'm not really sure how much more creative I can get??

Do you have another email besides going through the website? I tried googling it, but didn't find anything.

bullet2300 10-30-2008 06:43 PM

Just got e-mailed that my phone shipped but look at the bottom!!!

Shipped Via: UPS
Shipping Method: Overnight: Next Day PM
Estimated Delivery Date: 11/03/2008

NOOOOOOooooooo... erhm.. Hopefully that is their estimate and not USPs..

lili4311 10-30-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBatL8y (Post 486235)
Response to 1st question: Actually, when I threatened to cancel, she did say she could note my account that I should get a $100 credit, but that it was telesales' choice whether or not they wanted to honor it. But even with the $75, and the $100, which I may or may not get after I activate, that still puts the phone at just over $400.

Response to 2nd post: I haven't continuously threatened at all. Just the one time today. As posted above, when I did threaten to cancel, I got "well, because you are thinking of cancelling, I can note your account...." etc.

I was totally nice and upbeat the times I called. Trying to not sound like a b*tch, or like I was trying to MAKE them give me anything. Just a friendly customer. I was put on hold for 24 minutes by one person. Then finally hung up. They actually called me back, and put me on 3-way with telesales and retentions, and apologized that $75 off was the best they could do.

And I did try emailing them, but after I typed it all out, it said my character limit was 1200, and what I typed was totally erased. So then I gave up, cause that pissed me off, lol.

I'm not really sure how much more creative I can get??

Do you have another email besides going through the website? I tried googling it, but didn't find anything.

My email got cut out too, but they still called back by that night. I got to the part about which phones will be comparible to my Mogul

Dr.8820 10-30-2008 06:44 PM

i am perplexed as to why they won't work with you.maybe just step back for just a little bit,and give it a go later.i just don't see them trying to lose a customer.

cobrakidd03 10-30-2008 06:46 PM

Order Summary

Order Number:
Order Line Details
----------------------------------
Product Details: HTC Touch PRO
Quantity: 1
SKU: PPC6850SP
Promotion Code:

imcoolerthanyouare77 10-30-2008 06:46 PM

I'm always calm, collected, and polite. I have never gotten pissed or threatened to cancel, and so far I've not paid anything for a new phone since I got my Apache back in the day. You just have to be very, VERY patient. It took me over 10 calls and probably 15 people today to finally get what I wanted. Anytime they ask if I can hold I say "Absolutely, take your time", anytime they ask how I'm doing I say "I'm fantastic, and how are you?" I don't mind being someone's best freakin' friend for 5 minutes if it saves me half a grand.

SBatL8y 10-30-2008 06:46 PM

What do I say when I call exactly? Any help appreciated.

BeLikMike23 10-30-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBatL8y (Post 485660)
OMG. HOW in the heck did you do this? I qualify for the one year $75 instant savings. How did you get $150 AND the MIR? Which plan do you have? I have the $30 plan, and so I never qualify for the MIR because my plan isn't high enough (I think they require a plan of $34.99 or over, or something)

Thanks for any help!!

Honestly I don't really know how it ended up that way, but I was having issues with my Mogul and requested a clean swap for the TP, and they said the best they could do is give me the full upgrade amount of $150. I guess depending on who you speak with, you can end up with certain results. Good luck, I hope you get what you want.

Dr.8820 10-30-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBatL8y (Post 486252)
What do I say when I call exactly? Any help appreciated.

i read your earlier post and didn't see how long have you been with sprint.your tenure might go a long way.