PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How big is your MicroSDHC card and speed? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42161)

ymarker 10-29-2008 05:29 PM

How big is your MicroSDHC card and speed?

Just curious what size MicroSDHC card people are buying for the phone and class/speed (2/4/6).

I'm thinking of getting 8Gb, but would love to get 16gb if any good deals float around. Not sure if the TP can utilize the 6MB/s speeds of Class 6 cards. Anyone know?

jbbosu 10-29-2008 05:38 PM

Re: How big is your MicroSDHC card and speed?

I just ordered a 16B card...not sure what speed it is though!

BTW, I got mine from provantage.com $80 shipped.

Young_breedent 10-29-2008 05:43 PM

I have a 16gb from sandisk and it is class 2....what are the differences in class???? Do they cost more??? Are they really that much faster???

I got mine from Best Buy when i bought my touch pro they only had one and i thought that it would be the best that sandisk offered but i didn't realize it was class 2 until i read this thread and checked my card. But the speeds are very fast in comparison to some other micro and mini sd cards i have used.

ymarker 10-29-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 483732)
I have a 16gb from sandisk and it is class 2....what are the differences in class???? Do they cost more??? Are they really that much faster???

I got mine from Best Buy when i bought my touch pro they only had one and i thought that it would be the best that sandisk offered but i didn't realize it was class 2 until i read this thread and checked my card. But the speeds are very fast in comparison to some other micro and mini sd cards i have used.

Class 2 = 2MB/s
Class 4 = 4MB/s
Class 6 = 6MB/s

i360 10-29-2008 05:46 PM

I have a Sandisk 8GB class 4 or 6 card in my TP with no problems.

I do like the ability to choose either sync or storage device when you plug the TP to your computer.
I'm looking for another 8GB card for movies soon.

Cicatrize 10-29-2008 05:46 PM

The class is the MB/s of transfer speed. Class 2 is 2MB/s, 4 is 4MB/s, etc.

I haven't seen anything over 4MB/s for micro SD cards (at least not for 8GB and up), but yes, it does make a difference. It's not a noticeable 100% increase in speed, but it is noticeable.

I'm currently just running my 4GB class 2.

Class 4's are generally quite a bit more expensive than the class 2's.

themuffinman 10-29-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbbosu (Post 483721)
I just ordered a 16B card...not sure what speed it is though!

BTW, I got mine from provantage.com $80 shipped.

I am so tempted to get one of those 16gb cards but I just cant do it yet. I mean I have a 6gb in my mogul right now that I have maxed out before and I can get an 8gb card $20 so a 16gb card at 4x the price is just crazy to me.

eb3604 10-29-2008 05:48 PM

8gb class 4

jbbosu 10-29-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 483740)
I am so tempted to get one of those 16gb cards but I just cant do it yet. I mean I have a 6gb in my mogul right now that I have maxed out before and I can get an 8gb card $20 so a 16gb card at 4x the price is just crazy to me.

Considering 8GBs were like $150 when they first came out, $80 for a 16GB doesn't seem too bad.

toinejuan 10-29-2008 05:50 PM

I will have my TP next week, I currently have a 4gb micro sd class 6 sitting here. There is a noticeable difference when your watching movies or listening to music cause they load up faster with faster class. I had a class 4 when I had a 2gb my 4 is really fast, it's just laying around right now cause I can't put it in my Diamond.