PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible defect or similiar on everyone elses

Just noticed something,and just wanted to check with others here...Under the screen and the HTC logo..the pads that we push for the home button etc...are yours flush with the screen up top or slightly elevated?

The left side corner of the pad plate ill call it,seems raised slightly above the screen that if you run your finger over it,its not flush.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:16 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Possible defect or similiar on everyone elses

it seems like people are just trying to nitpick at things since they got the darn phone. if its 1/100th of a centimeter higher than the rest of the screen, what does it really matter? yes i have seen it on mine by looking at it. but it doesnt make my phone work any better/worse. i would honestly not have noticed it if you didnt point it out, and now that i have, it makes no difference. please though, take your phone back to best buy and tell them you want a new phone for 1/100th of a centimeter its pointing out above the rest of the phone. you'll get the same "problem" every time.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tower is a n00b

well for one I was asking a general question so kindly take the attitude elsewhere where it belongs.I dont see anywhere in my question anything about a complaint,just a curious question if others had the same thing as well.

My main concern,tho I really dont have to explain it to you,is the possiblity of this offest growing worse over time to the point where it MIGHT have a change of being caught inside a holster or another case thus making it worse...

But thank you for the swift reply regardless
Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Just noticed something,and just wanted to check with others here...Under the screen and the HTC logo..the pads that we push for the home button etc...are yours flush with the screen up top or slightly elevated?

The left side corner of the pad plate ill call it,seems raised slightly above the screen that if you run your finger over it,its not flush.
lol its funny that you mention this, I noticed this on my phone yesterday morning. but so far it hasn't been a issue for me.... and when I push it down it stays flush for a while, as long as it doesn't worsen and fall off or something lol im fine with it. It's definitely not as noticeable in person as it is in some of these pictures (I love my camera lol) p.s: the diamond doesn't appear to have this problem, my uncles is absolutely flush.

<-- THis last picture makes it look twice as thick on the side thats not flush because of the reflection on the screen, the other pictures are a more accurate representation.

I anticipated when i got this phone that it would have little quirks, that's a chance I was willing to take just to get it first. but so far im really pleased with it.
Again, the camera I took it with is very powerful so it looks alot more noticeable in these pictures than it actually does in person... but this is attentional because I wanted you to actually see what it is the first post was talking about.

it will stay flush for a while when I press it as you can see below.

but eventually ill notice its up again.

*update*

as the picture above shows I pushed it back in.... so far its been about 3hrs... and iv been using it the entire time... and it hasn't popped back up yet... so maybe i actually snapped it back into place or something..... ill keep you posted i guess.. and update tomorrow lol

*update*
well heres you update it won't stay down lol same result as always. i can push it back use it and it will stay down but eventually ill notice its back up again... so thats that ...

Etherway, yes I do agree they do need to get it right, but as far as I am concerned unless It worsens or interferes with the functionality of the phone for me I'm not going to replace this phone, I'm sorta proud to have one of the first drafts of this product... besides I fear if I was to ever replace it I might fine something different wrong with the replacement, and then gets caught in some sort of endless cycle...

*edit*

Gosh! all of you guyz comments are starting to change my mind and make me want to replace it! lol, only problem is I already set it up perfectly! lol I don't want to do all that again! lol. also I feel like I'm not guaranteed to get a replacement that doesn't have the same problem, its not like it wasn't flush when i first got it, it just becomes like that over time AFTER you use it for a while lol so there's no way for me to tell by looking at it in the store... but what sux the most is that I know I need to make this choice now while I'm still eligible for a no fuss return to bestbuy.

Last edited by gxnext; 10-30-2008 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 10-28-2008, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tower is a n00b

oh dont get me wrong..I love it as well..it was just something I noticed..Lol I have so many people at my job impressed with it that they are also seriously considering picking it up.It far better then the Mogul I came from.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

look im sorry, your thread was just the last one that i read. I just feel that there isnt anything so far that is wrong with this phone. it almost seems that people are getting bored with not flashing their phones so they are just looking at them in every different light to see what they can find wrong with it, instead of focusing on how awesome this phone is. every phone has its flaws, but i personally dont need people pointing out useless flaws to me. if the phone eventually, gets some offset worse over time, then thats what your insurance is there for. I dont see it rising much more than it already is though. my money says your gonna be good to go. I hope I'm right, and if im not, then its only a phone call away if something happens.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Xo0oM is becoming a great contributor

My phone has the same issue with the home button. The button comes so far up sometimes that when I push it down, it literally snaps back into position.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

My TP is the same. No big deal as long as it doesn't pop out. At this point I just want to be able to answer calls and hear them clearly. lol....
Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

enyce9 is a n00b

same issue here
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan

Mine looks exactly like the pic posted above.....No big deal.....I'm good with it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro