PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Who Will Be Keeping Their Stock Rom? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41950)

p-slim 10-28-2008 01:40 AM

Who Will Be Keeping Their Stock Rom?

I can't believe it, but I actually like my Sprint custom rom. I like it so much I think even when the rom updates come pouring our from our leaders that I just might keep this one for awhile. What is the consensus out there? Please post after you've played with it for awhile.

SBR_L3GION 10-28-2008 01:59 AM

Re: Who Will Be Keeping Their Stock Rom?

i will definitely playin around with this machine. with all the upgrades we have given devices with so much less hardware and potential imagine what you can do with this device. how speedy it could the options are endless i cannot wait for the customization to begin.

gxnext 10-28-2008 02:06 AM

The only way im straying from the stock rom anytime soon is if a custom rom is a unofficial version of wm 7 or at least comparable in upgrade value and if theres no official version of course. I don't see any custom rom upgrades being as necessary for me as they where for the 6700 and may have been for even the mogul at times, in my case it was up until the moguls official 6.1 rom upgrade came out. anyway I do on the other hand look forward to official upgrades to the touch pro's stock rom. :D

I love custom roms tho I just try to avoid them unless i feel its worth the risk of voiding my insurance, luckly i'v bootloaded a ton of custom roms in the past (over 50 ez) and the two times it seemed bricked or sol i was able to figure out the problem (even worse thos two times was with other peoples phones lol). but i can't wait to see what you guys do with them. but as far as my touch pro goes, there wont be any custom roms on it unless it offers me something i really want, that a simple cab or registry edit can't provide.... like i donno... for example wimax capability or something crazy like that...lol

freeza 10-28-2008 02:11 AM

Changing the moment n2c makes one.

phistyle 10-28-2008 02:18 AM

well kind of pointless to make a poll now...there's really no custom roms out yet and we don't know what is going to be added or removed from the user-created roms ...

TurboFool 10-28-2008 02:22 AM

I'm shocked at how well the stock ROM runs. I'm really very impressed. That said, there's still plenty of room for improvement. Lots of low-level utilities and add-ons like those of no2chem's, and lots of performance tweaks. Considering how much the Mogul improved from crap to usable from the tweaks, I can't imagine what we'll get from the tweaks made to a surprisingly solid starting ROM.

gladesmellzgood 10-28-2008 02:48 AM

I'm pretty satisfied with this stock rom after using diamond tweaks and advance config its flying. But i will switch to custom roms once they come out and prove to be better.

jjday7 10-28-2008 05:17 PM

you can always make this beast of a phone better. It does have it's quirks like delay when opening the slider, keyboard lag, gps lag. I would have to say I will go with custom when they come out. If this phone is this good stock I can't imagine how good the roms are going to be.