PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!
Carrier: Sprint

ramiss is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

My first post but I have been following this for a few days. I am so torn between the Sprint Touch Pro and staying with Verizon's more reliable network. It is certainly a touch choice.

I went and played with the Sprint TP at the store today and I must say that the keys are really small. I may be ok with the stupid arrow placement if the VZW keys are a little bigger. I can also use AE Buttons to re-map the , and . keys if I need to.

Yeah the memory is an issue but to me I am more worried about responsiveness. If the VZW TP is slower overall then that would be the deciding factor to go with Sprint.

Richard
Old 11-23-2008, 02:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

the processor of the vzw tp should be faster than the sprint tp due to the fact that the vzw model has more dedicated memory... and im sure you will be able to flash a clean rom and have plenty of ram left over and a pretty quick device
Old 11-23-2008, 08:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850 & Dell Axim X51v
Carrier: Verizon

ColdBrew is a n00b

The keyboard is going to be bigger so that part is a plus. I don't like the keyboard layout but it's not a deal breaker. I also don't see a reason the Verizon version would be slower. If anything it will be faster.

The true downside to the phone IMHO is the RAM. It won't causes it to be slower but it will limit the number of programs that can be running at one time. And that won't change after I get use to it...

As for switching to Sprint, it would save money and get me a possibly better phone, but out of about 6+ people that I have talked to about Sprint, only 2 had any kind words to say about Sprint in this area. Most said Sprint has bad billing issues and bad coverage in the area. One even mentioned a bad tower that hasn't been fixed in over a year... Tough decisions...
Old 11-23-2008, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
the processor of the vzw tp should be faster than the sprint tp due to the fact that the vzw model has more dedicated memory... and im sure you will be able to flash a clean rom and have plenty of ram left over and a pretty quick device
the stock rom is very slow because of the pagepool I think it is still around 4 mb
I'm running stock on a 32 mb pagepool and let me tell you it is a difference!!! very fast, almost blazing fast! No lag for anything! So if anything, I will base any rom I make on the vzw stock and remove their bloatware and add a few programs, but you will like vzw touchflo 3d. Colors are red and black but you'll like it
Old 11-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

The Alltel Touch Pro is like the Sprint version
Old 11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
the stock rom is very slow because of the pagepool I think it is still around 4 mb
I'm running stock on a 32 mb pagepool and let me tell you it is a difference!!! very fast, almost blazing fast! No lag for anything!
What's that? How do you adjust it? What are the negatives of raising it? There must a negative or it would be that way be default, no?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

The Guy 34 is a n00b
Smile Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

The vzw touch pro is now on the american htc website. If you look at the overveiw though it talks about sprint. lol "Connect fast with Sprint’s Mobile Broadband Network & Wi-Fi®." ect... lol
Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700p

mfreeman73 is a n00b

I looked on htc's U.S. website. Didn't see any info. Where did you see that?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreeman73 View Post
I looked on htc's U.S. website. Didn't see any info. Where did you see that?
http://www.htc.com/us/us_product_operator.aspx?id=20758
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700p

mfreeman73 is a n00b

Thanks for the link. When I go to that page and click on the Touch Pro, there's no info on that page. Did it have something there before? Maybe they're updating it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro