PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ROM Dump How To? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41777)

five40 10-31-2008 12:38 PM

Re: ROM Dump How To?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 487502)
no you cant brick trying to dump a rom... anyways we got the dump already no need to continue perusing this. unless your looking to learn.

That's pretty much the idea, always willing to learn.

This is like a hobby for me

ImCoKeMaN 11-02-2008 04:58 PM

I have just recompiled my rapheal_C dump into an nbh. Its the same as the stock rom, but with bigstorage mode to save an extra 10mb. This is primarily for returning phone to stock. It's in my users folder on the ftp under raphael and listed in the stock rom links thread.

PS: You will need to use a hardspl to load this rom

rolgnav 11-02-2008 11:00 PM

I don't know if this is related, if it isn't, my appologies. How about an example of how to extract the XIP? I can't seem to extract that using older methods (I just came from a Hermes).

SBR_L3GION 11-02-2008 11:59 PM

the best way and only proven way to do so would be to use classic methods as there are no easy use tools yet.

TCruz 12-19-2008 11:28 PM

I hate to resurrect this old beaten to death thread but I was looking around my software folder from when I had my 6700 and I found a file named dump.bin. Now if I remember correctly this was to be put on a SD card and then inserted in to a 6700. Soft reset the 6700 and it would automatically dump the ROM as it was booting. Anybody remember this and just for curiosity will it work on the TP?

Major_Nate 02-21-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCruz (Post 589299)
I hate to resurrect this old beaten to death thread but I was looking around my software folder from when I had my 6700 and I found a file named dump.bin. Now if I remember correctly this was to be put on a SD card and then inserted in to a 6700. Soft reset the 6700 and it would automatically dump the ROM as it was booting. Anybody remember this and just for curiosity will it work on the TP?

If that works, that would be awesome...lol.

silence12782 02-21-2009 08:25 PM

I also would like to know this knoowledge!

rstoyguy 02-21-2009 08:31 PM

Now would this be the place to discuss the dumping of downloaded roms? I do have an automated tool for this but I haven't published it.

Can we discuss this and anyone give me the pro's and con's if I did release it. I've kept it to myself because it works on protected roms too, and I feel I would be even more disliked by the chefs that feel that they must protect their roms.

Let's discuss!

silence12782 02-22-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 728621)
Now would this be the place to discuss the dumping of downloaded roms? I do have an automated tool for this but I haven't published it.

Can we discuss this and anyone give me the pro's and con's if I did release it. I've kept it to myself because it works on protected roms too, and I feel I would be even more disliked by the chefs that feel that they must protect their roms.

Let's discuss!

What are you doing keeping the goods to yourself lol.
Just kidding I would love to see it in action thoe!

SBR_L3GION 02-22-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 728621)

Let's discuss!

this would be a great tool and dont worry bout the chefs on tht one ervius has already released a tool to deprotect a rom.