PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Top of the screen dead space? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41695)

gobmonster 10-26-2008 08:19 PM

Top of the screen dead space?

So, i finally know why they call this thing the touch... I CANT KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF IT!

Well, today i noticed its second hardware flaw (aside from oddily lit keyboard). In portrait mode, its almost impossible for me to hit the start button, this is because the screen flush may be to high. As it appears, the actual touch sensitive screen is not getting contact from the screen covering the devices face.

Effectively, i have a row of maybe 4-5 pixels that i cant even get to register, and a few under that that need some hard presses. To check it out, open up notes in landscape and draw mode, try to draw a line from the ear peice to the center, let me know if its just my TP.

hibby50 10-26-2008 08:22 PM

Re: Top of the screen dead space?

landscape or portrait u contradicted urself

eryeal 10-26-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobmonster (Post 477423)
So, i finally know why they call this thing the touch... I CANT KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF IT!

Well, today i noticed its second hardware flaw (aside from oddily lit keyboard). In portrait mode, its almost impossible for me to hit the start button, this is because the screen flush may be to high. As it appears, the actual touch sensitive screen is not getting contact from the screen covering the devices face.

Effectively, i have a row of maybe 4-5 pixels that i cant even get to register, and a few under that that need some hard presses. To check it out, open up notes in landscape and draw mode, try to draw a line from the ear peice to the center, let me know if its just my TP.

It's not just your TP - had the same problem, but noticed it during regular use .. not always easy to get the Start Button or X button to function all the time - it is definitely not registering the very top of the screen.

eman 10-26-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eryeal (Post 477438)
It's not just your TP - had the same problem, but noticed it during regular use .. not always easy to get the Start Button or X button to function all the time - it is definitely not registering the very top of the screen.

Same thing with the diamond. The outer border is terrible on these devices.

fat boy 10-26-2008 08:38 PM

on mine I get a dead area on the left edge for both the landscape and portrait but all the rest is working to the edge so it is not a hardware issue but something in the software that moves when you change from landscape to portrait.

maybe I'm looking at something different than you.

FYI this is not the case with my old touch or mogul, they both go right to the edge

fat boy 10-26-2008 08:41 PM

I just realized that I have a boarder around the rest of the area in notes, so it indeed probably is a hardware issue. My dead area is almost as wide as my scroll bar on the oposite side.....WOW! not good.

hibby50 10-26-2008 08:50 PM

i have 0 dead area in PORTRAIT

gobmonster 10-26-2008 09:11 PM

@fat boy, i also have a small dead on the right in portrait mode, its annoying tring to grab that bar on some apps, especially because i shrunk it so thin using diamond config. if its just a batch of these with problems then i'll be complaining to sprint next month, so im holding true to u hibby!

htcmoguluser 10-26-2008 09:21 PM

i got the same problem. i did screen align like 5 times nd it made it alil better.

Phreddo 10-26-2008 09:38 PM

from what i can tell, this has to do with the actual design of the phone. it seems that this is a standard touchscreen with an extra layer of plastic above it. so when you get near the edges, it's hard to press the screen. if you press carefully around the edges, you can feel how it's countersunk just a bit.