PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ICS Tethering registry hacks for the Sprint Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41606)

docangle 11-04-2008 03:27 PM

Re: ICS Tethering registry hacks for the Sprint Touch Pro

rageouss,

I have not had any luck in solving the issue, I have disconnection issues on my iMac(Aluminum), MacMini(PPC) and Macbook Pro (Late 2007). The only methods that works for me is USB Modem and wmwifirouter, as stated above my wife's Touch Diamond works just fine, I have a feeling they either used different BT Hardware or the Bluetooth Drivers are different.

camillion 11-06-2008 01:07 AM

My Macbook Air works well using USB Modem over bluetooth PAN but my connection using usb is almost crawl speed now. Any ideas?

AcentiaLLC 11-06-2008 01:23 PM

I'm having the same trouble. I have a Touch Dual that works perfectly through T-Mobile with Internet Sharing and my Macbook Pro 15" SR chipset. Using this new Sprint Touch Pro, it connects and within seconds disconnects. I was considering the switch to Sprint for this phone plus faster data speeds but, the speed is worthless without the ability to stay connected. Has anybody solved this mystery, yet? I'm going to try using one of the alternate programs but, I really would prefer the internet sharing to work over bluetooth with a PAN just like my Touch Dual. Thanks.

ppcninjaz 11-06-2008 01:32 PM

anyone have a working "WModen" app for touch pro? ICS works fine for me but i used to connect my laptop to my mogul and use Wmodem to send faxes

superevilllama 11-06-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppcninjaz (Post 501088)
anyone have a working "WModen" app for touch pro? ICS works fine for me but i used to connect my laptop to my mogul and use Wmodem to send faxes

how the hell did you send faxes with wmodem? That sounds interesting.

hdkilner 11-07-2008 11:43 AM

hello everyone hey Im not real secure in doing regedits yet is there a ics hack.cab like I got on here for my touch that worked so slick...thanks

captains 11-07-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdkilner (Post 503726)
hello everyone hey Im not real secure in doing regedits yet is there a ics hack.cab like I got on here for my touch that worked so slick...thanks

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=1
this?

hdkilner 11-07-2008 12:18 PM

thanks Captains works like a charm

captains 11-07-2008 03:16 PM

i have installed the cab, and i'm am clueless after this point. Could some one steer me in the right direction. i have connect my phone and i see it as a local area connection but still can not connect. using xp

eptd 11-07-2008 04:39 PM

Is this needed for tethering to work or is this a way to avoid paying the extra fee?

tommer12 11-07-2008 05:12 PM

awesome hack cab! I connected to XP and bamo.. internet connection loaded the drivers and I was online. Perfect. i saw about 1 meg down and 400 down. Not bad.. but I have a lot of other crap running, so it could hampering my connection speeds.

saaawwweeeete!

profroopchan 11-07-2008 06:49 PM

Yea! I saw 1.2 MB down and 250KB up. Thats way way faster than my Centro tethering used to be.

aenigmainc 11-07-2008 10:17 PM

I'm having a very weird issue. i did the registry hack to ICS to work. But, when i tell it to use USB it says its connected, and the EV symbol is lit, but i get no IP and no connection (i hard coded an IP to see if that fixed it but it doesnt). but when i pick Bluetooth it works fine but its actually using USB. i actually turned off USB on my laptop to make sure there wasn't an accidental connection.

any ideas? has anyone else seen this. i did a search on google and it looks like someone else had the same problem on a mogul.

Normally i wouldn't even worry but when i pick USB, i get a connection and the EV icon lights up so figure it may be faster (though it doesn't actually work) but when i pick Bluetooth the EV icon goes away (but it works (across USB)).

Thanks in advance for any pointers/suggestions.

wavezero 11-12-2008 02:03 PM

powerbook user here... same issue as others listed above- it will BT connect and stay connected indifinately, but within 5 seconds of opening safari it looses the connection. It worked perfectally with my mogul.

This REALLY sucks, I almost waited because I had a hunch that the internet sharing wasn't going to work. I hate being right about crappy things! Any ideas?

dkcharger 11-12-2008 09:45 PM

I'm using version wmwifirouter ver. .91, deleted the isext.dll file and changed the forceconnecting setting to "Sprint". Now I have no problem tethering but the connection still disconnects every few minutes. Anyone else having this problem?

cal_j 11-15-2008 11:16 AM

I need some help. I went to make the reg changes last night and they are not there. Period...

.dll file is already deleted and the forceconnection is not even in the settings folder. The only thing I can think of is trying to new wmwifirouter made the changes because I know that I did not.

Anybody think this will be a problem? I hate to try it and rack up the phone as modem bill. I know if I open ICS and tell it to connect through sprint and usb I do not get the error 67 message.

Any help would be appreciated.

cal_j 11-16-2008 04:39 PM

Sorry guys for asking again, but any ideas?

asuh 11-16-2008 04:43 PM

Because I was having connection issues with ICS this weekend, I decided to try the wmwifirouter software and the newest version, 1.25, works like a charm. I believe this is gonna be my preferred method of tethering and I think it'll be my first and only purchase for WM since I've been running WM.

cal_j 11-16-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asuh (Post 523072)
Because I was having connection issues with ICS this weekend, I decided to try the wmwifirouter software and the newest version, 1.25, works like a charm. I believe this is gonna be my preferred method of tethering and I think it'll be my first and only purchase for WM since I've been running WM.

Did you already do that ICS reg edits? I'm wondering if WMWifiRouter does them for you.. Mine are not there at all. I did not make the Changes.

asuh 11-16-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal_j (Post 523080)
Did you already do that ICS reg edits? I'm wondering if WMWifiRouter does them for you.. Mine are not there at all. I did not make the Changes.

Yes, I did the registry edits. I was successful at connecting my Mac to the phone, but it would kick me off constantly. Sometimes within seconds, sometimes in minutes. I have a thread in the Pocket PC Software threads about this.

geronimo70 11-19-2008 11:30 AM

i did reg edits and now i dont get the error 67 but the connect botton is greyed out. any thoughts ?

geronimo70 11-19-2008 12:10 PM

i DL Baffle's .cab and seems to be working tested and got 1517 DL and 442.2 UL

wavezero 11-20-2008 09:28 PM

Anyone get BT tethering to hold longer than a minute?

ian3047 11-20-2008 09:52 PM

I am just trying to use the built in ICS to run two computers like I have done with USB Modem before. But ICS on the TP conflicts with ICS on the computer.

w7excursion 12-02-2008 01:18 AM

The reigstry hack works, thanks! :headbang:

sprint_2007 12-02-2008 09:14 PM

If i go to Internet Sharing, and click USB, it wont charge so long you have a Data Plan right? I remember on the Mogul it has the option to choose Sprint PCS or Phone As Modem (PAM) will this charge us?

sprint_2007 12-03-2008 12:21 AM

bump?

wavezero 12-03-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_2007 (Post 555848)
If i go to Internet Sharing, and click USB, it wont charge so long you have a Data Plan right? I remember on the Mogul it has the option to choose Sprint PCS or Phone As Modem (PAM) will this charge us?

Do this with a reg editor:

Hack Internet Sharing to work:
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing
Delete Extension key,
set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal).

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings
Delete ForceCellConnection
[Now, if you have unlimited data and in the internet sharing program select spring (not PAM) then you can tether to a computer and you will not be charged any extra)

If you just connect with USB it defaults to Phone as a Modem and you will be charged. Do this hack, then select sprint.

sprint_2007 12-03-2008 01:19 AM

oh man your gonna kill me for saying this...but how do you do that? ive been searching and trying to figure it out but been too shy tto ask :-this'll help alot of us!

wavezero 12-03-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_2007 (Post 556386)
oh man your gonna kill me for saying this...but how do you do that? ive been searching and trying to figure it out but been too shy tto ask :-this'll help alot of us!

You need a registry editor like PHM (can be downloaded from post #5 here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...218#post545218 )

*I have not been able to get BT tether to work with my mac like my mogul did, but all this hack should do is give you the options back to select which network to connect with.

jgorm 12-04-2008 03:12 PM

I've having issues with tethering my sprint tp to a xp computer. I had it working in the past, but can't remember if it was my phone i had to trade in. I've done the reg hack.cab and it connects and says 10.0Mbit connected and it has packet transfers on the xp computer, but does not connect to the internet. Any tips or ideas?
Thanks!

ashr78 01-12-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgorm (Post 559660)
I've having issues with tethering my sprint tp to a xp computer. I had it working in the past, but can't remember if it was my phone i had to trade in. I've done the reg hack.cab and it connects and says 10.0Mbit connected and it has packet transfers on the xp computer, but does not connect to the internet. Any tips or ideas?
Thanks!

Yep, I am having the same issue. The CAB hack worked perfectly on a TP that I had to return b/c I dropped it :( Anyway, I can't get the ICS hack to work on my new TP. It shows connected but i get no connection on Firefox. Only thing I can think of is the hack says to set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal) but I only see MaxCMConnectRetries=0 in my registry...are they the same thing? any ideas?..thx!

ShIzNiTs 01-14-2009 10:52 PM

I am having serious issues with my TP. I used a cab file to edit my registry, and even checked to see if the changes were correct, which they seem to be. However, the connect button is STILL grayed out.

What do I do?! I have been searching all over, still no answer.

gordonhyde 01-15-2009 11:09 PM

After running the CAB, is there any way to know for sure if you are being charged for PAM or if its running as a free tether?

pc001 01-16-2009 01:27 AM

I tested ICS through bluetooth to work very well.

Do I need ActiveSync to get the USB part to work?
I can't get a connection through USB.

USB Modem is working fine through USB (though not through bluetooth).

So for right now, I use USB Modem for USB and ICS for bluetooth.

jasonmp3 02-26-2009 01:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:mrgreen:Made a couple of cabs files that should make it easier

The first one contains the modifications to the Registry to get Internet Sharing
"internet-sharing-mod.cab"

The second on is to return the the registry to the default setting
"internet-sharing-original.cab"

Just copy the files to your Touch Pro and click the internet-sharing-mod.cab file to install.
Install to Device/main memory (don't know what happens if you choose storage card? never tried it, never will) then your done. You will be able to tether your device through Sprint with no problems.
:mrgreen:

internet-sharing-mod.cab:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"=""
"MaxCMCon"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Status]
"Enabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings]
"ForceCellConnection"="Sprint"
"MaxCMConnectRetries"=dword:00000000

internet-sharing-original.cab:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"="isext.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Status]
"Enabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings]
"ForceCellConnection"="Phone as Modem"
"MaxCMConnectRetries"=dword:00000000

crazychef 02-26-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonhyde (Post 643694)
After running the CAB, is there any way to know for sure if you are being charged for PAM or if its running as a free tether?

yeah, its called call sprint and ask em if they can tell your stealing lol

chanchan 03-12-2009 06:33 PM

I've tried editing the registry, I've tried the cab from jasonmp3 and I've tried just deleting the value \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings\ ForcedCellConnection.

On every try I started ICS, connected and then plugged the usb cable into my laptop. It does the whole acquiring network thing and everytime it comes up with "this connection has limited or no connectivity" and I can't browse the web. What exactly am I doing wrong?

Procter 03-20-2009 06:35 PM

I tried both manually reg edit and the compiled cab file and noticed that my Diamond running with stock rom could not save the edits. You changed the "phone as modem" to "sprint", go up to the parent folder then come back the value automatically reverted. This is super annoying, now each time I have to delete those keys such as LastConnction, Forceconnection etc to get the pull-down menu in ICS so that I could choose Sprint as connection type. And everytime I softreset this menu disappear and all the edits reverted back to "phone as modem".

faceoff101 03-23-2009 09:58 AM

So there is no 100% way to tether with sprint on the touch pro? all i see is mixed comments some say it works some say it does not, can some one give a definite answer if its working or not and what should be done to make the hack work?