PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Text Input Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41564)

munnarg 10-26-2008 12:44 AM

Text Input Touch Pro

For the life me I can't seem to be able to post in the quick reply box in Opera at all. It doesn't bring up any of the input options, and the hardware keyboard doesn't work either.](*,)](*,)](*,)

chedda_chez 10-26-2008 12:46 AM

Re: Text Input Touch Pro

is there a mobile site for ppc? a .wap or something?

-Chez

imneveral0ne 10-26-2008 01:10 AM

yes there is a mobile site for ppcgeeks (i think thats what you were asking), but i dont know it by heart. i also noticed that i couldnt type when looking at this site in opera. i was trying to post on my way home from getting the phone and it didnt work out :-\

B18DelSolT 10-26-2008 01:19 AM

I dunno all these negetive things are kind of making me not want to get one :(

TheBundo 10-26-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B18DelSolT (Post 476005)
I dunno all these negetive things are kind of making me not want to get one :(

It put out my fire too. Still want to find something better than the Mogul though, but this ain't it

munnarg 10-26-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 476013)
It put out my fire too. Still want to find something better than the Mogul though, but this ain't it

Actually this is 10x better than the Mogul in my opinion. I was able to use the mobile site to post replies. The option is at the bottom of the page. I'll try a couple other forums to see if it's just this one or Opera on the whole that doesn't allow it.

munnarg 10-26-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 476013)

I swear your last 20 or so posts have been all negative about a phone you don't have in your possession. You really should get one in your hands and give it a shot before you cry it down.

EtherealRemnant 10-26-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munnarg (Post 476022)
I swear your last 20 or so posts have been all negative about a phone you don't have in your possession. You really should get one in your hands and give it a shot before you cry it down.

THANK YOU!!

God its been bugging the hell out of me. You can't bash something you don't have.

imneveral0ne 10-26-2008 01:44 AM

yeah for real, if you dont like the phone, stay outta this part of the forum.

gsvnet 10-26-2008 01:51 AM

This is a known issue with a certain build of Opera, I believe. I've had the same issue on the Diamond until I started using Juicy's ROM.

I don't see how this would be a downside to the Touch Pro itself, so I don't know why that's being discussed in this thread.