PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Previous Diamond Owners Only... How do you compare the touch pro to the diamond? poll (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41372)

land2634 10-27-2008 02:01 PM

Re: Previous Diamond Owners Only... How do you compare the touch pro to the diamond?

Overall I really like this better than the Diamond. Obviously I like having my keyboard back, etc. I want to give the battery life a rigorous test once I have gone through a few cycles on it to make sure the battery is "broken in" or "conditioned". The GPS lag is indeed still present, so hopefully someone can find a registry entry or something to fix this. The size is better than I expected, although it definitely feels heavy.

imneveral0ne 10-27-2008 02:13 PM

Re: Previous Diamond Owners Only... How do you compare the touch pro to the diamond?

i havent noticed any GPS lag, i was in the car yesterday with google maps on and it followed me perfectly the whole way, maybe 20-40 feet off from where i actually was. but i was in a moving car so thats to be expected.

theclerk74 10-27-2008 02:45 PM

I was surprised how much thicker it feels. I mean, looking at the two together, the TP isn't that much thicker. But in hand it sure feels different. I like having the keyboard, but the keys seem harder to press that on my Mogul, and the layout is different which is going to take me some time to get used to. I got the Diamond first like a lot of you, and I will say this: I like how the Diamond slips into my pockets with ease, I never minded the on-board memory, I didn't hate the maroon back and generally love the phone. My biggest complaint though,, was the full QWERTY keyboard was too small to really use well, and the compact-QWERTY would drive me nuts because it would choose the wrong word so often, and I wouldn't catch it. My poor friends and family thought I was an idiot at times because they had no clue what my texts were really saying. If I could have gotten over that, I would keep the Diamond. But I was spoiled by the Mogul.

One last thing, I think the overall differences in the two phones are pretty minimal to most people. Do you want a keyboard for $50 more? They are both great phones, with not much price difference. I would love to hear from more people comparing either phone to their previous phones. I've been reading a few people miss their Treos, for example.

jjday7 10-27-2008 03:08 PM

just one thing though. This pro does not heat up like the diamond. The pro does not have problems with the screen not being flush with the unit or a useless d pad like the diamond is reported to have. The weight of the pro is better too comparing them. I like to feel like I am holding a phone. Weight is not always a bad thing. Just as long as it's not the weight of my treo 700 which is like a deadly weapon.

digitalonellc 01-23-2009 10:26 AM

last time i checked they did.