PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   CDMA Raphael Elite Project! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41345)

bullet2300 10-27-2008 11:47 AM

Re: CDMA Raphael Elite Project!

I would certainly donate if the project turns out well.. I am a nub also, but will be patiently watching on the side lines, if thats ok :)

shellguy 10-27-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet2300 (Post 478637)
I would certainly donate if the project turns out well.. I am a nub also, but will be patiently watching on the side lines, if thats ok :)

The issue is that for the project to become a project they need the funding... Please give even 5 bucks will help..

Shell

Young_breedent 10-27-2008 12:07 PM

Just made a donation and will make another one in a couple of days......Lets get the ball rolling on this guys :-). I know we just got the phone but i'm addicted to flashing and when we got people like MightyMike, No2Chem, Juicy47, Juggalo, NexVision, Olipro, etc. the possiblities are endless. I'm to excited to see what you guys come up with.

If you guys need help in anyway just let me know.

ltxda 10-27-2008 07:10 PM

I wanted to peek in and say thanks to you guys for supporting the team.

One way we want to encourage people to participate in the project is to review the project thread at xda and provide your feedback here by suggesting maybe a cool freeware tool that we can add....if there is space....etc. We have a good package of apps already in the ROM but if you recommend something that's not already in there and it doesn't affect, in a negative way, the stability or performance of the ROM then we'll seriously consider putting it in. Looking forward to your feedback and thank you guys for all your support. This ROM is for ALL of us. I love the way GSM and CDMA users are coming together for this one common project. :)

Terrik 10-27-2008 07:29 PM

TELUS for all us canadian customers since no other carrier will be getting it up here. I plan to donate something along the lines of $50-$80 once i stop being lazy and get paypal setup.

stroths 10-27-2008 08:21 PM

+1 Sprint. Just sent donation.

eb3604 10-27-2008 08:54 PM

+ 1 sprint. Don't have that much money, but I gave some. next paycheck I'm gonna try to give some more. I had the mogul for a brief time, and did some custom dialer skins. Just got the touch pro yesterday, but when i get some free time, I will try to analyze the dialer. Although i don't know much about tf3d and if they're intertwined somehow.

TurboFool 10-27-2008 09:38 PM

Just donated $10. The phone runs surprisingly well already, but there's so much room for improvement.

NetApex 10-27-2008 11:11 PM

Another Sprint vote here. I am anxious to see how the ROM turns out. I bet HTC is as well actually. Critical, take note, maybe HTC can donate a couple of phones to the project.

Mogulroonie 10-27-2008 11:18 PM

Sprint!

MaskedLion 10-28-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltxda (Post 479700)
I wanted to peek in and say thanks to you guys for supporting the team.

One way we want to encourage people to participate in the project is to review the project thread at xda and provide your feedback here by suggesting maybe a cool freeware tool that we can add....if there is space....etc. We have a good package of apps already in the ROM but if you recommend something that's not already in there and it doesn't affect, in a negative way, the stability or performance of the ROM then we'll seriously consider putting it in. Looking forward to your feedback and thank you guys for all your support. This ROM is for ALL of us. I love the way GSM and CDMA users are coming together for this one common project. :)

So you guys make kitchens also I hope?
Just wandering since you say you add a lot of apps to the "ROM".
I am a minimalist who just want a fast/functional device.

rhannahs19 10-28-2008 12:05 AM

verizon is my vote

peacock93 10-28-2008 06:59 AM

Astain or Lenny,

Are you guys working with Colonel, Luv, Helmi and the whole ppckitchen.org team or is this a completely different project??

pea****93

lennysh 10-28-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pea****93 (Post 480777)
Astain or Lenny,

Are you guys working with Colonel, Luv, Helmi and the whole ppckitchen.org team or is this a completely different project??

pea****93

This may end up merging with PPCKitchen.org as I know that question has been asked before, but it's two seperate projects even though Me, Astain, and no2chem, and maybe more, are also on the PPCKitchen.org team as well.

blazin-asian 10-28-2008 04:10 PM

considering the majority of users on this site are from Sprint, Verizon, or Telus i would like to believe those 3 would take top priority.

ive seen some other people like dcd make a generic rom then add cabs for customization for the respective carriers. would this be similar to that so that the collaborated effort could go towards the ROM instead of the customization?

please correct if im wrong because im just a big fan and actually have no idea of what you guys do. i just REALLY appreciate the hard work everyone puts into it and will be donating soon.

i just need to sort out these billing headaches with Sprint first =\

parkjam 10-28-2008 05:20 PM

Why is this thread not stickied?

tunerstk 10-28-2008 07:30 PM

I sent a small $20 donation. I will send more in a few weeks.

Thanks these projects nearly double the useful value of these phones especially for noobies.

Yah this should be moved to upgrades and be a stickie!

dinkey 10-28-2008 07:44 PM

Sprint +5!!! for the entire family ofcourse. Donation on its way soon!

MaskedLion 10-28-2008 08:17 PM

Since no response I guess I will assume that you guys only make ROMs loaded with software I don't need or want and will instead send my donations elsewhere. Thanks for the clarification.

Young_breedent 10-28-2008 09:16 PM

So now for us who have donated can we get a little insight on when we can be expecting a rom :-)???? I know it takes time and i'm not rushing but i'm just itching to flash.

binny1070 10-28-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedLion (Post 481645)
Since no response I guess I will assume that you guys only make ROMs loaded with software I don't need or want and will instead send my donations elsewhere. Thanks for the clarification.

Well without there work there will be no custome roms so..... but once they get a hard spl going than yes i am sure ther will be very clean roms for you to pick from.

AstainHellbring 10-29-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedLion (Post 480465)
So you guys make kitchens also I hope?
Just wandering since you say you add a lot of apps to the "ROM".
I am a minimalist who just want a fast/functional device.

With this rom there is no need to worry even though we put plenty of apps in there it will not slow your device down at all. That is why we have taken our time to perfect the rom as much as possible to make sure that it can be loaded and yet still be as fast as possible as well

chedda_chez 10-29-2008 12:10 AM

i dont know much about "custom roms" but what is the over/under on you guys haing this ready. im sure it takes ALOT of time.

just wondering...

-Chez

anonymous_object 10-29-2008 12:43 AM

This sounds promising. I made a donation :)

Scald 10-29-2008 12:52 AM

Telus support would be greatly appreciated, seeing as its the only way I know of to get one in Canada

Once I get paypal working with my new bank account I'll definately donate $20 or so, how much has been raised so far?

TONEEDO 10-29-2008 01:14 AM

Sprint please. Thnx

Theutus 10-29-2008 01:34 AM

Another vote for sprint... I'll be sending my donation shortly.

cmonex 10-29-2008 03:12 AM

UPDATES

1. we got some more donations, really appreciated! Astain will soon update the list.
2. sspl and hardspl are done!!! been working with no2chem on this as he has a device to test. test versions so far, I need to add the final features, but the basics are all working fine! :D no, not public yet, sorry. but you only need to wait until about thursday (I'm traveling all day on wednesday)

so watch this space! :D

pg2k3 10-29-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 482401)
UPDATES

1. we got some more donations, really appreciated! Astain will soon update the list.
2. sspl and hardspl are done!!! been working with no2chem on this as he has a device to test. test versions so far, I need to add the final features, but the basics are all working fine! :D no, not public yet, sorry. but you only need to wait until about thursday (I'm traveling all day on wednesday)

so watch this space! :D

Cracked in less than a week! Amazing!

gladesmellzgood 10-29-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pg2k3 (Post 482403)
Cracked in less than a week! Amazing!

hell yeah:headbang:

gator352 10-29-2008 05:58 AM

SPRINT !!!!

bigben 10-29-2008 06:34 AM

Made my donation at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2834296

I vote for the Sprint Unlocker.

Txs

CaliforniaPlaya 10-29-2008 06:53 AM

Just kicked down a couple of $$$. Glad to see things are progressing! :)

lennysh 10-29-2008 07:27 AM

I would like to thank everybody that has donated! We are progressing along nicely as you may have already read. If the donations haven't been updated yet, they should be today. As far as the multiple carrier thingy goes, I'm sure no2chem can come up with an idea like he did with his Titan ROMs to give you a choice at first boot to pick your carrier. So that shouldn't be a problem at all. If anybody has any ROM dumps from a Diamond and/or Raphael for the seperate carriers, or links to the download, please PM me or AstainHellbring so we can make sure we get these so we can pull the carrier info out of them. I do know I currently have 2 Sprint Raphael ROMs, and 1 Verizon Raphael ROM. Sprint of course shouldn't be a problem, and neither should be Verizon. I even have an Alltel Diamond ROM. So I should have enough information from those three carriers to get the settings. Would be nice if all the ROMs were Raphael only so we can also grab the EPST information. So everybody be looking for any CDMA Diamond / Raphael ROMs. We need all we can get to insure a speedy release with every carrier setting we can get our hands on. Thanks, and please be patient while we do what we can to provide you the best ROM you may ever run on your new Touch Pros! =D>

[sammich] 10-29-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennysh (Post 482476)
I would like to thank everybody that has donated! We are progressing along nicely as you may have already read. If the donations haven't been updated yet, they should be today. As far as the multiple carrier thingy goes, I'm sure no2chem can come up with an idea like he did with his Titan ROMs to give you a choice at first boot to pick your carrier. So that shouldn't be a problem at all. If anybody has any ROM dumps from a Diamond and/or Raphael for the seperate carriers, or links to the download, please PM me or AstainHellbring so we can make sure we get these so we can pull the carrier info out of them. I do know I currently have 2 Sprint Raphael ROMs, and 1 Verizon Raphael ROM. Sprint of course shouldn't be a problem, and neither should be Verizon. I even have an Alltel Diamond ROM. So I should have enough information from those three carriers to get the settings. Would be nice if all the ROMs were Raphael only so we can also grab the EPST information. So everybody be looking for any CDMA Diamond / Raphael ROMs. We need all we can get to insure a speedy release with every carrier setting we can get our hands on. Thanks, and please be patient while we do what we can to provide you the best ROM you may ever run on your new Touch Pros! =D>

I know you guys are hardcore programmers, and I appreciate your work! Now, do you think you could do this:

Write a small app that assigns the power button to a program? Yea I know its weird, but it'd take your brains about 2 minutes!
Oh, and what about a multi-boot environment w/ Android?

Hhaha I'm getting greedy now.

Well, keep up the fantastic work guys! I appreciate it.

jjlwork 10-29-2008 08:17 AM

Canadian carriers that will be getting this phone are Telus (November release) and Bell (December release) I am not sure if Rogers is getting this phone, but they are getting the Diamond, so most likely they will carry the pro as well (Rogers is GSM so I assume they would fall under the xda version of this project.)

lnchbx13 10-29-2008 12:56 PM

Just made a donation...can't wait for some cooked rom sweetness!!!

stroths 10-29-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 482492)
I know you guys are hardcore programmers, and I appreciate your work! Now, do you think you could do this:

Write a small app that assigns the power button to a program? Yea I know its weird, but it'd take your brains about 2 minutes!
Oh, and what about a multi-boot environment w/ Android?

Hhaha I'm getting greedy now.

Well, keep up the fantastic work guys! I appreciate it.

You can assign a program to the power button. I have one assigned to the long press where it toggles vibrate/ringer mode.

Here is the thread I started for button remapping methods that includes what you are asking - LINK

Look at the 2nd section of the 1st post for what you are asking. No additional software needed either.

conflipper 10-29-2008 01:23 PM

lenny, i should be getting the touch pro the day they are out for alltel. i am hearing nov 14 thrown around. once i get it, i will be able to do a dump and get you that, so you can work on it.

NexVision 10-29-2008 02:05 PM

Super CID'd over here.. Now time to play..