PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint HTC Touch PRO... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40247)

kodak 10-12-2008 10:49 PM

Sprint HTC Touch PRO...

The sprint is suppose to drop the HTC Touch PRO soon but i heard it got delayed till Nov.2. I met a guy on craigslist who have the phone and is willing to sell it. Im wondering how legit is it if the phone hasnt even came out on the sprint network yet? He said he will wait to the phone is activated on my account b4 i pay him. Do you think i should purchase it?

Hafrust 10-12-2008 10:56 PM

Re: Sprint HTC Touch PRO...

It's either a clone or a European version. I'd stay away. Just curious, how much is he asking for it? I've heard of cloned Pros for around $110 or so. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

kodak 10-12-2008 11:01 PM

he said 250, u think i shouldnt? ill ask him

Hafrust 10-12-2008 11:02 PM

Like you said, the phone hasn't been officially released in the USA, so I would be extremely skeptical.

kodak 10-12-2008 11:06 PM

well how can i find out if its not US? or if its even legit? By tryin to put it on my account...what?!!?! I really want it

Qomolangma 10-13-2008 04:05 AM

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are good that it's a duck. Sounds like it isn't what he says it is. Where did he get the phone? I'd wait for a real one.

JBundy 10-13-2008 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodak (Post 456174)
The sprint is suppose to drop the HTC Touch PRO soon but i heard it got delayed till Nov.2. I met a guy on craigslist who have the phone and is willing to sell it. Im wondering how legit is it if the phone hasnt even came out on the sprint network yet? He said he will wait to the phone is activated on my account b4 i pay him. Do you think i should purchase it?

It's up to you, but proceed with extreme caution. Prior to going to your carrier for activation, run a check on the device's serial to make sure it wasn't lifted somewhere. You could end up in the wrong place quickly.

Sauske 10-13-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodak (Post 456174)

Simple ask the that guy for the ESN # (DEC) call sprint and tell them your doing a esn check, give the number and if it's clean and legit it will be in there system & the rep should tell you what type of phone it is!

kodak 10-13-2008 12:21 PM

thank u all. the advice given is really helpful...by the way, i THANKED=D> all of u

chavezguy04 10-13-2008 12:42 PM

Keep us informed!