PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   battery for rafael aka touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33588)

theevilmonkee 07-31-2008 04:12 PM

battery for rafael aka touch pro

I was reading the specs for the touch pro, and it said that the mAh of the battery was 1350. That doesn't make any since to me. Since the Rafael is the replacement to the Mogul then why would it have a lower mAh than the default battery than the Mogul? The rafael would definatley have more features and complications than the mogul so wouldn't it take up more battery life?

Tiberius85 07-31-2008 05:01 PM

Re: battery for rafael aka touch pro

Yup.. but its also a different size battery to fit in a similar form factor. All those new features take up space and something has to give.. either a larger phone or a smaller battery or fewer features. Ill either get a second battery or get an aftermarket extended battery that fits in the same space.. im not into those big *** 3500mAh batts that require doubling the thickness.

holo 07-31-2008 09:01 PM

heh newer chipsets usually have better power usage than older ones - newer revisions of WM devices usually last longer on the same amount of mah as the previous generation.

aznmode 07-31-2008 09:32 PM

It's just like the Treo 800w that replaced the 700w/wx. Smaller phone = smaller battery = lower mah

theevilmonkee 07-31-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 367621)
It's just like the Treo 800w that replaced the 700w/wx. Smaller phone = smaller battery = lower mah

well i cant seee how the touch pro could be related to that because the touch pro is larger than the mogul.

shouldn't it be:

bigger phone = bigger battery = higher mAh

but for some reason it's lower mAh.

???

imneveral0ne 08-01-2008 04:15 AM

im sure it will have a better battery when sprint gets it. i believe the battery for the sprint touch had a higher mAh than the elf/gsm version

Blad3 08-01-2008 05:46 AM

video processing is no longer processor side, as the driver will take care of that. hence better battery power. it will just be a better phone all around, so accept the mah, accept the battery size and get used to life with the touch pro.

hetaldp 08-01-2008 06:43 AM

Qualcomm MSM 7502 have Better Power management then MSM7500

cordodor 08-01-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theevilmonkee (Post 367695)
well i cant seee how the touch pro could be related to that because the touch pro is larger than the mogul.

shouldn't it be:

bigger phone = bigger battery = higher mAh

but for some reason it's lower mAh.

???

touch pro is smaller than the mogul. Not by much, but it is smaller.

touch pro (in GSM form):
4.0 x 2.0 x 0.7 inches (102 x 51 x 18 mm)
5.8 oz (165 g)

Mogul:
4.3 x 2.3 x 0.7 inches (110 x 59 x 18.5 mm)
5.8 oz (165 g)

MooZx3 08-07-2008 02:40 PM

just b/c the mah went down on a phone doesn't mean too much.
Like previously stated newer chips are generally more efficient.
One thing size might have an effect on is the CPU chip. If it's smaller, it probably pulls less juice.
It could also be the way the hardware is setup uses power more efficiently.

Then again, this is also why I DON"T plan on buying the 1st gen release of these phone.
Just like everyother phone newer revisions get released that are 'usually" better than the last.

I say this b/c the new Windows Mobile seems to really suck on the Mogul.

If anything I would want to know overall voltages and the true battery size.
If it's a battery that has to put out less mah, and it the same size or very very close, wouldn't this in theory mean longer battery life between charges?????